• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

squarecircles

Nov 1, 2020
I'm planning on buying and using a gun. Due to my state laws I can only buy a shotgun. I'm a 23 year old young woman who's never held a gun in her life, much less been in a gun store. Is there any chance of them suspecting what I'm going to do with it?

I'm planning on going to as big of a store as possible because I think they'll be paying less attention/care less. There's one near me that does online orders so I can just order it online then pick it up in store, that way I won't have to like walk in and pick out a gun, which seems harder. If they ask why I'm buying it I'll say like 'home security' and maybe something vague about my apartment and like 'wanting to feel safe' but I'll mostly try to avoid discussion.

I have no idea how this is going to go. I know there'll be a background check, I've never been hospitalized for mental health and have no criminal record, so good there. I know there's no license required for a shotgun in my state. Is there anything I'm missing? Are they gonna ask me if I have a gun safe or something? Or quiz me on how to use it?

I would love to hear experiences from anyone who's bought a gun. (Particularly in the upstate new york area.) Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
A full sized rifle sounds like it would be hard to handle. I have no experience with this but how are you supposed to pull the trigger? The only way I can think of is barrel in the mouth and toes to pull the trigger. Man that sounds sketchy.

Not stockpiling on firearms when I still had the chance is a huge mistake of mine. It is always better to have something and not need it than needing something but being unable to get it.

Is there a way to go to a firing range and rent a gun? Just to familiarize yourself. Maybe they can even teach you the basics before you buy. This would be way better than trying to figure it out on the day you want to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
Upvote 0
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
If you never held a gun in you life, then you are definitely missing gun training. Guns are mean machines, and you do not want to end up in hospital because something went wrong, unless you love reconstructive surgery and hate money.

Buying a shotgun for self defense in USA should be a walk in the park. They want to sell the stuff, and you have the money. If they had no problem selling guns to mass shooters, why should they care about young lady concerned about her safety.

As far as real life experience goes, I find these videos both useful and entertaining:

Last edited:
Reactions: squarecircles and poisonedminds
Upvote 0
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I'm planning on buying and using a gun. Due to my state laws I can only buy a shotgun. I'm a 23 year old young woman who's never held a gun in her life, much less been in a gun store. Is there any chance of them suspecting what I'm going to do with it?

I'm planning on going to as big of a store as possible because I think they'll be paying less attention/care less. There's one near me that does online orders so I can just order it online then pick it up in store, that way I won't have to like walk in and pick out a gun, which seems harder. If they ask why I'm buying it I'll say like 'home security' and maybe something vague about my apartment and like 'wanting to feel safe' but I'll mostly try to avoid discussion.

I have no idea how this is going to go. I know there'll be a background check, I've never been hospitalized for mental health and have no criminal record, so good there. I know there's no license required for a shotgun in my state. Is there anything I'm missing? Are they gonna ask me if I have a gun safe or something? Or quiz me on how to use it?

I would love to hear experiences from anyone who's bought a gun. (Particularly in the upstate new york area.) Thank you.
Ha wow, what a coincidence; I am also in the upstate NY area.

I do think you could buy a shotgun without a license from a store like Walmart (I've heard?). I'm considering getting one as well and I will likely tell them it is for my own protection and that I plan to get lessons in training. I think a handgun would be ideal but need to make sure it's a high enough caliber.

Reactions: squarecircles
Upvote 0
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Ha wow, what a coincidence; I am also in the upstate NY area.

I do think you could buy a shotgun without a license from a store like Walmart (I've heard?). I'm considering getting one as well and I will likely tell them it is for my own protection and that I plan to get lessons in training. I think a handgun would be ideal but need to make sure it's a high enough caliber.

I did some research into firearms before I got institutionalized and unable to pass background checks. If you are considering a handgun, you want a high velocity projectile like a .357 magnum or above. I would not trust something like a .22 or 9mm. You want to place the barrel in your mouth tilted up at an angle to hit your brain stem. Going over anatomy charts to conceptualize where the brain stem is located is a good idea.

A buckshot is probably the most lethal method but handling a full size rifle would be awkward. Getting familiar with firearms prior to ctb is highly recommended. I know that firing ranges rent out guns and many shops the workers can teach you the basics. You do not want to figure this stuff out on your own on the day you ctb. That is how botched attempts occur.

Reactions: ExRN and Samsara
Upvote 1
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Also keep in mind the 2-week waiting period. Firearm applications in NY also require references; any ideas on how to frame the application to relatives? lol

Upvote 0