Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
I'm curious to know the day to day routines of people here. Reason I'm asking is because I thing our habits and established routines might have something to do with why we want to ctb.

My routine for example, has been an absolute mess lately. I don't have a sleep schedule, and wake up whenever. I'm eating unhealthy and skipping meals often. I have to drag myself to show up for work. My free time is spent on the computer playing games.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvaAdore, ocd is bad, shush and 6 others
Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse

Aug 25, 2020
I don't have a sleep schedule
Same here, I never had a "good" sleeping schedule but when these lockdowns started it pretty much turned it completely upside down. I'm awake during the night and asleep during the day.

As for the things I do it's playing games too and sometimes watching anime, when I don't have any work to do.

Oh, and I listen to music while doing pretty much anything :P.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ocd is bad, Deleted member 4993 and sourpink
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Wake up. Work from home. Drink wine, then go to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ocd is bad, AvaAdore, Apathy's Girl and 6 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Depends. Some days consist of me taking as many sleeping type tablets as I can in order to sleep through this misery. Being awake is too hard when I feel like this. If I can just stay in bed, even better.

• Love
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, shush, Lost_the_will2_live and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Usually it would involve college, but with that gone and no job I just wake up, drink tea, sit on my computer, eat lunch, more computer, bath, computer, sleep. Sometimes go out for a walk or lie in bed depressed for a few hours.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ocd is bad, Deleted member 4993, KleinerWolf and 2 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
  1. wake up
  2. piss, brush teeth
  3. take meds
  4. go on phone
  5. take occasional piss break
  6. go on phone
  7. brush teeth, shower
  8. go back on phone
  9. piss one last time
  10. sleep
there's some variables, like maybe i'll decide i want to write or draw, or maybe my family wants to go out somewhere. otherwise, it's bland. actually, typing this out makes me realize why i'm so bored every day, but oh well.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I wake up around 3pm, I don't sleep well at night and I'm up very late into the morning sometimes, so when I do sleep I don't set alarms, I just let myself wake up when I feel I've had enough sleep. Sort my dogs out, maybe change out my pyjamas into joggers and a tshirt, go on the pc, sit there all day playing games or watching youtube, take my dogs out, feed them, go back on the pc. Exciting day compared to how it used to be a year or so ago.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
When I wake up/go to bed I typically lay there indulging in heroic fantasies; then I take a shower. When i go to work, since I quite literally do nothing for 8 hours, I'll listen to music or a podcast. This goes on until I go home, I'll usually get high and then go to bed.
I don't usually eat, if I do it's a small snack during my shift. A bunch of coffee though

Reactions: sourpink
ward0x

ward0x

Aug 22, 2020
I'm curious to know the day to day routines of people here. Reason I'm asking is because I thing our habits and established routines might have something to do with why we want to ctb.

My routine for example, has been an absolute mess lately. I don't have a sleep schedule, and wake up whenever. I'm eating unhealthy and skipping meals often. I have to drag myself to show up for work. My free time is spent on the computer playing games.
Work. Taking care of my (very ill dog). Normal house chores. TV or a hike. Unsuccessfully try to sleep. Repeat.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Deleted member 4993, sourpink and 1 other person
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I don't have a routine. I just play games, do schoolwork when I'm motivated, then I try to go to sleep. Usually I fail, and end up passing out around 5 or so.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and sourpink
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I live with my parents since they have guardianship over me (I'm too mentally ill to properly care for myself) so I literally lay in bed on my phone all day and all night. I only get up to use the bathroom or grab a snack from the fridge. I am living a life that is as close to death as it can get, without actually being dead.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 4 others
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
so here's my day to day routine.. I was hesitant to write it out and see how bad it looks. yep. just what I thought. oh well.

