That's Not Me

That's Not Me

A cork on the ocean floating over the raging sea
Sep 14, 2022
Our existence is a fragile bundle between the two eternities of nothingness that comes before and after. Think about a timeline. Before you were born, there was an infinity of non-existence, and after you die too. Existing is a brief exception to the rule, which says that only emptiness, the abyss and nothing else exists. If someone is willing to let the randomness of chance end existence, as is my case since I decided to give life another chance, shouldn't we try to leave something good for others, or in a less optimistic hypothesis, at least to be neutral? What is the purpose in hurting someone? How can people hurt others and not care about it? When I hurt someone I feel pain that is proportional to what I have caused, but why do people simply not care when they are a cause of pain to others? What is the purpose of all this? I think that people who live without one day even thinking about the purpose of their actions are doomed to have a good life, since the world is an unfair place and they will avoid all the frustration with the lack of meaning that we here suffer, but in the end they are just as miserable. The difference is that they don't feel guilt.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and SexyIncél
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Because most people care for non other than themselves.

Unfortunately

• Informative
Reactions: That's Not Me and SexyIncél
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i will never understand how people can not care enough to willingly cause pain and still feel good about themselves. i get that some people have disorders that cause them to not feel empathy etc. but theres just so much pain in the world surely not everyone has some kind of disorder? are the majority of people just oblivious? its upsetting.

Reactions: That's Not Me
That's Not Me

That's Not Me

A cork on the ocean floating over the raging sea
Sep 14, 2022
i will never understand how people can not care enough to willingly cause pain and still feel good about themselves. i get that some people have disorders that cause them to not feel empathy etc. but theres just so much pain in the world surely not everyone has some kind of disorder? are the majority of people just oblivious? its upsetting.
They don't think and they don't care. It's sad and depressing