porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
I am still cofused by the notion of love so I wanted to hear your opinions. How would you define it or describe it? And what are your experiences like to "love" or "be loved"? Especially (but not limited to) romantic love, cus that's the most difficult for me to understand...

• Hugs
Reactions: edu0z and som1
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

I am still cofused by the notion of love so I wanted to hear your opinions. How would you define it or describe it? And what are your experiences like to "love" or "be loved"? Especially (but not limited to) romantic love, cus that's the most difficult for me to understand...
Best definition I have is you would do anything for someone you love, and their happiness makes you happy.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Quinlor, Ringo, edu0z and 6 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Thanks for sharing lolll. Very profound, I now understand the essence of the universe ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope my actual response makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: Midgardsorm and porhtna
dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
Best definition I have is you would do anything for someone you love, and their happiness makes you happy.
This, and the person you truly love will make you happy just being who they are as you spend time with them. Romantic love is just really really liking someone A LOT, more than you like other people, wanting to spend lots of time with them, plus the physical/sexual intimacy. It's not really as complicated as people think.

Reactions: porhtna
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If you believe you love something it is just something to lose and will eventually just cause you more pain. It is better to never love anything in the first place in my opinion. Life is mostly just pain and suffering and nothing positive ever seems to lasts.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, demuic, som1 and 4 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
it's better to loved and lost than never loved at all, love is something you can't live without, without it your world falls apart more pain then anything you can even imagine.

Reactions: DunnoWhyButYeah, porhtna and callme
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
it's better to loved and lost than never loved at all, love is something you can't live without, without it your world falls apart more pain then anything you can even imagine.

Being a virgin aside.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

This skating rink classic. If you know, you know. (yeah I'm old)

Love is like having a BFF that you also want to fuck.

• Love
Reactions: porhtna, dreadpirateroberts69 and callme
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Remember this?

porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
Do you think to love is natural or something that needs to be learned and practiced? I think I don't even know what that feels like or how to start.. (Of course you guys' posts are giving me some ideas so thanks!) Like I don't have that part of my brain activated. Right now I don't think my world is falling apart for the lack of love, but I kinda want to have that experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: callme and dreadpirateroberts69
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Do you think to love is natural or something that needs to be learned and practiced? I
both natural and learned and parcticed, to love someone else should come natural, to love something like art drawing is a learned and practiced the more you learn the more you love it.

dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
Do you think to love is natural or something that needs to be learned and practiced? I think I don't even know what that feels like or how to start.. (Of course you guys' posts are giving me some ideas so thanks!) Like I don't have that part of my brain activated. Right now I don't think my world is falling apart for the lack of love, but I kinda want to have that experience.
Honestly, I think you just have to be lucky enough to meet the right person. For some people it happens all the time, and for some, never. If you meet the right person(s) that part of your brain will activate, believe me

• Love
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Love comes in two forms really. Giving and receiving. Unfortunately most people have ever really experienced one side of the story. However, I do know this from personal experience. When it happens its sudden, then its unbearable, and when it's gone you're lost. And after getting pushed down you want nothing more to do with it. Then you meet a guy named Tom at the corner store with the pretty blue eyes. And it's back to square one. And after this happens about 30×. You're pretty sure you've got it figured out. Until you realize no one can really know it or explain it. Just feel it. Sometimes you'll regret it. Sometimes you won't.

• Hugs
Reactions: DunnoWhyButYeah, PreussenBlueJay and porhtna
LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
A consistent and conscious effort to wake up and choose the same person as your one and only every day - to make them happy, loved and spend time with them - and for them to do the same in return. I don't think romantic love is much different than a platonic one, the only difference being bonding trough sex.

• Love
Reactions: fizi22, demuic, porhtna and 1 other person
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
for me, to love someone is to take care of them and want the best for that person even if it means it hurts.

good song, how many memories from my adolescence haha

• Love
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Love is being so intuitively and wholly devoted to someone or something that you'd let it destroy you, with a lot of pain but no regrets.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

"What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed."

Now we just need to find a way to inject a constant supply of oxytocin, which is apparently the love hormone.

Reactions: porhtna and demuic