Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I have been playing Max Payne 3 recently and I realised that he is one of the most depressed characters in video games. Society fucked him over and he lost his family. Now mines wasn't murdered and I am not a vigilante or anything but I felt his pain throughout. Same with the original Max Payne game.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, UseItOrLoseIt, motyxia and 4 others
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
I have been playing Max Payne 3 recently
Thats the only Max Payne game I've played, & that was years ago on my ps3. Although I don't remember the story, or the characters that well, I remember enjoying the gameplay. Fun game!

I've been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses recently, & the character I relate with the most is Marianne. My personality is pretty much hers, & someday I'll disappear, just like her.
B0290623 B0EA 4B14 93D5 B0947C3D3790

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, motyxia, Ame and 2 others
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
This is an interesting question I hadn't considered before. One that sprang to mind for me would be Arthur Morgan from RDR2. He's a good man who does bad things but he still always wants to do the right thing despite that. He's also living in a world that is fast moving past him and he and his lifestyle are becoming obsolete. Not a one to one to my life but I can relate a lot to those feelings. I'd have to think on it more to come up with a better answer as I've never really thought about it before.

• Hugs
Reactions: stevieu, UseItOrLoseIt, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Hangman

His predicament is due to no fault of his own, for he was created solely for the amusement of unintelligent forces beyond his control. He enters life a condemned man, his personal gibbet having already been erected before he entered the world, and his sentence is carried out while he is still being born.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Green Destiny, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 8 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Fuminori Sakisaka is a completely normal human being whose life was turned into a living hell. After waking up in the hospital from a car accident and experimental operation that saved his life, he was left in a state of severe and exaggerated Agnosia where he perceives the world as a hellish landscape of gore, flesh, and pestilence. Even his close friends look like horrible monsters to him, but the only person that looks normal and beautiful to him is a mysterious girl he meets during his recovery in the hospital named Saya.
Fuminori perceiving the world as a twisted mirror of Earth, covered in blood and gore and people as horrific monsters shaped like amorphous, tentacled blobs of flesh, eyes, and mouths.
Images

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MeltedJello, Rogue Proxy, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
M

Molded foundation

Student
Sep 17, 2021
Sly Cooper. I have a deep loyalty and trust for my friends.
I relate to no game character. All of these guys look stupid & unrealistic:

I do not wish to insult you with "mocking pixels that fool brains into thinking that someone cares", so I shall attempt to inform you I was amused by this utilizing words (even though "human communication is fundamentally flawed and beyond salvation") :muah:
MOOOOOOM!!! They're posting weird stuff on SaSu again!!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Green Destiny and motel rooms
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
never played it, but still - assassin's creed black flag. The trailers are so accurate.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I can relate to Testament from Guilty Gear because he also hates humans and sees them as cruel and selfish.

Ggx2 testament 02

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Rogue Proxy, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
A game that I will always cherish is Final Fantasy X. I still remember it - along with its stunning soundtrack and story - fondly. It brought me some comfort and contentment during an otherwise abusive and unbearable childhood.

One of the antagonists was a tortured, traumatised soul named Seymour Guado. He was half-human, half-Guado and despised and ostracised as a result - treated like an abomination, a monster - all for characteristics he could not control.

As a mere boy, his own father exiled him to a remote island with his terminally ill mother. His mother, aware of her imminent death, became an aeon - a mangled mutant named Anima and by far the most chilling creature in the game, as a visual representation of death and deep despair. She hoped her sacrifice could be utilised by Seymour to sway public opinion, by using her aeon to defeat a formidable beast known as Sin, which wreaked havoc in their world and claimed many lives.

The trauma of exile, his mothers' demise and the twisted transformation she underwent overwhelmed the young Seymour. He refused to summon his mother to combat Sin and instead spent the remaining eight years of his childhood mourning alone on a deserted island, starved of any contact with others and left to fend for himself, while contending with the grief of losing the only one he loved. The only one who loved him in return.

As an adult, Seymour's exile was finally revoked and he was welcomed home with open arms, then forced to follow in his father's footsteps as a priest - a man he resented and a religion he did not believe in.

A lot of backstory and context is sadly skimmed over in the game, but the impression I had is that Seymour was brought home and expected to carry on as though the years of anguish, abuse and abandonment were nothing. There was no apology, no acknowledgment of the depth of his trauma and no understanding towards the devastation this inflicted. Just be a dutiful son and do as you're told.

His decision to murder his father is depicted as a shocking plot point - a heinous and unforgivable act - but I was never surprised. Even in his father's final words, he recognised his failure to protect his son, yet his rhetoric still reeked of entitlement, a lack of understanding and minimal regret: "His mind is closed even to me...I can feel flames of darkness burning in his heart."

