Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
What would be the one reason that would keep you from ctb?

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
I still have stories to write. If that's off the table someday, it's a matter of time.

Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
things i might miss out on. i'll never end up having a good friend. i'll never end up travelling to another country. i'll never end up getting a good job. i'll never end up being loved. i'll never end up watching the canadiens win the stanley cup. the thing is there's no assurance that any of this will ever happen. the only thing keeping me here is an indomitable hope. that's probably the strongest element of me left

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, psp3000 and jar-baby
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I have some shit I still need to do before I go. I don't want to go out feeling "I was never able to do X…" or anything like that. I want to feel as if there is nothing left that I want to do.
It helps that I'm a simple person, I don't have anything too grandiose like climbing this place or travelling to that place or getting some world record or anything like that.

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I know the multitude of fun disctractions and pleasures available or created for us out there.
Anything anyone misses, misses it because they've been exposed to it and get a feeling of deprivation (of not trying/achieving thoses things) as a result.
You won't miss or feel like you're missing out on experiences which you don't know exists.
I've reached a point where I am completely detached from any sense of deprivation.
I won't regret anything once I am dead, only living beings exposed to our modern culture can have that sentiment that's lack or want.
Do you thing a feral human would feel bad about themselves for not becoming a famous writer, making money or being seen as a good person?

The point I'm trying to make isn't that you should die immediately because nothing is real and to stop whining about those cultural delusions.
I recognize that there is no such thing as desires when they go beyond our biological needs.
You know, the simple fact that I have to suffer from being aware of those things is a good enough reason to go CTB today.

But as of right now (to finally give an answer), the only reason I am not dead is that I wonder how some people like me can manage not to choose CTB...
It gives me some utopian hopes that maybe I can somehow find contentment at the periphery of civilization and culture.
Another reason is that I enjoy debating with you guys.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, LoiteringClouds and bedhead_baby
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm only still trapped here as suicide is purposely made so difficult and inaccessible in this world, that's what has always kept me from permanently being free from everything. The problem is how the more reliable and peaceful methods end up being cruelly restricted and with methods like hanging I would fear it failing just leading to way more suffering. Sadly in this cruel world there is a lack of compassion towards those who wish to die.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I've spent my entire life being "normal" even during hard times I managed to chase my dreams and found myself in a very stable situation. I can't imagine truly what more I could want in life.

My will to CTB is deep rooted at this point. I was born in the wrong body, I was molested and raped, I was sexually assaulted and groomed as a teenager. I am merrily a fetish and sex object to those around me despite my efforts to change that.

I don't think anything will change my views on my trauma or how others will view me.

The only solution now is to CTB.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd need to find a well paid, stable creative job I could do from home. Not get ill. Not get old and frail. Have enough money for an ok retirement. Beyond that- work on myself to be happier but those initial things are the core and- oh wait a minute- i just saw a pig fly past my window!!

If I can only choose one though- a gennie in a bottle- so long as 'he' comes out and starts granting wishes. Even then though- with ALL of the above- I'm just not so sure I can be arsed anymore! How about you?

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I'd need to find a well paid, stable creative job I could do from home. Not get ill. Not get old and frail. Have enough money for an ok retirement. Beyond that- work on myself to be happier but those initial things are the core and- oh wait a minute- i just saw a pig fly past my window!!

If I can only choose one though- a gennie in a bottle- so long as 'he' comes out and starts granting wishes. Even then though- with ALL of the above- I'm just not so sure I can be arsed anymore! How about you?
I think the same pig that flew by your window flew by mine too LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
The only thing that keeps me from CTB is a friend from my new band. We have a lot in common, for example we both are weird, we both cuts ourself, and our only hope is succeeding in music. If something goes wrong, I will definitely do CTB, I even have everything planned.

I used to be afraid of hell and didn't want to leave my family behind but now it honestly doesn't really matters to me.

Last edited: