N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe the answer of the question might give insight in your own idea of man. Whether you see humans as rather evil or good.
Maybe this question is too much of a generalization this is why I want to answer it nuanced.
My idea of the thread came as followed: The girl I had a crush on kind of embarrassed herself in college. I won't go into details but she was very compulsive, socially-awkward and wanted very desperately too present herself as an intelligent person (which backfired). Honestly after I experienced that I might regret it even more that I messed it up with her. I mean her behavior was pretty similar to mine. I also asked myself if this was a sign she might be mentally ill but I should speculate too much. I think it was rather a result of huge pressure and a stressful time in college.
She gave a presentation. It was pretty bad despite the fact she put a lot of energy in it.

I felt really bad for her. I tried to help her a little bit but I coud not do that much. During the presentation I looked in the faces of other people which feelings they might express. I could see it in the face of one girl pretty pretty obvious she had a really evil laugh.
One person seemed to be like ambivalent. Sometimes she kind of grinned but later she looked kind of worried. Honestly my former crush acted pretty pathological and I kind of worry about her well-being. I think many were a little bit confused. But I had to learn something. Most people care way less about me than my paranoid /psychotic brain tells me. Maybe most people were indifferent. I am not sure.

Yeah maybe you have to answer this question with nuance. Do the people know each other or are they strangers? I mostly think of strangers when I ask that question. I also think it is a difference whether the person who reacts is anonymous. Many people on the internet show their true face only in anonymity. Like for example in the comment sections on gore platforms.

Another example is: How do people react when the train is late due to the fact someone jumped in front of it? Do the people have empathy for a stranger who was this desperate and they will be later at home after a very stressful day at work?

I am not sure how to answer it. I think most people are indifferent. But there are also exceptions. There are people who really try to act morally. But there are also people quite the opposite of it.

Last edited:
Z

Zerengin96

Student
Jun 14, 2022
Probably indifference if it is a person you dont know. I mean how many times do you walk past a homeless guy sitting on the street, maybe missing a leg or something. Do you think about guys like this and their history with much empathy? Nah we all just walk past and go on with our lives, thats probably how most people feel about others suffering
Maybe the answer of the question might give insight in your own idea of man. Whether you see humans as rather evil or good.
Maybe this question is too much of a generalization this is why I want to answer it nuanced.
My idea of the thread came as followed: The girl I had a crush on kind of embarrassed herself in college. I won't go into details but she was very compulsive, socially-awkward and wanted very desperately too present herself as an intelligent person (which backfired). Honestly after I experienced that I might regret it even more that I messed it up with her. I mean her behavior was pretty similar to mine. I also asked myself if this was a sign she might be mentally ill but I should speculate too much. I think it was rather a result of huge pressure and a stressful time in college.
She gave a presentation. It was pretty bad despite the fact she put a lot of energy in it.

I felt really bad for her. I tried to help her a little bit but I coud not do that much. During the presentation I looked in the faces of other people which feelings they might express. I could see it in the face of one girl pretty pretty obvious she had a really evil laugh.
One person seemed to be like ambivalent. Sometimes she kind of grinned but later she looked kind of worried. Honestly my former crush acted pretty pathological and I kind of worry about her well-being. I think many were a little bit confused. But I had to learn something. Most people care way less about me than my paranoid /psychotic brain tells me. Maybe most people were indifferent. I am not sure.

Yeah maybe you have to answer this question wwith nuance. Do the people know each other or are they strangers? I mostly think of strangers when I ask that question. I also think it is a difference whether the peerson who reacts it anonymous. Many people on the internet show their true face only in anonymity. Like for example in the comment sections on gore platforms.

Another example is: How do people react when the train is late due to the fact someone jumped in front of it? Do the people have empathy for a stranger who was this desperate and they will be later at home after a very stressful day at work.

I am not sure how to answer it. I think most people are indifferent. But there are also exceptions. There are people who really try to act morally. But there are also people quite the opposite of it.
Oh and just recently some family father had a heart attack while sitting a couple seats away from me in the train. The train stopped and the conductor asked via speaker if someone with medical knowledge could help the person. Everyone around me was annoyed that the train stopped and i heard a young woman saying to her boyfriend sarcastically "fuck we going to be late because of that idiot".

Last edited: