Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I don't get why some people can't accept that my life was fucked before I ever had choices.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Ybother, Deleted member 18655 and 4 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Free will is an illusion. So it's not like you have choice for what happens and even as an adult. You may think you choose whatever but it really couldn't have been a different outcome when you understand cause & effect.

I think people aren't necessarily incapable of understanding that childhood abuse ruins even adulthood. They just don't want to express it because what good will that do for anyone that's already reflecting that belief from living it. That's why they just shrug it off while doing nothing because they can do nothing. In my opinion the legal system should do something but it tends to be hard with lack of evidence and just he said she said testimony. Best one can think about is eventually the past abusers will rot to nothingness.

Reactions: agentgeez, TheSoulless and Élégie
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Free will is an illusion. So it's not like you have choice for what happens and even as an adult. You may think you choose whatever but it really couldn't have been a different outcome when you understand cause & effect.

I think people aren't necessarily incapable of understanding that childhood abuse ruins even adulthood. They just don't want to express it because what good will that do for anyone that's already reflecting that belief from living it. That's why they just shrug it off while doing nothing because they can do nothing. In my opinion the legal system should do something but it tends to be hard with lack of evidence and just he said she said testimony. Best one can think about is eventually the past abusers will rot to nothingness.
She was a schizophrenic who had her own problems. She's homeless now.

• Aww..
Reactions: Oyoy
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
I think for a lot of people it would ruin their optimistic world view. If you can believe that everyone can recover from anything no matter how traumatic, life isn't as scary. When people can actually face permanent damage and/or wind up dead in the long run thanks to the scars from abuse it makes reality that much more frightening. When you realize that you start to ponder if you or perhaps your child could wind up permanently damaged and left having to "cope" with life by someone else, or just how much it would take to push you to suicide. I think most people who aren't already suicidal like to think they could never be driven to committing suicide but I'd say they're wrong. Everyone has different degrees of pain tolerance, but everyone can be broken in the end.

And then I do think what alizee said is true as well. A lot of people just don't know what they could do to prevent or stop it, so to them it's an "oh well" sort of thing and they just don't want to really have to acknowledge how terrible reality is. The legal system is corrupted/broken/underfunded when it comes to protecting children, as well as things like lack of evidence, and pervasive beliefs that a child is absolutely almost always better off with their parents. I mean some kids are taken from their homes due to extremely dangerous circumstances and all it takes to get them back is taking a few anger management classes or passing a few month long rehab program.

From my experience most people will sit around saying "deal with it" or some variation of that to anyone who has experienced any sort of tragedy or trauma (unless it's been popularized by media and they can hop onto some sort of bandwagon), right up until they go through something horrific at which point they begin to moan and complain about how society doesn't care, there's no help out there, how could people do such a thing, how could people be so evil, I am left with lasting scars and have to cope with life now, etc.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Ybother, agentgeez and 4 others