qwert3948

qwert3948

Apr 24, 2023
i haven't really had any friends since i was about 11 and i just lived alone until recently
i honestly never felt that bad about it. i would play games, draw, do whatever i wanted by myself and it was ok
until recently i never really craved or felt interested in being with other people, but i don't know if this crave is what loneliness feels like, i can't really capture what that is
not feeling connected to people around you? not having connections

i'm mostly confused as a person who felt all that but was never bothered by any of those feelings, it was just eh.
what does it really feel like? why?

i'm not too sure i even know what it really is at this point

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I suppose "loneliness" is a little easier now as opposed to before. Can you imagine not even having strangers on the internet to talk to once in a while? That is true loneliness.

Reactions: AInilam
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I'm not sure. I never really felt lonely but it could be said that I lived in serious isolation.

Maybe the best way to describe it is feeling left out or not good enough? As a teen I had felt inadequate because I didn't have a boyfriend and while that did nothing to make me want to ctb I suppose it overall sucked?

My worst pain comes from being around others who pushed me away when I tried to befriend them. In comparison, isolation seems superior.

K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
i haven't really had any friends since i was about 11 and i just lived alone until recently
i honestly never felt that bad about it. i would play games, draw, do whatever i wanted by myself and it was ok
until recently i never really craved or felt interested in being with other people, but i don't know if this crave is what loneliness feels like, i can't really capture what that is
not feeling connected to people around you? not having connections

i'm mostly confused as a person who felt all that but was never bothered by any of those feelings, it was just eh.
what does it really feel like? why?

i'm not too sure i even know what it really is at this point
For me loneliness is remedied by having a connection, closeness both physical and mentally, it includes intimacy, a sense of comfort, being able to trust that person in many ways, and over all being able to spend my time with that person whenever possible. Online interactions help very little, so I'd need to be able to spend time with that individual in person.

All of that combined and not having it is what loneliness feels like for me. It's very important that I have this in my life as I realized this is what I truly need. Everything else doesn't mean anything to me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, Lookoutbelow and Serial Experi Pain
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Well let me tell you. I am lonely every single minute of the day. My parents and grandparents are all gone. The only friend I had died 3 years ago from Covid. I have no siblings or any other friends. My husband and children ignore me and take me for granted, except when it benefits them for me to be around. I feel as if I'm insignificant and don't matter. It makes me feel utterly sad and even afraid at times. I feel isolated, useless. I wouldn't wish this void on anyone. I truly hope you never get to this point.

• Love
Reactions: Kalista