• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
So I know that it can be tricky to get it right. But other than wasting time. What is the downside to this method? Like I'm assuming if you pass out, then it will work. Am I wrong?

Note: I'm talking about if someone doesn't find you within time. All methods have this as their downside.

Reactions: Circles
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
It was my chosen method before switching to SN until I kept thinking of the potential unknowns that may happen. Now let me preface to say I'm not saying it doesn't work, I believe it does, it's just that I'm an over-thinker and worry more about the unforeseen risks given the examples I'm about to give.

For one, there isn't a lot of proof or any people I've encountered from on here that died with this method besides them saying it's their chosen method in their goodbye threads but that still doesn't give any evidence besides here say. @Kooz who made the megathread even mentioned in his last messages that he was still was planning with the NN method but there no proof so again it's just here say. Atleast with SN there's proof that it works.

And two, the real unknowns are when you pass out and you can't control your body movements. The ratchet strap could get loose and move up your neck when or if your body thrashes around since both of those pads that you're suppose to put on your carotid arteries gives an opening in the ratchet strap around your Adam's apple. Sometimes when I practiced this happened and since I did partial suspension instead of full I didn't even put my full weight on and the strap was already getting loose. Given this risk I absolutely hate the thought of failing and becoming a vegetable and knowing my luck it would happen.

And three, atleast for me I thought I could go through with this method but I couldn't deal with the pain no matter how hard I tried to numb myself the survival instinct always kicked in and I pussied out. Plus there aren't any places where I could attempt to hang myself without potentially traumatizing my family in my room or complete strangers at a park that's near me. I considered going to a national park and doing it but that's just too much trouble for me to follow through since I want my plan to be simple. Overall even with the risks I still think it can work since sometimes when I practiced I felt I was about to pass out in under 20-30 seconds and I believe it just depends on how desperate you are.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Qbert
Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
Even if you pass the pain and the possible failure. One of the downsides is that how embarrasing/awkward the body would look when discovered. A person choked himself to death by (this and this). It may be less tragic and easier on the eyes yet still.