_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
I'm sorry about this, but I'm a big fan of aviation. I'm just curious, because I have a few favorites myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming, psp3000 and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
My favorite one SeaTac (Seattle).

Walter

• Love
Reactions: stilldreaming and _Alfarooq_
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
the Denver airport because of the big blue scary horse

• Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife, _Alfarooq_ and whywere
F

fearandloathing183

Aug 4, 2023
Atlanta because of that cool decorated hallway (idk if you guys know what I'm talking about). I also like JFK because they have their own train and I love trains.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming, psp3000, whywere and 1 other person
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
Atlanta because of that cool decorated hallway (idk if you guys know what I'm talking about). I also like JFK because they have their own train and I love trains.
Nice. I like London Heathrow because it's unique, is very large and they gave me a nice holiday experience.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and whywere
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
toronto airport, but granted I've not been in alot of other big cities

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and _Alfarooq_
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
MUC

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Istanbul airport, its very big and I like the absurd amount of moving sidewalks, lol. But there was an older airport, it stopped being used to build the current one. The old one was in a very convenient location, for me. The new airport is in the middle of nowhere. Thats the only complaint I have.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: _Alfarooq_ and psp3000
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Istanbul airport, its very big and I like the absurd amount of moving sidewalks, lol. But there was an older airport, it stopped being used to build the current one. The old one was in a very convenient location, for me. The new airport is in the middle of nowhere. Thats the only complaint I have.
LOL IST is HUGE ^^ Ataturk was the old one ... I was there I guess once.

Reactions: アホペンギン
FeyB

FeyB

C.E.O. of Nihilism
Aug 5, 2023
Must be Narita Airport, really like how good it's connected with the metro and how easy it is to go around
Schiphol , NL
True, I could go around easly even when I was stoned af

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
John Lennon airport in Liverpool. When I see that yellow submarine outside it makes me excited like a kid for my holidays!!! Lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Alfarooq_, Praestat_Mori and whywere
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT AIRPORT AS WELL (And yes, your right, I don't even know why they decided to replace the perfect nostalgic ataturk airport with this one. They wasted $12 billion)
LOL IST is HUGE ^^ Ataturk was the old one ... I was there I guess once.
I went to both airports and I gotta say... I enjoyed the experience in both places.

Reactions: アホペンギン and Praestat_Mori
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Any airport that puts something interesting in it I appreciate and gets bonus points, eg Vancouver with the atrium and aquarium and art. Atlanta too like someone mentioned, some great color. Also appreciated how extremely clean Incheon and Narita were. SeaTac has some great native art.

Really for me they're all a bit fun in some way (even tiny ones) because it's usually exciting to travel. The airport employees all seem super kind and helpful too. Large airports like Schiphol, Charles de Gaulle, and especially LAX and Heathrow can be so fun just because they feel like a small city. Wish I could just travel loads guilt-free (with ofc the time/money to do so).

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, _Alfarooq_ and whywere
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
Any airport that puts something interesting in it I appreciate and gets bonus points, eg Vancouver with the atrium and aquarium and art. Atlanta too like someone mentioned, some great color. Also appreciated how extremely clean Incheon and Narita were. SeaTac has some great native art.

Really for me they're all a bit fun in some way (even tiny ones) because it's usually exciting to travel. The airport employees all seem super kind and helpful too. Large airports like Schiphol, Charles de Gaulle, and especially LAX and Heathrow can be so fun just because they feel like a small city. Wish I could just travel loads guilt-free (with ofc the time/money to do so).
Airports like lax and heathrow and Istanbul are Nostalgic because they are so large.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and stilldreaming
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Airports like lax and heathrow and Istanbul are Nostalgic because they are so large.
So what're your favorite airports then? Seeing as how you're really into aviation :)

_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
So what're your favorite airports then? Seeing as how you're really into aviation :)
My favorites are london heathrow, Manchester Airport, and Istanbul ataturk (which is gone) and the new Istanbul airport. Manchester and london heathrow both bring a nice start to your holiday, and the 2 Istanbul airports bring a unique vibe and increase the value and reputation of the city.

Reactions: stilldreaming and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I went to both airports and I gotta say... I enjoyed the experience in both places.
Yes I did, too. Unfortunately I had only short layovers so no time to experience the lounges. Maybe next time if I ever travel via IST again ... That's in case I don't ctb earlier.

I've been at LHR only once, also nice experience there.

Last edited:
Reactions: stilldreaming and _Alfarooq_
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
Yes I did, too. Unfortunately I had only short layovers so no time to experience the lounges. Maybe next time if I ever travel via IST again ... That's in case I don't ctb earlier.

I've been at LHR only once, also nice experience there.
One of the few reasons why I am still here, is because I want to travel. If I can confirm that I can't ever do that, then it's time to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming, whywere and Praestat_Mori
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
One of the few reasons why I am still here, is because I want to travel. If I can confirm that I can't ever do that, then it's time to CTB.
I am 100% the same as you. I travel for work, and I have a huge bucket list of global places that I want to visit. Also, the same as far as, I have 24/7 chronic pain, if I cannot travel/fly then a VAD would be the next stop for me.

Have a great rest of this week.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming, _Alfarooq_ and Praestat_Mori
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
SFO

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@wwww may we enter the thread with airport photos during takeoff / landing?

_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Jul 24, 2023
@wwww may we enter the thread with airport photos during takeoff / landing?
Do you mean in a new thread or on this one? Yes you can put photos and videos in this one if that's what you mean. And also I have a lot myself that I can show you!
San Francisco international is also a nice one.