_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I deal with both myself and i would like to understand the mechanism behind it.
Like with ptsd where people experience the traumatic event over and over.
Or with things like chronic fatigue syndrome, there is also the new 'long covid syndrome' which sounds very similar to me. Its like the body is stuck or thinks its still in that moment of trauma.

Has anyone some thoughts on this? I find this topic very interesting, im not sure if science came up with an explanation about this yet though.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Meat, GoldLeafIndigo and 5 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
This is neurology way over my head, but PTSD could be explained as the brain being dysfunctional when making pathways for certain stimuli. Due to some intensity of whatever happened, the brain will trigger fight or flight over some benign thing over and over. The mechanism meant to keep us alive ends up causing a decreased quality of life because it keeps giving a false positive. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know anything about long covid or the other physical ailments or how that works.

Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“, Pluto, lostundead and 1 other person
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I don't know anything about PTSD.-- As for CFS and long covid, it's very likely that these two share the same pathomechanism, the symptomology is all too similar, though there hasn't been much research yet so I can't tell you what that pathomechanism is. All we know is that viral and bacterial infections can mess up your body big time, which is unfortanetly poorly acknolwedged by modern medicine, not in small part for political reasons (e.g insurance lobbying trying to make this illness look psychogenic to save money). Also, I firmly believe there is a strong genetic component to developing these sort of illnesses.

Reactions: _Minsk
DBCooper

DBCooper

Dec 26, 2021
I deal with both myself and i would like to understand the mechanism behind it.
Like with ptsd where people experience the traumatic event over and over.
Or with things like chronic fatigue syndrome, there is also the new 'long covid syndrome' which sounds very similar to me. Its like the body is stuck or thinks its still in that moment of trauma.

Has anyone some thoughts on this? I find this topic very interesting, im not sure if science came up with an explanation about this yet though.
Having been transformed thru my understanding of "PTSD", I have my own experience to share. There are so many varieties of symptoms that simply calling "PTSD" is too simple. There are traumas resulting from one major and significant event that causes massive damage to the soul and the value system - a plane crash, an assult, a shooting, - a Singular Significant Event (SSE). There are also traumas resulting from repeated exposure to long term stress coupled with multiple SSE. Although the timeframe and scope of the exposure may be vastly different from person to person, the singular connecting factor is a massive shock to the soul - that inner compendium of values and beliefs that gets rocked back off the shelf and tossed down the stair. I equate this in a way to the impact of say hypothermia or frost bite. No matter the length of time the "freeze" will always make the person vulnerbale to cold. Likewise, exposure or actions associated with the SSE will cause a reaction and activate the symptoms of ones "Soul Wound". For me, this increased sensitivity has been leveraged into a committment and perserverance related to those "triggers" that has enhanced my life after years of despair and despondancy. The challenge is to understand how this sensitivity changes - because it always does as I learn the helpful response to an event. I hope this helps a bit for a very complicated medical condition.

Reactions: _Minsk and GoldLeafIndigo
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I do believe our traumas can contribute to disease. Emotional stress is a horrific consequence on our health. Our body is not designed for it. Physical stress all day every day, sure... But emotional agony is confusing to our homeostasis.

Yes we all have our different trauma, but it needs to be said, covid situation stress is not trauma. Being held down hy people do things to you you don't want to happen and hurt and damage you IS TRAUMA having someone who feels like a brother have his limbs blown off and bone fragments of his get stuck in your flesh and you end up with sepsis I'D TRAUMA. Of course this is a controversial point of view within a snowglake generation but I'm tired of it.

C

cation

Apr 18, 2022
They are self-inflammatory diseases with immunizing deregulation unleashed by viruses where neuroinflammation in the brain exists. What causes inflammation? It is not known. They can be viral remains, immune cells, proteins, antibodies etc that stay in the blood vessels ...

Reactions: Foresight