1. wake up (7am-1pm range) and weigh immediately
2. black coffee, usually only one cup but I need more when I feel worse
3. take my "morning" aka whenever I wake up meds
4. think about drinking water but don't get around to doing it
5. panic and cope in unhealthy ways until 3pm
6. either shower and get dressed and fix my hair/brush my teeth/make myself smell ok OR I just consider brushing my teeth and even then putting it off for a couple hours
7. all of a sudden it's 7pm
8. I realise my intake for the day is roughly 5-10 cals and I haven't eaten at all
9. either take pride in that realization and use it as motivation to keep that number where it is OR I end up making ~280 cals for supper OR I deliberate for hours and then settle on 1 cup of frozen fruit
10. immediately start to feel overwhelmed - this is normally when I'd dissociate or become hyper vigilant and paranoid
11. remember I have a prescription for medical cannabis for a reason (the reason is mostly to help my appetite and comfort level eating) but remind myself I'm not obligated to eat just because weed might relax me
12. I go outside to smoke weed, finally fill up my water bottle because if my throat is at all dry while I smoke I'll need water, and that gets me drinking water for the day
13. I come inside, immediately go to my room, take my daily benzos
14. contemplate whether drinking a beer while calming down is worth the 260 cals in it, usually I would give in and have just one, but the past week I cut out beer to see if I'd get off the plateau and start losing, and it worked, so now I'd say i decide against the beer
15. listen to music on spotify with headphones so i don't make noise, in the dark because dark is comforting, and I turn on my wax burner or light incense
16. how is it midnight already??
17. peruse the internet
18. how in tarnation is it almost 3am?
19. watch whatever on youtube or buy shit online, though obviously I don't shop online every night, eventually realise my body has been tense and physically anxious for hours and I need to pee urgently
20. either realise I'm too tense and in pain and need to stretch out lying down and eventually fall asleep OR like 2x a week I'll remember to take my before sleep meds
21. end up falling asleep at any point between 11pm-6am
22. bonus! trauma nightmares every night!

• Hugs
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore, Cherrypea and 1 other person
catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
I feel somewhat functional compared to everyone, hah. I get up around 8:30am, start work at 9. my job can be slow so I'll do chores or watch TV while I work. end at 5. make dinner. fuck around until 11pm, try to go to bed, then fall asleep around 2

• Love
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore, Toptock and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Work all day in the kitchen if my services are required, clean if they are not home, groom, hunt for interesting science news, talk to my friends irl or online, smoke a lot, and continuously wish AF dies today.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
These days I don't have a job due to corona virus. My sleep schedule is completely fucked. Sleep in the morning, wake up at night. Try to have a somewhat healthy but simple and cheap priced breakfast, and chug some water, just to get my body going and at least feel like I'm doing something good to my body somehow. Then its just 90% of the day (or night) spent on my laptop browsing YouTube or social media, or trying to learn how to make more money, and here and there browsing through my phone. Some days I'd push myself to plan out a more promising future, while some days I just dread and try to plan my CTB. Then here and there have nostalgia and miss the good old days when it were much happier and simpler times, but have learnt to try to ignore those thoughts, otherwise will just make me sad. Literally everyday I smoke weed, and sometimes drink beer to make myself sleep, otherwise I rely on sleeping pills. Sometimes I just walk in circles in my bedroom thinking about the point of life, or how stressful the future is, or sometimes I'd go to a park for a walk, while the city is asleep, smoke weed, and just think, and think, and think about life, the past, or the future. Similar routine everyday, just stressing and worrying about money and the future for the most part, while missing the past. A lot of the days, my first thought upon waking is thinking whats the point of it all. Same pointless routine on most days

Reactions: lymbo, Pineapplecrown and AvaAdore
ward0x

ward0x

Aug 22, 2020
so here's my day to day routine.. I was hesitant to write it out and see how bad it looks. yep. just what I thought. oh well.

