weonaestupida

May 13, 2019

• Love
Reactions: Pan, DiiDii, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Sounds like a no win situation either way.

Reactions: Cevapcici, puppy9 and WhyIsLife56
Rushon

Rushon

Dec 12, 2019
I flip between the two. When I am in a positive mood I try to bury the hurting/hopelessness down deep and cling to the possibility of things improving. Then at some point I get too tired to fight the darkness and I then I realize nothing is going to change. I do this roller coaster every day.

Reactions: luisamanequim, Escape Artist, blivogade and 7 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It's better to know you're hopeless so you do not unnecessarily prolong your misery.

Reactions: luisamanequim, Absurdity, Cevapcici and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm going thru both in my life situation and to me they are equally bad. The false hope keeps me chasing dreams that will never happen and the aspect of nothing going to change has me giving up.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
a few years ago i was living in denial, even if i knew how bad things were, there was always that hope that i could experience some joy in my life, maybe manage to accomplish something that made all of the pain worth living.

now i woke up of that dream and realized that nothing is going to change, and of course i feel worse than before, but at least now i know that this is not my fault and there are ways of truly escaping this hell, no more fake expectations that will inevitably let me down, no more dreaming for impossible things that weren't meant to be, now there is only reality and the hope that i can end it so i can suffer no more.

i'd say that it's worse to live in denial, even if knowing for a fact that nothing will ever change feels horrible, at least i'm no longer fooling myself into living a pointless life for nothing, now i can accept my mortality and make peace with it, in a way everything is clear now.

Reactions: Cevapcici and voyager
D

Dearmummy

Dec 11, 2019
Everlasting pain . Humans DNA keep reproducing itself . Ctrl + c and ctrl + v

Reactions: sserafim and Escape Artist
T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
I kinda wish I had some hope even if it was false hope. Being hopeless really sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Astral316, Cevapcici and weonaestupida
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
Hope. To know that hope is false, you need to have gone past the point where something could still have changed and that point is hard to estimate, unless you have a clear date or an outcome that is in the past and irreversible. Otherwise it is hope, possibly real, possibly false.
For me, hope is worse. If I knew that there was no hope, 100% certain, I could end it, and easily so. But because I don't, I linger on.

• Love
Reactions: Absurdity, Cevapcici, voyager and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Living without hope or a purpose is not living. That's not life. That is why I prefer to die.

• Love
Reactions: roju, Absurdity, Johanna94 and 3 others
MaybeMaybeKnot

MaybeMaybeKnot

No ctrl-z when you ctb
Oct 25, 2019
My challenge is feeling like my pain isn't as bad as others so I should be happy. I'm the king of invalidating my own feelings.

S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
The latter is worse for me; "ignorance is bliss", allegedly.

Reactions: Cevapcici
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
False hope, imho, as by the time you cling to it you're probably already damaged goods, thus vulnerable and the little of what you have left will be broken down further by the disappointment. Acceptance otoh provides a certain peace of mind, but it makes life essentially meaningless and you're stuck in a cycle from where there's only one means of escape.

But as long as we're alive there is indeed hope. My best bet is on aliens coming down and fixing us with their superior tech, so, hold fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
It depends on the situation quite frankly... both scenarios are dramatic. But I'd say you should never underestimate the power of delusion, this shit took me far in life ( not as far as I was delusional enough to think it would) but sometimes lying to yourself about the outcome of your efforts, and telling yourself that your suffering has a meaning can keep you going and thus positively affect your quality of life. I once had a friend tell me : " what do you think makes the majority of proletarians working like slaves for a miserable salary keep going ? It's the hope that one day their lives are gonna get better, otherwise half the population would have hanged themselves by now " ...
Part of being an adult is knowing to handle disappointment with dignity, and accepting your limited time on earth will be parasited by restrictions, and and overall lack of control of the bigger picture. If someone is stuck in their delusions, it usually means they need it to keep going, and they're just not ready for the process of grieving their unrealistic aspirations, it can be cringy from the outside but it's sometimes a necessary evil to achieve some sort of happiness and enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and voyager
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Both take turns rearing their ugly heads in my life and both are torture.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
R

Responsibleresident

The deep state intrusion/cruelty is murderous
Nov 15, 2019
It depends on the situation quite frankly... both scenarios are dramatic. But I'd say you should never underestimate the power of delusion, this shit took me far in life ( not as far as I was delusional enough to think it would) but sometimes lying to yourself about the outcome of your efforts, and telling yourself that your suffering has a meaning can keep you going and thus positively affect your quality of life. I once had a friend tell me : " what do you think makes the majority of proletarians working like slaves for a miserable salary keep going ? It's the hope that one day their lives are gonna get better, otherwise half the population would have hanged themselves by now " ...
Part of being an adult is knowing to handle disappointment with dignity, and accepting your limited time on earth will be parasited by restrictions, and and overall lack of control of the bigger picture. If someone is stuck in their delusions, it usually means they need it to keep going, and they're just not ready for the process of grieving their unrealistic aspirations, it can be cringy from the outside but it's sometimes a necessary evil to achieve some sort of happiness and enthusiasm.
Why are we suffering for a resort house we will never be allowed in unless we are being sexually and emotionally exploited in it? Painful reality is we are agriculture and chattel to thugs who hate us. Our women are pampered by these architects who seek to traffic them later. This design is a crime designed by criminals. I want to know a safe way to kill myself. These people dont care about us. They hate us and laugh at us while abusing us. Yet they are in power. We are powerless against these monsters.

Reactions: Cevapcici and lymestolemylife