turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i think the title is pretty self explanatory

but i personally believe that everything in life sort of has no value or meaning bcuz it is only due to us humans that everything is considered to "exist" i believe in the nothing n find it a bit comforting

Reactions: Homo erectus and Forever Sleep
howcanigo

howcanigo

another day without saying what i want to say?
Sep 9, 2023
i dont think there is any objective truths in regards to life. i think we design our own truths and believe what we're taught or what we perceive. which is why i've never really been religious once i got to an age where i could think about things critically. and if i'm wrong, i guess i'll find out lol
since we all choose our own value, we can also choose what doesn't have value. (that is if we choose lol) which is very comforting. i think there's a possibility this isn't real, but it's better to at least act like it is, even if it isn't. but i find a lot of comfort in believing it isn't sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That existence was nothing more than a meaningless and horrific mistake where existing beings are so cruelly and unnecessarily burdened with the ability to exist where they endure futile existences, destined for nothing but to decay and die anyway.

Existence is something that is devoid of meaning and value, it's just an endless cycle of suffering and cruelty, it's senseless, I believe that humans only question "what is the meaning of life" as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals and I think that many humans try to invent meanings as they find it difficult to accept that they are destined for nothing and nowhere.

Existence was just a tragic disturbance in what was otherwise the most ideal state of non-existence and to die means the return to that state, once we die we cease existing and all is forgotten about.

Reactions: Homo erectus
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Life has no meaning, purpose nor value. The only things that are real to me are pain and suffering especially extreme pain and suffering.

So I only want to avoid extreme pain and suffering especially continous extreme pain.

There are pain and suffering so bad they make everything else meaningless.

Reactions: cscott and Homo erectus
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I find it so irritating that something that probably has like a 1 in trillion chance of happening (life), also comes with a 99.999% chance of sucking.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Life is fundamentally meaningless but is neither good nor bad. It should be up to the individual to decide what they want to do with their lives.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think we live inside an onion-like structure, behind many layers of iron curtain, like North Korea. We really don't know what the truth is out there. We just live as told. Maybe there are more lands, countries, aliens hidden from us, nearby and far away. Some aliens are closely related to us. They can't conceal UFO much longer. That's why they're slowly releasing more information, managing expectation.

Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
I have a different opinion. Everything that happens has a meaning. Either it's beautiful and you love it, or it's painful and you learn from it.
Every living being, whether human, animal or plant, has a meaning.
A simple example: Plants are important for the nutrition of humans and animals. They also produce the oxygen that all other living things need. Without plants, people and animals on earth would not be able to survive for long. The continued existence of life is therefore directly dependent on plants.

Life is meaningless to you if you are stuck at a certain point because you are not where you wanted to be. The meaning of life has disappeared for you, but not the suffering and the experience of separation from the outside world. This existential emptiness is due to the inability to find joy and fulfillment in activities.

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Life is hardly something desirable. The only reason why life emerged is that it could, and the most direct reason why you suffer is that you exist and are able to suffer. Being inside a human body with no easy way out is never a good thing. There's too many things that can make you suffer. You have to fulfill your needs, solve your life problems and develop(as an individual as well as a civilization), because if you don't it's guaranteed that you'll suffer. I wouldn't call this freedom, or even anywhere near freedom. Moreover, this never ends since with existence continuing there'll always be new problems therefore new suffering. It's like a never ending battle where no one can ever win. It would be such a relief if life (and consciousness, and sentience) is really just a temporary thing and ends entirely after we die. This way at least there's an end. Seriously, I don't get why the majority of people think that life is something that's worth continuing.