1. wake up (7am-1pm range) and weigh immediately
2. black coffee, usually only one cup but I need more when I feel worse
3. take my "morning" aka whenever I wake up meds
4. think about drinking water but don't get around to doing it
5. panic and cope in unhealthy ways until 3pm
6. either shower and get dressed and fix my hair/brush my teeth/make myself smell ok OR I just consider brushing my teeth and even then putting it off for a couple hours
7. all of a sudden it's 7pm
8. I realise my intake for the day is roughly 5-10 cals and I haven't eaten at all
9. either take pride in that realization and use it as motivation to keep that number where it is OR I end up making ~280 cals for supper OR I deliberate for hours and then settle on 1 cup of frozen fruit
10. immediately start to feel overwhelmed - this is normally when I'd dissociate or become hyper vigilant and paranoid
11. remember I have a prescription for medical cannabis for a reason (the reason is mostly to help my appetite and comfort level eating) but remind myself I'm not obligated to eat just because weed might relax me
12. I go outside to smoke weed, finally fill up my water bottle because if my throat is at all dry while I smoke I'll need water, and that gets me drinking water for the day
13. I come inside, immediately go to my room, take my daily benzos
14. contemplate whether drinking a beer while calming down is worth the 260 cals in it, usually I would give in and have just one, but the past week I cut out beer to see if I'd get off the plateau and start losing, and it worked, so now I'd say i decide against the beer
15. listen to music on spotify with headphones so i don't make noise, in the dark because dark is comforting, and I turn on my wax burner or light incense
16. how is it midnight already??
17. peruse the internet
18. how in tarnation is it almost 3am?
19. watch whatever on youtube or buy shit online, though obviously I don't shop online every night, eventually realise my body has been tense and physically anxious for hours and I need to pee urgently
20. either realise I'm too tense and in pain and need to stretch out lying down and eventually fall asleep OR like 2x a week I'll remember to take my before sleep meds
21. end up falling asleep at any point between 11pm-6am
22. bonus! trauma nightmares every night!
Have you ever tried prazosin (minipress) for nightmares? Works amazing for me (when I take it).

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
-wake up at 8
-get out of bed at 9
-eat at 12
-play solitaire on my laptop (literally, while pretending to work on my thesis lol. I've gotten quite good at it) among other things
-shower at 5
-lounge around
-eat at 7
-browse the internet or draw or watch yt
-sleep at 12
-rinse and repeat

This isn't the cause of my wanting to die; this is the result. I've been "working" on my thesis for two years. This schedule has been working for about a year... a little before the pandemic starts being taken seriously in my country. Kinda sad tbh lol lucky I can still hang out every other week with my friends or parents.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, AvaAdore and Jellyfish42
Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
No job, kids or pet. Get up around 9, on phone, shower, eat by noon.
Later occasionally apply for a job but mostly on phone or short walk for food shopping.
Eat around 6 watch TV/ on phone.
Bed at 11, sleep usually.
Sometimes meet my sister or a friend.

Hate it but not having a job has changed everything am 55 previously never had anytime due to work, exercise, travelling, socializing

Reactions: Pineapplecrown and AvaAdore
Commandocoki

Commandocoki

Aug 23, 2020
Wake up every 15 mins just don't sleep well, may wake up to panic attack, hear rustling about the house (we have had a lot of break-ins &&some kid has been straight stalking me the past few weeks) walk around checking house and if doors are locked with sword and or bb lmao, not able to really fall fully asleep because my mom's 8 newborn puppies whelping box is in my room.
5/6am my mom's 6 dogs bark until I'm awake and I feed them take them out.
7am/8am may have 30ish mins to do some 3d modeling before my kid wakes and I have to start breakfast, second kid wakes up latest, take dogs out
9am-3pm (sometimes later, really depends on how the kids act and breaks like lunch) homeschooling
4pm cleaning, fixing food, planning out curriculum take dogs out
5pm-7pm if I have the energy I do acro yoga and hula hooping, feed dogs again take dogs out, might be able to do some gaming
8-9pm cleaning, laundry, dinner, take dogs out, attempt to sleep.