Yes, because you abandoned your son. You exiled him to a dangerous, deserted island with his ailing mother. You left him to rot in isolation for years. Your attempt to proclaim it was to "protect" him is pitiful - you only shielded yourself.

As a consequence of his circumstances, Seymour grew to believe that the only escape from suffering is death, a view I have long held myself. He intended to become Sin so that he could destroy the world, releasing its inhabitants from the pain of existence.

While I do not agree with or condone Seymour's actions towards the protagonists (particularly Yuna) and citizens in the game, I could always empathise with his tragic past and understand his perspective and motivations. He was portrayed as a cruel, evil madman with a disturbing outlook on life, and it was unfortunate that his personality was rather underdeveloped.

Yet even as a young girl, I felt that surely his life and the way he was treated was what was truly disturbing, along with the subsequent invalidation of his severe suffering. Surely it's abuse, abandonment, religious indoctrination, systemic discrimination and the unwarranted hostility that led to a small child being exiled that are all deeply disturbing, rather than his views on life and death.

Instead of being heard, understood and supported before his situation escalated, he was ignored, invalidated and immediately villainised when he was pushed over the edge. I find this to be so relevant in real life, even twenty years since FFX was released. Seymour's character resonated with me on a profound level and he still does, perhaps even more so today.

A820567583ecb730756b3723a792b68c
19 37 40 aleksi remes seymour1
19 48 20 8d724218aefea641d0674176425ad879
First image: Seymour Guado
Second image: Seymour with his aeon, Anima
Third image: Anima (remember that Seymour's mother sacrificed herself to become this haunting, powerful creature)

Disclaimer: These images are not my artwork.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Green Destiny and 3 others
motyxia

motyxia

less than him
Oct 14, 2021
Simon from Cry of Fear
Aesop Carl from Identity V
Leslie Withers from The Evil Within
Mimikyu
Allister from Pokemon Shield
Ghasts from Minecraft

I can't pick one, so there's 6. Really recommend Cry of Fear since it's free, doesn't cost anything but time.

Reactions: MeltedJello, Midgardsorm, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I used to feel like a video game character and have an important role in the plot. But not anymore.

So ...

maxresdefault.jpg

That's me.

All people are there having fun, talking, going out and having relationships and what do I get? Guard duty.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: odradek, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, MeltedJello and 4 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I relate most to the Ashen one from Dark Souls 3. Your basically a nobody, sent on a fools errand doomed to failure in a world that is slowly fading into shadow. Lords and once powerful beings along with great kingdoms have crumbled to dust. Even if you emerge victorious no one is there to congratulate or comfort you for you are ultimately alone. And when it's all said and done you and only one other being are left standing at the edge of total oblivion. 2 useless people fighting for the vestiges of a forgotten Pygmy.

• Love
Reactions: odradek, deleted, MeltedJello and 3 others
cloudnone

cloudnone

So Scribble Me Out
Jan 14, 2020
Probably Guzma from Pokémon. Everyone views him as this rude, careless bad guy but in all reality he cares a LOT for the people around him and while he might be a little rough around the edges, he's actually a really good dude once you get to know more about him and give him a chance.

Reactions: MeltedJello
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
James from Silent Hill 2.
Esp suicide gameplay... surprise surprise (- yawn!)
now look what you've done!
for a flash actionccript assignment I scripted Pacman.. I would love to access that now, maybe create a columbine "kill em all" version, or even better :: a goth version - perfect for halloween, huh?

so dated, but the idea is cool.

Anyone exited for halloween?
Loved The Simpsons Halloween specials,
Now also loving Trixie & Katja's...

Last edited:
Reactions: MeltedJello
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I used to feel like a video game character and have an important role in the plot. But not anymore.

So ...

maxresdefault.jpg

That's me.

All people are there having fun, talking, going out and having relationships and what do I get? Guard duty.

• Yay!
Reactions: Midgardsorm and MeltedJello
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
This time I'm not alone, ha! Max Payne indeed. The American dream gone bad. But who doesn't want a house on the south shore of the Hudson? The cold New York night, the timeless concept as if in a void, the celebral painkiller-indiced setting.. like the Punisher too.

Yeh, I could only ever enjoy, play and afford the first one. On Android. Almost 20 years after it came out.

Unlike you, I've only had the first game and had to reflect, be depressed and fantasize about what happens next by myself. Nobody plays it anymore. Nobody feels the same either.

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
VEN⊙M:

I mean he's a superhero,...with spider attributes!
gnnnnn.