• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ecka-26

Ecka-26

Feb 8, 2022
Two different kind of SN one is nitrite and the other one is nitrate

Attachments

• 20220406_171926.jpg
    20220406_171926.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
0siris

0siris

O V E R
Apr 23, 2019
Did you measure the water and the SN you mixed or just random amounts?

Ecka-26

Ecka-26

Feb 8, 2022
Did you measure the water and the SN you mixed or just random amounts?
I only measure the nitrite but I used just 6grams and just put a little bit of water just to mix it and the nitrate was 30 grams and again i just put in the water so I can mix it and just check for the results, sorry if I don't make sense I'm a bit scattered my mind is everywhere.

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
The test strips only measure to 10mg/L for the nitrite, so it's not useful at all in terms of telling you the concentration or purity of your SN, just that it does contain at least a small amount of SN.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and wanttogetonthebus
0siris

0siris

O V E R
Apr 23, 2019
I only measure the nitrite but I used just 6grams and just put a little bit of water just to mix it and the nitrate was 30 grams and again i just put in the water so I can mix it and just check for the results, sorry if I don't make sense I'm a bit scattered my mind is everywhere.
6 grams is way too much for this strips.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/testing-my-sn-using-the-aquarium-testing-strips.31522/

Follow this guide, you'll need a good scale though.

Why do you even test the sodium nitrate? You shouldn't use it to ctb.

The test strips only measure to 10mg/L for the nitrite, so it's not useful at all in terms of telling you the concentration or purity of your SN, just that it does contain at least a small amount of SN.
If you mix a solution that should have 10mg/L and the test confirms it, you'll know it's pure.

• Informative
Reactions: TheWood, CloseFriendofCamus, Ecka-26 and 3 others
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Yeah you need to dilute your solution with a whole liter (I. e. A pint) of water to get an accurate result.

Reactions: Ecka-26
Ecka-26

Ecka-26

Feb 8, 2022
6 grams is way too much for this strips.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/testing-my-sn-using-the-aquarium-testing-strips.31522/

Follow this guide, you'll need a good scale though.

Why do you even test the sodium nitrate? You shouldn't use it to ctb.

If you mix a solution that should have 10mg/L and the test confirms it, you'll know it's pure.
Ok I will do that, I'll retest it w 10mg and see if that makes a difference. But the Nitrite the first picture my SN came in really clumpy even before I opened it I had to smash it down to powder, do you think w it being clumpy it's making a difference?

0siris

0siris

O V E R
Apr 23, 2019
Ok I will do that, I'll retest it w 10mg and see if that makes a difference. But the Nitrite the first picture my SN came in really clumpy even before I opened it I had to smash it down to powder, do you think w it being clumpy it's making a difference?
You need to follow it step by step to get a good result.

Clumping is normal with SN, there is a member however that has failed with the SN you have, but it's not clear if the SN was bad or not.

Reactions: wljourney
Ecka-26

Ecka-26

Feb 8, 2022
You need to follow it step by step to get a good result.

Clumping is normal with SN, there is a member however that has failed with the SN you have, but it's not clear if the SN was bad or not.
I actually read about this product after I bought it and like you said some members have said it's not really a reliable source. That's why I'm trying to test it w the strips, also Thank You for sharing your knowledge w me w how to go about testing the product I really appreciate your help. Do you think the 2nd source is reliable even though it's nitrate?

0siris

0siris

O V E R
Apr 23, 2019
I actually read about this product after I bought it and like you said some members have said it's not really a reliable source. That's why I'm trying to test it w the strips, also Thank You for sharing your knowledge w me w how to go about testing the product I really appreciate your help. Do you think the 2nd source is reliable even though it's nitrate?
Yes, but nitrate won't do the job.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Ok, do me a favour and follow the instructions by the T on how to run this test. Not more or less. Exact amounts.

This is directly from the Peaceful Pill Handbook:

You'll need:
- 5 g SN measured by electronic scale
- 2 ml disposable pipette
- 2 bottles 1 litre each of distilled water
- a small yoghurt container, clean (or similar)

Now:
- Weigh out EXACTLY 5g
- Combine with 10-20 ml water from one of the bottles.
- Use the yoghurt container for mixing until dissolved.
- return the mixture to the 1 l bottle, close and shake well.
- now extract exactly 2 ml from that mixture using the pipette and add it to the second bottle of distilled water.
- Close. Shake well.
- NOW use the dip stick and wait 30 sec

Compare the colour of the stick to the values shown for "10mg/litre"

• Love
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, pthnrdnojvsc and Ecka-26
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
The bottle literally says sodium nitrAte

Reactions: bad luck
D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
So I have been looking over this forum about using SN and water with specific amounts to test the purity or concentration of the compound, but you state that the OP strips are not good to test for purity/concentration.

