J

Jum

Mar 7, 2019
I'm looking to use the bar in my closet for a partial. The threads I've seen give many examples of what not to use (nylon, thin rope), but very few examples of what to use (I've seen hemp mentioned a few times). If I had no time or money problems, what would be the best possible rope for me to use and could you link to anything specific?

Reactions: Baskol1, Kikoo Loool, Manaaja and 3 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I would like to know too because as you said, not a lot of people have recommended ropes to use, but rather what not to use.

Reactions: Baskol1, Kikoo Loool, Manaaja and 1 other person
hejakdgiwbq

hejakdgiwbq

d e a d i n s i d e
Jul 29, 2019
standard hemp rope with a diameter around 16/18mm i believe. just make sure to get enough rope for your needs - whether it be partial or full suspension (1m-2m seems to be enough in most cases).

• Love
Reactions: Baskol1, Manaaja, DreamCatcher and 2 others
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
standard hemp rope with a diameter around 16/18mm i believe. just make sure to get enough rope for your needs - whether it be partial or full suspension (1m-2m seems to be enough in most cases).

I second this

Hemp is nice, maybe a cotton rope . I'd get a braided rope instead of a 3 strand or other style for more comfort. I have some heavy cored braided polyester ones sitting around that would work great.

I certainly have a lot of rope on hand, give someone enough rope and...

• Love
Reactions: HGL91
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Some people seem to use padded collars for erotic asphyxiation.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Double braided nylon a half inch diameter or larger.

Reactions: Taki
namemanthedeadman

namemanthedeadman

Still Breathing :(
Jul 28, 2018
Belts are also fairly comfy and most people won't take a second glance if you go belt shopping

Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Static rope has been recommended, but it seems to run too thin (9-12mm). I think you want it to be thicker (20mm).

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Static rope has been recommended, but it seems to run too thin (9-12mm). I think you want it to be thicker (20mm).
Thicker is better. It reduces the pressure on the skin. It still works the same.

Reactions: HGL91