orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
What is love for you ??? Sorry, I really won't be around soon. The fucking questions will end.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, grungeCat, TriggerHappy and 3 others
U

Unicorns

Feb 8, 2021
Something that never lasts.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Celerity and orlandom
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
No worries about questions
Love for me is family and friends. Being there for one another when its needed

• Love
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing, demuic and orlandom
Umbreon

Umbreon

Weed Addict
Aug 20, 2020
BABY DONT HURT ME, DONT HURT ME, NO MORE

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, LiesAndLigatures, WatermelonMel and 17 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Painful, confusing, uncertain.....

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Celerity, naiad and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Enjoy things as how they are without expecting anything from them.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
To me, love is something the others experience. Just like flying into space or being successful at life. The typical "other people" things.
I never really experienced love besides towards my cat that was put down in december. No clue what it is like between humans. No one ever loved me and I loved nobody.

• Hugs
Reactions: Belaya Noch, NeverSatisfied, PlushieLover and 2 others
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Just go fuck yourself. I will leave you soon. I love you all. Too drunk. Forgive me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Celerity, NeverSatisfied, naiad and 1 other person
Dolunay

Dolunay

Mar 16, 2021
Love, hmm... for the lucky ones, it's a blessing. For people like us, a curse. Sometimes you're naive (and unlucky) enough to fall for a wrong person, and you screw up your whole life. You accept everything, abuse, lies, betrayals, etc, and in the end, when you inevitably get dumped, nothing matters anymore. You're empty.

That's what love is, in my opinion. A feeling powerful enough to fuck up your entire existence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DownfallEnlightened, Umbreon, Getoutmyhead and 5 others
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
Not a panacea for all ills...or any ailment for that matter.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and Celerity
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
Complicated and dangerous
The famous scientist George Price said love was purely another evolutionary technique for humans to pass on their genes- he committed suicide in 1975 in London

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity, NeverSatisfied, naiad and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It doesn't exist, and if it exists it should be avoided.

• Hugs
Reactions: Umbreon, Celerity, TriggerHappy and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Although from my understanding I like to think that love is just a mutual understanding between two people. Love isn't taking two half-fulfilled people and making them whole. It's taking two fulfilled people and making them twice as whole together. Love is an experience, it's a conversation that goes on 24/7. It's other sappy garbage like that.

• Hmph!
Reactions: WaterHemlock, LittleBabyNothing and GenesAndEnvironment
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I don't believe love at first sight or that there is someone you're meant to be with. I think love is a combination of lust and compatibility.. then familiarity increases that feeling into love.

Reactions: Umbreon, Celerity, NeverSatisfied and 3 others
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Love is beautiful. Love is unique. We all have our own misconceptions of what love is from fairytales, culture, how others choose to show theirs, our own experiences.
Love is an emotion, it's felt and experienced. It is fluid, never stable. We expect perfect love in abundance, love doesn't work like that.
Love is complex, painful, never enough. Love fluctuates, is never guaranteed to be forever.
When we can see love for all that it is, the good, the bad and the ugly... then we can embrace it with more passion and compassion. Maybe then the world will have less of the bullshit toxic love we've all experienced and leaves us bitter with poison continuing the cycle.
I don't believe love at first sight or that there is someone you're meant to be with. I think love is a combination of lust and compatibility.. then familiarity increases that feeling into love.
i think that's one of the most common forms of romantic love. But i think love can be found in many forms, love at first sight, souls mates etc... is real, possible for all but only happens for a few.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, NeverSatisfied, naiad and 2 others
naiad

naiad

Mar 20, 2021
Love is a disease.

Reactions: Snatsbats, Getoutmyhead and NeverSatisfied
gimme_my_happy_nap

gimme_my_happy_nap

Fresky
Mar 13, 2021
For me, it's a lot of work for a chance to get hurt.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Deathbydemo, Belaya Noch and 4 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Love is what a dog feels for it's (good) owner.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Ame, WatermelonMel and 5 others
WaterHemlock

WaterHemlock

Student
Dec 18, 2019
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. That's a quote from Erich Fromm.
There's so many different kinds of love. His book The Art Of Loving is a good one and it made me think about love in a different way.
Its easy to think about love as something that will make me whole and worthy if someone else gives it rather than loving myself. But I'm also reminded of the story about the two groups of people in heaven and hell. They both have spoons for arms and can't eat. In hell they're starving and miserable. In heaven they're fat and happy because they use their spoon arms to feed each other.
That's what love means to me. I can't say I'm any good at actually practicing it, loving others or myself.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
The unconditional way I fight for my children without even realising. The way my heart feels when kids or my niece or nephew or my mum does something for me because they want to not because they have to.

• Love
Reactions: WaterHemlock, LittleBabyNothing, Mentalmick and 1 other person
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I don't know nobody said this to me in my entire life:ahhha::I

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
What is love,
Baby don't hurt me,
Don't hurt me,
No more~
Pam-pam-pampam
Pampam-pam-pampam
What is love

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: lobster salad, Deathbydemo, ClairyFairy and 4 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I don't really believe in it outside of maybe your family and dog. Love in the world we live in comes off as conditional to me and requires you to have things like money, a career, your health, looks, etc. The disney version of love where you're appreciated for who you are is mostly a pipe dream I'd say. If you take a good look at this forum and the stories on here, you'll see people being easily abandoned because they are a inconvenience to others just for bringing up suicide much less any other kind of problem. Human beings are shitty and I'm not sure the world we live in actually allows for any pure form of love.

I honestly wish I was a dog because their love is unconditional.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Mentalmick and GenesAndEnvironment
PapaSuicide

PapaSuicide

Student
Oct 27, 2020
Without love we would eat each other! For me love is the purpose of our existence, without it, it becomes meaningless.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Symbiote and GenesAndEnvironment
Latios

Latios

Experienced
Nov 22, 2020

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad and LittleBabyNothing
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
A delusion because sooner or later, people get fed up with people and lose that "love magic".
Still, I want to experience it again because leaving the suffering aside, loving someone feels awesome lol.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid and Celerity
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
I disagree i dont think lust has anything to do with love- lust is physical love is based in the mind but saying that alot of women misinterpret lust for love some women fall big time for a man who does it for them in the sack

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Something that brings you comfort. I never really experienced that "deep love" that media talks about, but I'd I felt one in where I can be the real me.

.... Not that romantic now that I think about it.