BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
What does love and being in love mean to you?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and wiltingorchid
W

wiltingorchid

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Love to me means to put the needs of someone else in front of yours.
And how it feels? I think it feels like going insane, but in a positive way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Aesthetic guy and BringMeToLife
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
Thank you šŸ’œ
Love to me means to put the needs of someone else in front of yours.
And how it feels? I think it feels like going insane, but in a positive way

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream and wiltingorchid
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more.

I'm not sure I know what love is, or if I'm capable of feeling it, I've been thinking about that lately... mainly because someone told me that they think I don't know what love is. So maybe I don't.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife, epic, NoLoveNoHope and 3 others
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more.

I'm not sure I know what love is, or if I'm capable of feeling it, I've been thinking about that lately... mainly because someone told me that they think I don't know what love is. So maybe I don't.
What a great song.
I'm in a similar situation. I don't know if I am capable of feeling love. I wonder if what I feel is love or obsession. I have no idea.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and resolutory
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
What a great song.
I'm in a similar situation. I don't know if I am capable of feeling love. I wonder if what I feel is love or obsession. I have no idea.
It's interesting you say that because I actually wrote a second part to my comment that I then deleted and decided not to post:

'When I was younger, I remember believing love was a bad disease that made me obsessed with an individual. But whether or not that actually was love I'm not sure.'

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: epic and CTB Dream
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
It's interesting you say that because I actually wrote a second part to my comment that I then deleted and decided not to post:

'When I was younger, I remember believing love was a bad disease that made me obsessed with an individual. But whether or not that actually was love I'm not sure.'
Ah, so I still don't have a solution to this love puzzle.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It is unfortunate that so many people are lacking in affection.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chemical Animal, BringMeToLife and CTB Dream
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Love is not motivated by self-interest. I don't think I'm capable of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: BringMeToLife and CTB Dream
RoundaboutResolved

RoundaboutResolved

Stuck in a roundabout with no exits!
Apr 5, 2023
An annoying chemical reaction inside my brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: BringMeToLife and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Love chemy nomore have injury damage now no chemic, all awful rly wish nvr exst now all sffr rmmb bfr injury damage chemy get

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki, epic and BringMeToLife
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
What does love and being in love mean to you?
It meant everything when I was in love - it gave me hope for a bright future. I wanted to see the future - now I want to see myself dead.

To me whenever I felt empty there was someone to fill that void - I could make someone happy - I was happy. Now, I'm just a broken soul after it. I'll never love a soul again, I don't think it's worth it anymore.

• Love
Reactions: BringMeToLife
D

depressedlover

In Transit waiting for the bus
Apr 12, 2023
Love is a natural feeling that comes from being able to accept someone without thinking of their flaws,it's being able to understand,coexist and care about them without thinking of yourself or any material benefit.Love is definitely an act of being genuine and affectionate.
Love means so much to me because it's the only thing i value in this world,and also it's the hardest real thing to find.I have always wanted a GENUINE and not self centered love.

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, NoLoveNoHope and BringMeToLife
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

I'd recommend both you and @BringMeToLife check out the term 'limerance'- it's an obsessive form of love. The YouTuber: 'Crappy Childhood Fairy' does some good videos on it. It's kind of hard to tell because I think many crushes on people start out quite obsessive but I'd consider ALL of my crushes to have been this in retrospect. It actually helps me to know I can be like this now because I can tend to know when I am starting to get like this over someone. I don't think it's been a positive thing in my life!

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope and BringMeToLife
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I'd recommend both you and @BringMeToLife check out the term 'limerance'- it's an obsessive form of love. The YouTuber: 'Crappy Childhood Fairy' does some good videos on it. It's kind of hard to tell because I think many crushes on people start out quite obsessive but I'd consider ALL of my crushes to have been this in retrospect. It actually helps me to know I can be like this now because I can tend to know when I am starting to get like this over someone. I don't think it's been a positive thing in my life!
I read up on this and oh wow, that's me. I expected it, and yet now that I know about the existence of limerence, it's hard for me to accept it. I'm not afraid to admit I'm obsessed with my loved one, but from what I've read, limerence is not love... So I'm obsessed but I don't love him? I want to love him with all my heart.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Something I can never have (again). Thankfully, that will be moot soon.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I read up on this and oh wow, that's me. I expected it, and yet now that I know about the existence of limerence, it's hard for me to accept it. I'm not afraid to admit I'm obsessed with my loved one, but from what I've read, limerence is not love... So I'm obsessed but I don't love him? I want to love him with all my heart.

Yes, I completely understand. If someone had told me it was limerance during any of my crushes- I would have been so upset. They felt so real. Still- I'd argue that limerance IS still a form of love. It's just that it's almost a blind love. I'm no expert- who is at the end of the day? Perhaps we all experience love in our own ways. I just know that I really recognised myself when I learnt about limerance. I kind of realised my crushes were intense and kind of out of control at the time but I just thought it was because I'm an obsessive sort of person.

All I would say- is that limerance tended to make me fantasize and lie to myself. All I've ever had were crushes- unrequited love. Still- even when they did things that I really didn't like (we all have faults of course,) I would say to myself that I must love them because I loved them in spite of that. More importantly though- it should have been obvious that none of them felt that way about me but I'd still just obsess about all the good memories I had with them and hang on to that.

With you though- it sounds different- if you are actually with them? Is that right? I don't know but I don't see why you shouldn't be in love with them- rather than limerance. Maybe if you do think it's very obsessive though- perhaps you can address that. I really wish you luck.

BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
Yes, I completely understand. If someone had told me it was limerance during any of my crushes- I would have been so upset. They felt so real. Still- I'd argue that limerance IS still a form of love. It's just that it's almost a blind love. I'm no expert- who is at the end of the day? Perhaps we all experience love in our own ways. I just know that I really recognised myself when I learnt about limerance. I kind of realised my crushes were intense and kind of out of control at the time but I just thought it was because I'm an obsessive sort of person.

All I would say- is that limerance tended to make me fantasize and lie to myself. All I've ever had were crushes- unrequited love. Still- even when they did things that I really didn't like (we all have faults of course,) I would say to myself that I must love them because I loved them in spite of that. More importantly though- it should have been obvious that none of them felt that way about me but I'd still just obsess about all the good memories I had with them and hang on to that.

With you though- it sounds different- if you are actually with them? Is that right? I don't know but I don't see why you shouldn't be in love with them- rather than limerance. Maybe if you do think it's very obsessive though- perhaps you can address that. I really wish you luck.
Whether I am with a loved one is complicated. It's quite embarrassing to write for others to read.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
tired_starlight

tired_starlight

Apr 16, 2023
For me, falling in love is primarily a sense of security.Because of the toxic relationships in my life, I am constantly afraid of obsession, which can be confused with falling in love. If I'm in love with a person, I want to feel safe and have my personal boundaries respected.