• Aww..
Reactions: AvaAdore
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
@ward0x that's actually exactly what I'm prescribed for sleep! it helps a little.

Reactions: ward0x
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
  1. wake up
  2. piss, brush teeth
  3. take meds
  4. go on phone
  5. take occasional piss break
  6. go on phone
  7. brush teeth, shower
  8. go back on phone
  9. piss one last time
  10. sleep
there's some variables, like maybe i'll decide i want to write or draw, or maybe my family wants to go out somewhere. otherwise, it's bland. actually, typing this out makes me realize why i'm so bored every day, but oh well.
I love how you threw in the piss breaks :))

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA and alexit
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
When I wake up/go to bed I typically lay there indulging in heroic fantasies; then I take a shower. When i go to work, since I quite literally do nothing for 8 hours, I'll listen to music or a podcast. This goes on until I go home, I'll usually get high and then go to bed.
I don't usually eat, if I do it's a small snack during my shift. A bunch of coffee though
Why is there nothing to do at work?
I had a job kind of like this, I was hired as a general office assistant and there didn't seem to be enough work to assist with full time. I would finish my tasks within 2 hours of a full work day usually.
I feel somewhat functional compared to everyone, hah. I get up around 8:30am, start work at 9. my job can be slow so I'll do chores or watch TV while I work. end at 5. make dinner. fuck around until 11pm, try to go to bed, then fall asleep around 2
Your job sounds ideal since you have time for TV and chores. What type of work do you have?

Last edited:
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
If I'm not two days at work, on the verge of an anxiety attack. I'm at home, staring at my computer and barely getting anything done at all.

• Aww..
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
Wake up every 15 mins just don't sleep well, may wake up to panic attack, hear rustling about the house (we have had a lot of break-ins &&some kid has been straight stalking me the past few weeks) walk around checking house and if doors are locked with sword and or bb lmao, not able to really fall fully asleep because my mom's 8 newborn puppies whelping box is in my room.
5/6am my mom's 6 dogs bark until I'm awake and I feed them take them out.
7am/8am may have 30ish mins to do some 3d modeling before my kid wakes and I have to start breakfast, second kid wakes up latest, take dogs out
9am-3pm (sometimes later, really depends on how the kids act and breaks like lunch) homeschooling
4pm cleaning, fixing food, planning out curriculum take dogs out
5pm-7pm if I have the energy I do acro yoga and hula hooping, feed dogs again take dogs out, might be able to do some gaming
8-9pm cleaning, laundry, dinner, take dogs out, attempt to sleep.
That sounds exhausting.

:pfff:
my routine:
Most days I get up around an hour before I have to start working. I will get my son dressed to be picked up for the day while I'm working. Throughout the work day try to manage my anxiety. After work have some dinner and spend time on my phone or read a book. I'll clean a bit, play with my son and then get him ready for bed. Once he's asleep more time on my phone or reading. I'll take a bath or shower. Sometimes I'll spend a little time with my partner before I fall asleep.

Last edited:
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Why is there nothing to do at work?

I'm an alarm monitoring operator, short version is there's nothing to do because for the most part corporate security is a literal joke, even to us. But we are required to be present. Also to prevent any misunderstandings, I have been looking for jobs, thus I'm allowed to moan ;)

AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
I'm an alarm monitoring operator, short version is there's nothing to do because for the most part corporate security is a literal joke, even to us. But we are required to be present. Also to prevent any misunderstandings, I have been looking for jobs, thus I'm allowed to moan ;)
What kind of work would you rather be doing?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Every day I wake up around noon, get my autistic sister changed and out of bed, and just fuck around playing games, browsing this site, or watching YouTube for the rest of the day. After that it's shower, sleep, repeat.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
What kind of work would you rather be doing?

the dying kind, honestly though? Nothing. I don't see myself in any role. One of the reasons I'm pretty ok with this