Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Thinking a bit, the fact that we have suicidal ideas makes me think, why did we get to reject life to such an extent? From my perspective, I think it is a very natural idea of us as human beings, that is, perhaps it is a biologically programmed option in us that we can turn to when we need it, far from all popular belief.

Reactions: FuneralCry, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think that our brains are not simply programmed to live (unlike normies') or be happy with normal stuff according to society.

You know, study, work as a slave, get married, have children, pay your taxes and keep on working until you're grey and old and then get sick and die in a hospital.

I just can't deal with that. My brain wants answers about who we really are. Why is there something instead of nothing? And so on.

I dunno. My mind is just not normal and even though I've had great moments throughout my life, I really wanna leave this world before my 40s.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, nopointofliving, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
N

notoriousrbg

Mar 2, 2021
Can only speak for myself, but I can't ever recall real joy that wasn't mania or drug-induced. I also never had any religious sentiment at all growing up. I think much of my rejection of life comes from a complete discord between my values and those of people who are "happy." I'm harsh, I'm critical, and I prefer to be alone.

In some ways, lockdown is the best thing to have happened to me. I think if COVID stuck around and I could stay in permanent NEET paradise instead of grinding myself away at work, I would want to live.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and newave3
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Personally, I feel it is often conditional. A lot of us in here seem to have suffered trauma of a long term nature of some sort in our lives. Prolonged exposure to this kind of stress can lead to the ideation of suicide as an option to escape.

Reactions: demuic, Beachedwhale, FuneralCry and 3 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I reject life because I find it to be incredibly tedious and boring. I just want to end it.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, Beachedwhale, Rustysoupcan and 5 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
This life requires motivation, which requires goals. If you don't have anything that you think is worth achieving, then sooner or later suicide becomes the only reasonable course of action. If you don't have motivation you can't even get a minimum wage job, so unless you have parents that want to keep you alive you are also facing homelessness or at least poverty on top of the non-existent reasons to live.

Then there are the more mental-illness driven stuff like anxiety and BPD. Or just chronic physical pain, or a major life transition (divorce, covid, etc).

The toughest forms of suicidality to get rid of (ignoring end of life chronic pain) are probably the ones related to impaired motivation, and the more meta-level this impairment is--the more impossible it is to escape. Some kind of mixture between the final forms of depressive realism and a DNA that lost the fight against the neocortex.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TFJ, StringPuppet, FuneralCry and 3 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
@WornOutLife I feel exactly the same ... I can't agree more.
Before joining this forum, I thought I was crazy and stupid for not understanding life the way others do. Now I'm feeling better knowing I'm not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Not enjoying life.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and newave3
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just see life as pointless in a way, we exist only just to die. Therefore because of this I have always lacked motivation towards life as it all just amounts to nothing. I just see life as full of suffering too, especially with chronic health problems, the body feels
Iike a prison and death is the only way out. I think suicide is our way of gaining control over a life we didn't ask for in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, newave3 and RedHarlequin
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I don't really feel like I've rejected life but more like life has rejected me. I have no other options when every day is hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, newave3 and FuneralCry