This leaves me confused. Can we actually test for purity or concentration of the SN using a known amount of SN in measured amounts of 2 different bottles of water? I thought that the example posted in this thread was called an "aquarium test" or some modified version of it as the ppeh does. I have seen strips that have only ppm and not mg/L and ones that have both

So, is it worth doing this test for purity testing? Also, are there particular types of strips to use which have the appropriate units on them? I saw a very detailed post with several examples of differing amounts of SN and water. I don't want to CTB if mine is not good enough despite it saying 99% pure.

Thx

D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
Ok, do me a favour and follow the instructions by the T on how to run this test. Not more or less. Exact amounts.

This is directly from the Peaceful Pill Handbook:

You'll need:
- 5 g SN measured by electronic scale
- 2 ml disposable pipette
- 2 bottles 1 litre each of distilled water
- a small yoghurt container, clean (or similar)

Now:
- Weigh out EXACTLY 5g
- Combine with 10-20 ml water from one of the bottles.
- Use the yoghurt container for mixing until dissolved.
- return the mixture to the 1 l bottle, close and shake well.
- now extract exactly 2 ml from that mixture using the pipette and add it to the second bottle of distilled water.
- Close. Shake well.
- NOW use the dip stick and wait 30 sec

Compare the colour of the stick to the values shown for "10mg/litre"
I don't fully understand how to determine purity or concentration by this method. I've seen other posts which are similar to the ppeh with a slight variation. You state take 10 to 20ml of water and mix with SN. Why an arbitrary amount of water? I see that the procedure calls for returning it to bottle number 1. So, in my mind, if there was 1 litre in bottle 1, then you have 5g/L. Then you say to take 2 ml from bottle 1 and transfer to bottle 2 which has 1L. So, would you not want to take 2 ml out of bottle 2 before adding the 2 ml from bottle 1 to keep the volume of bottle 2 the same? Also, extraction of the 2 ml would supposedly contain 5 mg per litre, so would bottle 2 then contain 5 mg per 2L? I'm sorry if I don't follow the logic in this procedure and would really appreciate you helping me understand it better. It seems a little different than the other "aquarium" tests I've read so far on the forum. Is this a true aquarium test ot just a modified one?

Thx

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I don't fully understand how to determine purity or concentration by this method. I've seen other posts which are similar to the ppeh with a slight variation. You state take 10 to 20ml of water and mix with SN. Why an arbitrary amount of water? I see that the procedure calls for returning it to bottle number 1. So, in my mind, if there was 1 litre in bottle 1, then you have 5g/L. Then you say to take 2 ml from bottle 1 and transfer to bottle 2 which has 1L. So, would you not want to take 2 ml out of bottle 2 before adding the 2 ml from bottle 1 to keep the volume of bottle 2 the same? Also, extraction of the 2 ml would supposedly contain 5 mg per litre, so would bottle 2 then contain 5 mg per 2L? I'm sorry if I don't follow the logic in this procedure and would really appreciate you helping me understand it better. It seems a little different than the other "aquarium" tests I've read so far on the forum. Is this a true aquarium test ot just a modified one?

Thx
Since you return the 10-20ml to bottle 1 it doesn't matter how much you take out because it goes back in the same bottle.

The next step when 2 ml are added to 1000ml (1 liter) is simply a drop in the ocean. Yes you could first take 2 ml out of bottle 2 but for this to work it really makes no difference.

Reactions: DyingMiND
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
So I have been looking over this forum about using SN and water with specific amounts to test the purity or concentration of the compound, but you state that the OP strips are not good to test for purity/concentration.

This leaves me confused. Can we actually test for purity or concentration of the SN using a known amount of SN in measured amounts of 2 different bottles of water? I thought that the example posted in this thread was called an "aquarium test" or some modified version of it as the ppeh does. I have seen strips that have only ppm and not mg/L and ones that have both

So, is it worth doing this test for purity testing? Also, are there particular types of strips to use which have the appropriate units on them? I saw a very detailed post with several examples of differing amounts of SN and water. I don't want to CTB if mine is not good enough despite it saying 99% pure.

Thx
You have the wrong stuff