What do you think would happen to humanity in the long-run?

• Human extinction

• Reduced population

• Increased population

• Normal population

• Happy humans

• Sad humans

• mix of sad and happy humans

• Emotionless humans

Results are only viewable after voting.
J

jakaranda3

Feb 5, 2021
Everyone had a button that they could press that would instantly make themselves disappear (die). There would be no pain, no survival instinct challenge, no blood, and no turning back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sign me up lol.
200.gif

Humans probably wouldn't go extinct. The survival instinct is too high even among suicidal people. At the very least, the population would certainly be reduced though I can't say if it would be significant enough to induce too much change. We might see some necessary professions get thrown out all together as every qualified member yakes

Reactions: DocNo
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Human extinction because of technological destruction.

As for the button, I would've pressed it when I was 12 lol. (been suicide since that age)

Reactions: Source Energy and DocNo
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My bet is on humans becoming Borg, like in Star Trek. We already have implants (like pacemakers). In time we will be genetically and technologically enhanced and simply become something else.

If I had that button you speak of, I'd press it N O W!

Reactions: Source Energy
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Everyone had a button that they could press that would instantly make themselves disappear (die). There would be no pain, no survival instinct challenge, no blood, and no turning back.
59b5b4e4 2f0d 42b2 8b6e f2a29328c96a

Reactions: Source Energy, Dr Iron Arc, DocNo and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I don't think there would be much change. The overwhelming majority of all human beings don't have a death wish. There would be more impulsive suicides among young people, but not much more than that. Personally, I'd press my button, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: DocNo and Brick In The Wall
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i am also sure it won't change that much cause i think this decision is just so big that even with only pushing the button it wouldn't get that much easier to decide to end your existence.

i wouldn't push it right now and i am not sure if i would have been able to when i was actively suicidal. but it would feel comforting to have this option.
i guess it would let me take more risks and live a bit more active instead of avoiding some situations.

Reactions: jakaranda3 and Sensei
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I hope I understood the question correctly. Going with "reduced pop" and "mix of happy and sad". Some people are never going to press theirs, so no extinction. And the remainder will still feel happy and sad like they did before, I guess?

Reactions: Sensei
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I like to fantasise about aliens coming here and doing archaeology when the sun is a red giant and Earth is a tomb world with no atmosphere.

Reactions: jakaranda3 and Sensei
J

jakaranda3

Feb 5, 2021
I hope I understood the question correctly. Going with "reduced pop" and "mix of happy and sad". Some people are never going to press theirs, so no extinction. And the remainder will still feel happy and sad like they did before, I guess?
i mean long term happy or unhappy individuals. not circunstancial like death of a relative. For example if you think all long term unhappy individuals press button, it would be reduced pop and happy. mix implies there will be a good portion of long term unhappy people that prefers not press button.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
i mean long term happy or unhappy individuals. not circunstancial like death of a relative. For example if you think all long term unhappy individuals press button, it would be reduced pop and happy. mix implies there will be a good portion of long term unhappy people that prefers not press button.
I considered this but I believe that the effect of a bunch of people killing themselves would reduce the people that were happy enough's happiness. It really depends on how much society crumbles when people get a fair chance at dying peacefully without any effort. I would press that shit right away.

Reactions: jakaranda3 and Makko