R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023
I see all this info on what is the most painless, easiest, cheapest, for the person going, but what about what method is most respectful to the living? By this I mean what would be least traumatic and painful for them?

If I CTB in a place where people can find my remains, it is traumatic for them to see a corpse, especially if it's someone I know. Even if it's not someone I know, it's still traumatic for the stranger who finds me. However, it will give closure to my loved ones to the fact that I am gone.

If I do it in a way where nobody can find my body, it will leave my family wondering whether or not I'm gone, and will probably open a prolonged police investigation which I'm sure will be painful for them, wondering if I'm actually gone or not. However, at least no one will have to see my corpse.

Any insight will be helpful, thank you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ☆AwaitingEntropy☆, Adûnâi, DeadHead and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
assisted suicide

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, DeadHead, Glandular and 3 others
Upvote 1
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Delayed message to someone with your corpse's location so they can call the police. Family will want to see the body to say their last goodbyes (even if you'll be dead and won't hear it) and bury you, so going missing isn't respectful because of choosing to deliberately not give closure

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, DeadHead, schopfkuss and 3 others
Upvote 0
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Frankly, there's none. Not to sound flippant or anything but you'd have better luck with recovery rather than convincing those who dont believe in CTB otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and FluffyCat
Upvote 0
whotookmylexapro

whotookmylexapro

Jan 19, 2024
Frankly, there's none. Not to sound flippant or anything but you'd have better luck with recovery rather than convincing those who dont believe in CTB otherwise.
I agree sort of. Your life has already been disrespected for its entirety so why bother focusing on the respect? I would personally say assisted suicide but obviously thats not available for everyone.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi, Skathon, courtingthereaper and 2 others
Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Dead body can not be hidden, eventually some one is going to find you. If you prefer for strengers to find you than family, you could do it in a hotel/motel room. You can also do it outdoors where you won't be discovered for some time.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and HemlockWizard
Upvote 0
PoorYorick

PoorYorick

Jan 4, 2024
As I read in Final Exit, one of the best methods is freezing to death. Mountains seem perfect. And a delayed message, so they find you in a good shape. Before you CTB, read the book (finalexit org), maybe it inspires you for something else :)

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, CherrySprite, returntothevoid and 1 other person
Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Let's not mess about here and call it as it is.

Someone will have to sort your corpse, no matter how trained we think people are, it's still not nice.

I think any method which doesn't make a mess is a better one. Some which will leave a worse corpse will be jumping, anything involving water, cutting, poisoning if they leave you blue and bloated out etc..

I doubt there is anything that leaves a perfect body.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, DeadHead, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and 2 others
Upvote 0
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
That was my doubt so far but right now im planning to leave my corpse outdoor (in looking for closed forests types of place whith hard acess). I dont want my parents and friends to see my body i think thats the best for all. Of couse i'll leave a detailed video message explaining to them and telling not to look for my body

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Upvote 0
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Charcoal method, it turns your skin rosy, but you need to fast for a bit. Else you might wet yourself after losing consiousness.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Shunya
Upvote 0
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Maybe dying with nembutal in bed. It would look as if the person passed away while sleeping before being investigated.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and DeadHead
Upvote 0
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
I weirdly have a personal experience reply for this one. My mom took a bullet to the brain in her bed. She used a .22 I think which is known to not make an exit wound and instead ping-pongs around in the skull and before she did it she wrapped herself in a plastic tarp (like the thick clear kind used when painting rooms to protect floors and stuff) then wrapped herself in a comforter. They removed her from the room in the comforter still in her tarp and there was not a single drop of blood to clean up. She was severely OCD and would be so proud of how little mess she left.

Reactions: Caerula, DeadHead, PoorYorick and 2 others
Upvote 1
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
What does dying by inert gas look like, I wonder. I don't want to traumatize my family.

Upvote 0
R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023
I weirdly have a personal experience reply for this one. My mom took a bullet to the brain in her bed. She used a .22 I think which is known to not make an exit wound and instead ping-pongs around in the skull and before she did it she wrapped herself in a plastic tarp (like the thick clear kind used when painting rooms to protect floors and stuff) then wrapped herself in a comforter. They removed her from the room in the comforter still in her tarp and there was not a single drop of blood to clean up. She was severely OCD and would be so proud of how little mess she left.
So would you say her method was…. Less traumatizing for you? As opposed to something else?

Upvote 0
S

SassyGirl52

Jan 22, 2024
I'm hoping to make mine not look like I CTB. I want them to think I passed of natural causes. I don't want to hurt my kids or my husband. I know it will hurt but I don't want them to know I did it on purpose.

Upvote 0
S

SillyGuy

Jan 22, 2024
I see all this info on what is the most painless, easiest, cheapest, for the person going, but what about what method is most respectful to the living? By this I mean what would be least traumatic and painful for them?

If I CTB in a place where people can find my remains, it is traumatic for them to see a corpse, especially if it's someone I know. Even if it's not someone I know, it's still traumatic for the stranger who finds me. However, it will give closure to my loved ones to the fact that I am gone.

If I do it in a way where nobody can find my body, it will leave my family wondering whether or not I'm gone, and will probably open a prolonged police investigation which I'm sure will be painful for them, wondering if I'm actually gone or not. However, at least no one will have to see my corpse.

Any insight will be helpful, thank you.
In any way that your family won't find you. Maybe just like a "hey so I am dead. My body is at _____. I have sent this text 24 hours ago. I'm already dead. Call the cops to get my body. I don't want you to see it"

Reactions: worthIess
Upvote 0
R

returntothevoid

Student
Jul 20, 2023
In any way that your family won't find you. Maybe just like a "hey so I am dead. My body is at _____. I have sent this text 24 hours ago. I'm already dead. Call the cops to get my body. I don't want you to see it"
What about some kind of delayed message to the cops? Is there a way to do that? I'm surprised I didn't think of that.

Upvote 0