Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
69%, or about 420 users

• Love
Reactions: one.way.out, AnnonyBox, Life_and_Death and 9 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
SS is not sponsored by the Chinese Government, so we don't know yet

Reactions: LoupDeFeu
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
20%, tops.

Reactions: Pessimist
LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
I would guess lower than 20%, even lower than 10%. I imagine there are a lot of failed attempts.
I'm curious to know how many SS users are clinically depressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tree frog, siray, FuneralCry and 4 others
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
10% I think we all think about it too much rather than just doing it. Takes so much balls too jump from a high building or stand infront of a train.

Reactions: matt6callis, itstoolateforme, Tree frog and 9 others
LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
10% I think we all think about it too much rather than just doing it. Takes so much balls too jump from a high building or stand infront of a train.
But a lot of people use SS to research less violent methods. If there was a painless, easy way, well.. a lot of us wouldn't be here.

Reactions: itstoolateforme, faex42, unperson and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021

I think 10% is a reasonable number. If suicide was easy none of us would be here right now posting. Maybe thinking you will ctb is coping. It is an attractive solution to all your problems but maybe not so realistic to pull off in real life.

But a lot of people use SS to research less violent methods. If there was a painless, easy way, well.. a lot of us wouldn't be here.

Tell that to all the members here who have N and/or firearms in their possessions. I don't think there is an easy way to defeat SI or a perfect method. Maybe you just have to close your eyes and do it.

Reactions: Cold, unperson, lobster salad and 5 others
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
I'd guess 15-20% ctb, 80-85% venting then leave eventually.

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop and Pessimist
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I have no clue but I've lost many people here (and some of them were really good friends of mine) and it really hurts but it's the way it is. We're all suffering a lot and just don't know how much longer we'll be around.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: unperson, scarletohara, user_name_here and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't know really. Lots of people make goodbye threads and we hear nothing from them so it is presumed they have ctb. If you look back on some old threads, there are a lot of crossed out names but you don't know if they have ctb or have recovered or just simply left. As others have said above the actual task of ctb is hard and requires courage so it might be less than we think.

Reactions: demuic
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
I'm not too sure about the percentage, but i think when i go, i'll leave my location, age and a few identifying details of my appearance so people on here can read about me in my local news site. Not in some vain act but purely for the morbid curiosity some might have.

• Wow
Reactions: unperson, lobster salad, RealLostSoul and 1 other person
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
10-15%

I think some of the goodbye letters strongly hint at CTB but the writers simply leave SS. There's a certain sympathy and respect for someone who ctbs rather than simply leaves. I suspect that some formerly active members do it at a later time without letting us know. The vast majority of people who end their lives are not SS members. I sincerely doubt I will announce it in SS when I'm ready to go. I won't need an audience.

Reactions: itstoolateforme, xrafinha, unperson and 1 other person
unperson

unperson

nontitle
May 8, 2021
I think 10% is a reasonable number. If suicide was easy none of us would be here right now posting. Maybe thinking you will ctb is coping. It is an attractive solution to all your problems but maybe not so realistic to pull off in real life.

Tell that to all the members here who have N and/or firearms in their possessions. I don't think there is an easy way to defeat SI or a perfect method. Maybe you just have to close your eyes and do it.
Snorlax droppin some wisdom