B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
Excuse me for using this site as my personal diary. I have no one I can just let out everything I want to let out. Venting out my problems just helps me a lot. Especially when there's no restrictions or no one to stop me from saying I want to kms because of said problems.

Today's vent session is about one of my close friends. I'm almost certain they're using me. Not even almost. They are. They string me along like we are in a relationship and then tell me things about doing stuff with other people. It's so bizarre and idk why they do that to me. I love my friendship with them so much. But I know they're using me. And it really hurts. They always say I'm their favorite person and how I'm the only one they can go to about their problems but they never ask me to hang out unless they're sad. I don't feel wanted by them. I feel needed. And I don't want to feel needed. Those that get it, get it. I want to feel WANTED.

So here's what I wish I could do:
Distance myself from them

And I wish they would take notice and ask me what's wrong just so I can tell them this:

"I know you're going to be such a horrible heartbreak for me.

I'm avoiding it now by detaching.

I've been through this same song and dance numerous times.

My friends will breadcrumb me and then once they get into a relationship, they cut me out like I was nothing.

They do that stupid thing where they slowly distance first and then act weird and dry with me.

Until they finally just ghost me.

Hurts my feelings every time.

I don't deserve that.

They used me for the emotional intimacy that the people they *actually* wanted weren't giving them.

I started to have a terrible feeling that's what you were doing to me.

So I'm distancing to save myself from the heartbreak of losing yet another close friend.

I can not take someone else leaving me. I. Can't. Do. It."

They are not the first person who has done this with me. I know there's not much to comment on. But feeling used everyday makes me more sure I want to ctb. I feel like there are no good people left for me here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: warm dreams, tiger b and RobinWhoLostItAll
Topacio

Topacio

Aug 14, 2022
Something similar happens to me.

I often think: I'm in this group, but am I really part of it? When they need something, I never say no as long as I can help. But then, it's like they always put up a wall against me.

It's too noticeable, and it's not fair at all.

I've always felt that you should never beg for anyone's friendship, and yet I still stick with them. I don't know why I do it, it's a disaster.

B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
Something similar happens to me.

I often think: I'm in this group, but am I really part of it? When they need something, I never say no as long as I can help. But then, it's like they always put up a wall against me.

It's too noticeable, and it's not fair at all.

I've always felt that you should never beg for anyone's friendship, and yet I still stick with them. I don't know why I do it, it's a disaster.
People love other people who don't give them attention is what I've noticed. They pay attention to the people that aren't easy to grasp because they take people like us for granted. They know we will be around so what is there to fight for? Sad part is I can't change this about myself. I love being there for people and I love that I'm easily available for my friends because I so wish someone was like that for me.

Reactions: Topacio
Topacio

Topacio

Aug 14, 2022
People love other people who don't give them attention is what I've noticed. They pay attention to the people that aren't easy to grasp because they take people like us for granted. They know we will be around so what is there to fight for? Sad part is I can't change this about myself. I love being there for people and I love that I'm easily available for my friends because I so wish someone was like that for me.
Yes, you are absolutely right

Reactions: Bunny Beanie
B

Bunny Beanie

Smiling Suicide
Oct 12, 2023
sorry to hear that you're going through this. this kind of emotional whiplash wrecks me too. challenging myself to set boundaries (mental boundaries) with people who do this to others has helped a lot. it's easier said than done and i probably could take my own advice. distancing yourself and being as dry as possible usually takes them off your back for a while because they realize you're not taking their BS
I'm beginning to be dry with them. They don't even care. They are still using me and I'm still letting them. Ridiculous.
Just block them then FFS.
Tbh you're so real for that but I have no self respect so I will not be following this advice that would so obviously help me lol