Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I learned about this website not so long ago from a Youtube video and I have been using it semi-regularly to talk about my issues. I think I like using this forum to vent. No one can judge me here or at least their judgment can't have any real effect on my life. I also like reading people's feadback and what they think. Perhaps it's good to talk about my problems but I've also been wondering what if doing that only makes me feel worse? Maybe by being on here I've thrown myself into some spiral of bad feelings and increased suicidal thoughts. I know that I wasn't okay before being on here but I think I'm even worse now. Perhaps me feeling worse caused me to come on here and not otherwise. I guess it's more likely. I don't think it matters anyway but I suppose it's just another one of my vents.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, anhedonicNfoggy, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
I

idkwhoIam

May 5, 2023
As a fellow new member I also feel the same, I think that if you think that venting is not helping you than you should take a break for your mental health and see how you feels. The most important thing is your own happiness so if venting makes you happy, keep venting, but if it makes you feel worse you should take a break. Never feel like you have any obligation to anyone, live your own life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Tionally
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
For me, I can't say SaSu has made how I feel worse, or better. The one thing I will say is that it has given me a much greater awareness of how bad some actually have it, as compared to me. I don't want to get into a "your problems are worse than my problems" kind of thing. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that there are so many varied reasons for people wanting/needing to find a way to alleviate their pain that it put my reasons for myself into perspective. It doesn't change how I feel, but I have much greater empathy for other's problems. I suppose I am sadder about all that now from when I first came here. I just really never thought about how widespread sadness and despair really is, and it's all over the world with no end in sight. I guess it made me hate this world a little more, too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tionally, flatyeticorn, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
Psychologically speaking, it's a pretty well-documented phenomenon that "venting" in excess is more likely to harm your mood than help it. Although common logic is under the belief that venting provides catharsis--and it can, in short bursts and in moderation--in most (but not all) likelihood it actually hurts your mood by compelling you to focus on whatever is making you feel unwell.

You ought to think about your goals and your aims. Perhaps time spent in the Recovery section would be more beneficial in the short term? Perhaps even the long term?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tionally, Praestat_Mori and GreenBanana23
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's a fair point and it's important to recognise. If you feel like it's making you worse- you should definitely take a break. Some people realise that they need to be in the 'Recovery' section more and others actually realise they need to leave the site all together to really focus on living.

Maybe I'm mistaken but what I would say is- most people have enough self awareness to realise this I believe. Not that you're accusing the site of this but the 'normies' I think like to see this as a pro-death eco-chamber- where all who enter are sucked in and doomed. I don't think that's the case at all. I think people do need to take responsibility for their own mental health. If something in life is making it worse- including forums like this- they need to try cutting back. I think the majority of people are aware of their own emotional/ mental state though and what may be causing things to get worse or better. I wish you well- whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally, SVEN and Praestat_Mori
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
This is a great place to vent and hasn't had any negative impact on me. I'm still looking to ctb and all that good stuff, but I feel like I'm finally being heard. Not only is this a great place to vent but there isn't a risk of being hospitalized for speaking your mind here.

If I told half of the stuff I say on here to any type of therapist I'd more than likely get sent for an evaluation hold. SaSu has been a godsend for me with the wealth of knowledge and friendly members. Definitely getting more support here than in my normal life.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, Tionally and Praestat_Mori
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
This place can be negative, super negative. It requirers certain meental headspace. If you feel like its too much and there is some hope on you, try somewhere else more healthier that adapts to your needs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally and Praestat_Mori
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
I think venting (and being around other people venting) without making any changes in your life can definitely make you feel a lot worse. Maybe you can think about if you want to continue living and improving your life. And if you do, then you can just pop in here for a quick vent whenever you're feeling really down.

For me and maybe others here, I've completely given up on living so this place is just a comfort and makes me feel better. I hope you can figure things out and feel better soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that if one doesn't find this site to be beneficial for them they don't have to come on here, it's a personal decision whether to do so or not. But I just think in general this site serves a purpose and is needed because as well as all the method information reducing the amount of people suffering from failed attempts, suicidal people deserve a place to vent without the fear of being locked in the psych ward by insensitive pro-life people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally