ShornSoloists

ShornSoloists

Aug 18, 2021
Do you think it would be a curse or a blessing? I'm curious. Do you think immortality could be invented by mankind? Tell me your opinions, please.

Reactions: TheSoulless
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Idk if it could be invented, but if humans were or became immortal, they absolutely should not be able to procreate. This world would fill up and be a living hell.

Also, if you were immortal, you would have to stop aging physically around 30 years old, while you're still in your mental and physical prime. Get any older, and there is potential being left on the table. If humans were immortal, there should not be any old people.

If I were immortal, I would love to be able to keep learning forever. Maybe master many languages, and become great at playing an instrument.

Reactions: TheSoulless, Looooser and ShornSoloists
Umbrella Weather

Umbrella Weather

Catastrophe Merchant
Mar 7, 2022
I feel like I would be trapped in the horror realm version of Groundhog Day where I would just try to kill myself over and over and over and over and here is a new mechanism to die and again try to kill myself over and over. Immortality feels like an eternal punishment for a crime I did not commit.

Reactions: DontplayGod, TheSoulless and ShornSoloists
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I feel like I would be trapped in the horror realm version of Groundhog Day where I would just try to kill myself over and over and over and over and here is a new mechanism to die and again try to kill myself over and over. Immortality feels like an eternal punishment for a crime I did not commit.
But what if being immortal meant no health problems? Is there any reason that you couldn't change your situation given all the time in the world?

Reactions: Looooser and ShornSoloists
Umbrella Weather

Umbrella Weather

Catastrophe Merchant
Mar 7, 2022
But what if being immortal meant no health problems? Is there any reason that you couldn't change your situation given all the time in the world?
My answer to this question is so multifaceted and complex and this forum feels unworthy of my energy.... I am working on killing myself, after all.

Reactions: DontplayGod and ShornSoloists
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
My answer to this question is so multifaceted and complex and this forum feels unworthy of my energy.... I am working on killing myself, after all.
It actually seemed quite one-dimensional. Basically you want to kill yourself regardless of any changes in circumstances.

Reactions: ShornSoloists
Umbrella Weather

Umbrella Weather

Catastrophe Merchant
Mar 7, 2022
It actually seemed quite one-dimensional. Basically you want to kill yourself regardless of any changes in circumstances.
Fair enough. Truthfully, I love the pressure upon a construct and I would hope that I have the fortitude to press back. However there is nothing fun to be found on this side of the balustrade... I am miserable, detestable, and worthy of nothing more than a bullet to the brain. This isn't a war worth fighting.

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
"Shinok is an elder God. Impossible to kill. (Throws Shinoks decapitated head on the ground) there are fates worse than death."

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
This is my greatest worry. A year or two ago I did a lot of LSD and I felt like I was experiencing infinite lifetimes, and the entire time all I could do was feel sad because there was only one of those many lifetimes where I met someone I truly loved, so I was just missing them infinitely, and then over time I started to forget them, and then I was sad I couldn't even remember the name of the only person I ever loved.

Obviously LSD isn't real life, but one can imagine this happening if you lived forever.

What a horrible fate.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Interesting question. If you're immortal do you have to eat? If you're immortal do you need rest? If you truly couldn't die I would imagine after a while life would just get boring. But seeing technology progress might be very interesting.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Immortality in what sense? Not dying of old age, or not dying ever? The former sounds pretty good to me. The latter sounds like actual hell.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It would get boring after a while plus it would probably bring about insanity or something like dementia. Even the perception of time would be completely warped like if you have been alive for over 1000 years then each year might only feel like the equivalent of three days to a 20 year old (idk the actual math).

But if I was forced to live forever I guess I really would just try to make the most of it. If I'm invulnerable and can't be killed by anything then I might as well try to play the long game and set up multiple practical jokes for people in the future.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Having to live forever and suffer for all eternity is my worst nightmare. Life is so tedious, pointless and unnecessary. All I want is to pass away peacefully and be free from existence.

Dr.Precocious

Dr.Precocious

Exoskeletal
Mar 9, 2022
Do you think it would be a curse or a blessing? I'm curious. Do you think immortality could be invented by mankind? Tell me your opinions, please.
Whether it is a blessing or a curse depends upon what you do with it, right? At the point of immortality does RISK exist? I would likely get into a lot of trouble, becoming more brazen as the endless time passes. never have been good at sitting still or shutting my mouth