Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Nobody knows the true meaning of life. You asked because you don't know.

I certainly don't know. Everyone else who answered this question or who could possibly answer has or could have their own very good theories but they don't really know either. We don't know because living people don't get to know the true meaning of life. We don't even know if we'll ever get to know it.

That means you can't ask anyone and find out for sure. No other person, no QA site, no expert. Absolutely no one can answer this question definitively for you with anything other than their theories, beliefs, or opinions.

Which is great.

This just means your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Only you can make your life meaningful. Only you can decide what to believe. Only you can know what is right for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Resinn66, fxndi, Gonnerr and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just don't believe there is any, humans ask this question as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike other animals, I believe many ask this as they find it difficult to accept how meaningless and futile existence truly is.

All that existing beings are doing is waiting to die where eventually all they know will be forgotten about, we simply exist because other people so cruelly burdened us with the ability to. But to me the only comfort is how this meaningless existence just leads to nothing, I only see eternal nothingness as desirable.

Reactions: Freaknik, Sylveon and Darkover
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
That's the cosmic joke unfortunately. No one knows or will know, that's kind of the deal. I've seen people that have been able to take it in stride, but I've never been able to pull that off. To me it does bring a little comfort as it reallt doesn't matter that I'm going to ctb and in the end it won't matter to anyone else. Where ever all of the other dead people go, I'll be there too. Hopefully, it'll be better than here. For me anywhere would be really.

Reactions: Darkover
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

I am the monster you created
Jun 23, 2023
The meaning of life is simply to be alive, there's literally nothing more to it. Do you think a mosquito has a meaning in their life? Of course not, but because you are self-conscious and aware of your existence, you begin to try to question the nature of it. Life as a concept was created due to evolution. It takes the molecules of stars and creates itself, something like a malignant cancer of our universe. Life has no higher value reason to exist, it just does. Just like humans.

Reactions: SpiritualDeath and Darkover
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
There is no meaning to "life" per se . It's pointless . It just so happens out of randomness or dumb luck we exist . The purpose of our existence or "life" in the natural sense since nature produces chemicals in our brain and urges us to procreate is simply to ensure the survival of the species.
It makes no difference whether you are alive or some guy in Timbuktu. As long as there are humans to carry on the genes and ensure our species continue to "survive", that is all that matters. There could be 10 billion people on this earth or one male one female , it doesn't matter.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I don't think that anybody else has figured it out or knows it either as I think for all the ideas and religious systems that we have made over the course of human history It's simply something we can't verify in any complete way. I can appreciate the equality in that and don't really think there's one anyway and if there was it certainly does not excuse all the horrible and deplorable shit that's been happening down here since day one and I personally believe that nobody should be held accountable for not figuring it out in the end because of how complicated everything is and how limited our time is down here anyway.

L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
I just don't believe there is any, humans ask this question as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike other animals, I believe many ask this as they find it difficult to accept how meaningless and futile existence truly is.

All that existing beings are doing is waiting to die where eventually all they know will be forgotten about, we simply exist because other people so cruelly burdened us with the ability to. But to me the only comfort is how this meaningless existence just leads to nothing, I only see eternal nothingness as desirable.
Eternal nothingness or non existence is our normalized or natural state. Think of how long we have non existed vs existed (ie the average life of a human being is 70-80 years ).

In fact you can go as far as calling our existence/ life as unnatural.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
There isn't one, as far as I can discern.

I know, so profound.

It's clear the universe by its very nature is not a very....hospitable place to creatures that can contemplate that question in the first place. The ability to do over arose as a concatenation of happy accidents after all.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Nobody knows what the true meaning of life is, you wrote that yourself, so what is the point of asking what the true meaning of life is?

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
We might never know because we are just another species that will go extinct.

That's frustrating.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
There is no inherent meaning to life but there could be an existentialist oriented meaning, but said meaning doesn't apply for the general public, only the specific people who decide to pursue whatever they decided on pursuing. In general, only thing that should "matter" in this world is yourself since everything around you is limited to your own consciousness. Without your consciousness, everything is gone.