SN: How peaceful is it?

• I'm convinced it's very peaceful and nothing to fear.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I'm mostly convinced it's peaceful but not completely.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I am not sure, the reports seem to be both peaceful for many but not peaceful for others.

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • The reports of pain and/or breathing difficulties make me not want to take it. Too risky.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I have decided on some other method and have no opinion.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't know and/or don't care about this question.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How do you feel about sodium nitrite as far as peacefulness goes? Specifically, there have been some reports of it making it hard to breathe.

There have been reports from those watching those who took it of loud breathing, or of asthma like symptoms where people were gasping for air.

How do you feel about this?

goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Mixed bag as far as how peaceful it is. But seems fairly effective?

Reactions: Meditation guide
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
if you do it right and follow Stan's guide, you pass out before it gets too uncomfortable. I have seen it first-hand. if you mess around with it too much, don't take the right stuff etc, you can get all these varying reports and that's where people get the idea that it's not peaceful.

that said, it's not entirely discomfort-free.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, demuic and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I've seen for example moonicide having discomfort even though she followed Stan's guide. And I've seen two or three others where people found it hard to breathe but they took only a small amount.
Then there was letz who was sort of gasping and breathing very loudly, they said loud enough to be heard in the next apartment. He followed the guide and took two glasses of it although he may have not been conscious when he was breathing loudly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viro_Major
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
It's honestly hard to say. Most likely varies per person. I have seen reports of people taking just SN and being able to become unconscious without anything else, as well with no discomfort at all. All I know is that in the end, it will kill. Does the breathing problem worry you, OP?

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
It seems to be pretty mixed

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
As someone with severe asthma it is terrifying to not be able to get air in.

I had ruled out SN for the same reason. The sensation of searching for air is not a way I would like to go.
My asthma used to be strong (respiratory capacity at 60% at worse, outside of crisis) but I have it under control without discomfort now after anti-inflammatory supplements, weight loss, better hygiene.

Last edited:
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Meditation guide
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not worried about it. I believe unless something goes really wrong, you won't be conscious enough to realize you have breathing trouble if that happens.

I've been thinking about the people who appear to have respiratory distress. One thing to keep in mind is we mostly have no idea how those people breathe normally when sleeping or passed out. It could be like snoring. Sounds really bothersome to observers, but you don't notice it much yourself.

I have sleep apnea. My last sleep study had me logged as having up to 90 breathing obstructions per minute. That's beyond excessive. But it's apparently standard for me, and I'm not aware of it 99% of the time. My only real indicator is I'm always so exhausted. Anyway, I guarantee anyone witnessing that would freak out, thinking I was really suffering and not able to breathe when I'm really oblivious. And that's just sleeping. So while unconscious from SN, I'm betting it looks and sounds a lot worse than it is for the person. Even moaning, it doesn't mean you are aware of the feelings. It's just the body's responses.

I'm also basing this on survivors reporting not feeling too distressed and having little memory of it. And willingness to try SN again.

Reactions: RUPA, StuFin and Meditation guide
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't think SN is peaceful, but I don't think it's unbearable either. If I take it, I expect to endure some degree of discomfort during the process. This is death we're talking about, after all. I don't expect the body to go down quietly without a fight after ingesting poison.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, OopsIdidntwanttodie and Meditation guide
U

umbrellaphone

Nov 24, 2020
I'm honestly more scared of intense stomach pain than breathing difficulty.

Reactions: OopsIdidntwanttodie and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm honestly more scared of intense stomach pain than breathing difficulty.
I am too as someone who has had unbearable stomach pain. People don't realize how bad that can be. At least two people since I've been here have gone to the hospital because of that. They couldn't stand it. One person also went because of an unbearable headache.

It is possible to have an ulcer and not know it, so that probably accounts for the pain. Also this is an intense amount of acid created in the stomach, more than usual. As someone with GERD that is hard to imagine if it comes up into the trachea.

Last edited:
Reactions: umbrellaphone
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Due to the reaction, a body attempting to get more air is not surprising. One should take care to go unconcious prior to the breathing issues. As someone who takes sedatives I can't really imagine drinking SN without first taking a dosage to ensure I fall asleep beforehand.