What is your ideology on life/death

• Pro-mortalist (every human would be better off not continuing to live)

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Anti-natalist (humans are better off not being born, but not everyone is better off dead)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pro choice (producing humans is ok, but they should choose whether they continue existing)

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Pro life (suicide is never ok for anyone under any circumstance)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro assisted suicide (for certain unbearable conditions)

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
M

myownpetvirus

21st Century Lobotomy
Dec 29, 2022
Curious to see what the the make up is of our wonderful community

Reactions: epic
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
I'm somewhere between antinatalist and pro choice, since I would personally never want to create new life due to how much suffering occurs in the world. However, I would not impose my beliefs on others and deny their choice to have children, no matter how much I disagree with the notion that life is worthwhile. I do think that society needs to accept that people should have the right to end their lives if that's what they really wish for (with proper safeguards for euthanasia protocols).

Reactions: pyamu and redeyepiranha
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Out of the options, I certainly support the idea of promortalism as I do believe that to not exist is objectively the most preferable and rational option under all circumstances. I view the existence of life as being something so harmful and disturbing that of course would had been better off never existing at all. Just the fact that existing involves so many risks, like how there is no limit as to how much we can potentially be tortured if we stay here means that to me, I see existence as being something that is best avoided.

Existing is something so worthless and unnecessary that serves no purpose other than just being a cycle of meaningless suffering and to me existence could never be worth it. I view non existence as being the ideal state as I only see existence to be a disadvantage that holds no value, it's extreme cruelty to force life into this world and burden them with existence. I believe that nobody should ever procreate as life itself is the true problem and something so terrible as life should never be glorified in any way. I'm completely against suffering and I see something so admirable about those who choose to voluntarily free themselves from existence. There is nothing more ideal than being completely unaware of this world and not being trapped in the prison that is consciousness. The only true fortunate ones, are of course those who die, as to die solves all problems and there are no disadvantages to being dead.

Reactions: Lammpz and yive
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
Pro choice and assisted in appropriate circumstances.

redeyepiranha

redeyepiranha

Jun 22, 2022
I'm an antinatalist, but I'd never impose my views on other people. Yes, I think procreation is horrible, especially considering the state of the modern world but I have no right to tell others how to live. I guess if euthanasia was more available I'd reconsider my views on procreation.

Reactions: suisuiforum
StruggleWithin

StruggleWithin

Gnothi Seauton
Aug 8, 2022
I am pro-choice: to me that means I support a person's right to choose. Some topics that I am pro-choice of are abortion, suicide, procreation, marriage, religious beliefs, prostitution, and any drug use.

Inferno

Inferno

Jan 9, 2023
I don't have an ideology, I just believe whatever I want. Anything that is good for me is what I'll do because I'm entirely self centred. Anything others do is out of my control so I have no say in it. If I had to pick any of these it would be pro-choice, suicide isn't something that should happen at all, in an ideal world it wouldn't exist, but this isn't an ideal world.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I'm an anti-natalist because I think that anyone who has a kid who is actually capable of grasping the concept of how bad things are in this world/the potential for horrible long-term suffering is acting illogically. It's just too risky of a choice when you are risking extreme pain that won't end for a LONG time. Furthermore, us humans do impose quite a lot of suffering which I think outweighs all the good.

Reactions: redeyepiranha
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wished I was able to choose more than one option (up to 2) which would mean that I would consider myself an anti-natalist and also a pro-choicer as well. Though for my position on pro-choice, I would not consider producing humans to be acceptable (due to my anti-natalist stance) as there is no way for a non-sentience being to choose whether to become sentient or not.

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I'm an anti-natalist because I think that anyone who has a kid who is actually capable of grasping the concept of how bad things are in this world/the potential for horrible long-term suffering is acting illogically. It's just too risky of a choice when you are risking extreme pain that won't end for a LONG time. Furthermore, us humans do impose quite a lot of suffering which I think outweighs all the good.
Not really, Most people (especially in the first world) are going to have great lives long term because they won't suffer from chronic mental or physical illness until the tail end of their lives. Most people also have stable nuclear families which will make them productive citizens. Of course there is going to be pain but its going to get overshadowed by the joyous moments for most people.

The young people in the forum are outliers an exception to the rule.

Reactions: Givenuponlife and myownpetvirus
M

myownpetvirus

21st Century Lobotomy
Dec 29, 2022
Not really, Most people (especially in the first world) are going to have great lives long term because they won't suffer from chronic mental or physical illness until the tail end of their lives. Most people also have stable nuclear families which will make them productive citizens. Of course there is going to be pain but its going to get overshadowed by the joyous moments for most people.

That's my opinion too I don't understand anti Natalism

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022

I'm not really looking to debate. Was just sharing the reasoning behind what I selected.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I have too much time on my hands lol .
lol I do too. I generally like debating actually but didn't want to derail the thread or anything like that.

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I'm pro-choice. I used to be anti-natalist and even pro-mortalist at times but I just don't think these ideologies will ever catch on for most people because the majority of people were glad they were born, and want to pass the "gift" of life to children of their own. They don't care if these children will inevitably face suffering because they deem suffering as a worthy tradeoff for existence. I think it will be easier to convince people that for some of us suffering isn't worth it and we should have a right to die in a humane way. Those who want to live can continue to live and those who want to die can die whenever they choose, everybody wins. It's bizarre how we live in a so-called progressive world yet we don't respect the decision to die. I'm positive that hundreds of years from now pro-choice will be the norm, and interfering with anyone's right to die will be seen as inhumane.

Reactions: Givenuponlife and StruggleWithin