Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Forums were a big thing 10-12 years ago, before Facebook, Twitter and Instagram appeared, and I myself was active on many, even moderating a few.
But 90% of them died out. SS if currently alive and well because it is a perfect means for suicidal people to keep socializing and find information - while staying in the shadows.
No photos, no private info, just points of view...

But as everything else in life, this forum will also perish in time.
Everything that has a beginning, must have an end.
Today there are petitions online going for the kill.

They will not just go away.
They are the families of the deceased.
They will never understand us and they will get what they want at some point.

There is just a feeling in the air... a feeling of temporality, a feeling of an end approaching.
It might be our personal end, and not necessarily the end of the forum... but the site's clock is also inevitably ticking.
We will just wake up one morning and it won't be there... in a week, a month, or two years.

What info should we save?
I saved the Stan's Guide to SN, even though it is not my method of choice at this moment.

What else do you think should be gathered before the inevitable comes?

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, LittleJem, Homecoming and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
That a forum could have saved my life. I want that etched in stone

• Love
Reactions: Surgeon, Deleted member 4993, Homecoming and 12 others
R

RedFoxSwims

Oct 8, 2020
This forum is a godsend for me and people like me. I'm happy it exists it's nice to be around others that feel the same way. Being pro choice for suicide is frowned upon by society but in this forum it's fine. Feels good to be honest.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, TooConscious, Ghost2211 and 7 others
Freedent

Freedent

art hoe
Apr 19, 2020
I think if this forum dies, another one will rise eventually, maybe even with the same people that created this one. If the creators of SS feel the end is coming, i hope they leave some clues so we can migrate.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, TooConscious, Ghost2211 and 9 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Without ss, I would have ctb. Now for all the morons that want to shut this site down, here is a good idea for them to think about: IT IS ALWAYS EASY TO JUDGE BUT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. I HATE people who can not see past their noses and think thier way si either the best or the only way. LEAVE ALL OF US HERE ON SS ALONE. GO FIND SOMETHING OR SOMEONE ESLE TO PICK ON AND/OR BE JUDGEMENTAL ABOUT. Every santioned suicide global family member gives me love, hopeand the knowledge that I have a family that looks out for me as well as me looking out for the rest of my family here on ss. I 100% mean this when I say I love, care and have a endless supply of empathy for my family here. LOVE to everyone here from me!!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Gena, TooConscious and 10 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I was actually thinking about this forum, early hours of this morning, thinking that in 10/20yrs this forum will most likely be in the archives of the internet, occasionally dug out like an old link, like we do if we find something from 2005,
Sitting unused, but still here, fully deleted? I don't think anything can truely be deleted from the internet nowadays, there will always a shadow of it some were. this forum has come from another place and only came about in 2018, I believe that if this forum goes, it will just come up some were else, on another platform, it will never fully go as there is clearly a call for it.

Unlike social media, its not run by people who only see $ signs. Its run by people who truely understand, and don't plague us with adverts and other bullshit! (and you can be totally anon with no come back!)

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, TooConscious, Ghost2211 and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I wish we could save all the stories of people that spend their last moments on here and their goodbye threads, it would suck if something like that gets lost.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, whywere, TooConscious and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I wish we could save all the stories of people that spend their last moments on here and their goodbye threads, it would suck if something like that gets lost.

People out there want to shut down the one place where people can find other people to be with when they die.
So they don't have to feel alone.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, Silvermorning and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Not only Stan's SN guide. All of the methods megathread. The Suicide Resource Compilation on its entirety, the threads it links and even the links to pages outside this forum.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, LittleJem and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I was actually thinking about this forum, early hours of this morning, thinking that in 10/20yrs this forum will most likely be in the archives of the internet, occasionally dug out like an old link, like we do if we find something from 2005,
When I said a forum could have saved my life sadly I didn't mean this one I meant one back then so if I stumble upon something I'm triggered to fuck that I'm not on it. Late to the party. Now it's everywhere and it's unlikely to be a regret anyone in 10/20 years has unless they find what's left of this website and know it's this specifically they might have saved them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I hope the goodbye threads are saved, they're like memorials to the people who have passed away.

Would really like to see them saved and maybe archived somewhere so the people who have left us don't get forgotten.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Oct 2, 2020
I'm going to save the SN thread for sure and probably some others too

But seriously, I don't understand their logic. They want to shut down the site and then what?? Do they think that if the "evil suicide site" disappears it's users will be cured and won't want to CTB anymore? I understand that most of them lost someone and are hurt, but this is just so stupid...

• Love
Reactions: Gena, whywere, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I think about it every day and the conclusion I get is that yes, this forum will not last long. It surprises me that it lasted more than 1 year, in an extremely pro-life society.
Every night I tell myself that I'm going to save the Stan's Guide and several guides from users who have gone, but I always get lazy and never get this job done.
I'm going to save the SN thread for sure and probably some others too

But seriously, I don't understand their logic. They want to shut down the site and then what?? Do they think that if the "evil suicide site" disappears it's users will be cured and won't want to CTB anymore? I understand that most of them lost someone and are hurt, but this is just so stupid...
These people no longer think with their heads, only with their hearts

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, Infinite Conscious and 4 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Forums were a big thing 10-12 years ago, before Facebook, Twitter and Instagram appeared, and I myself was active on many, even moderating a few.
But 90% of them died out. SS if currently alive and well because it is a perfect means for suicidal people to keep socializing and find information - while staying in the shadows.
No photos, no private info, just points of view...

But as everything else in life, this forum will also perish in time.
Everything that has a beginning, must have an end.
Today there are petitions online going for the kill.

They will not just go away.
They are the families of the deceased.
They will never understand us and they will get what they want at some point.

There is just a feeling in the air... a feeling of temporality, a feeling of an end approaching.
It might be our personal end, and not necessarily the end of the forum... but the site's clock is also inevitably ticking.
We will just wake up one morning and it won't be there... in a week, a month, or two years.

What info should we save?
I saved the Stan's Guide to SN, even though it is not my method of choice at this moment.

What else do you think should be gathered before the inevitable comes?
Maybe they should make mirror sites on the dark web and the clearnet. The governments have repeatedly shut down the Pirate bay website and it keeps coming back and there are many mirror sites now . The Pirate bay is indestructable.

Last edited:
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, TooConscious and 2 others
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Not only Stan's SN guide. All of the methods megathread. The Suicide Resource Compilation on its entirety, the threads it links and even the links to pages outside this forum.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/
Yup, The Suicide Resource Compilation is the most important info here!

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I have screen shots of stans guide stat and regular.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, whywere and Deleted member 4993