BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Personally, I've been reading a ton of Worm fanfiction, because I absolutely love that setting. I've also gotten started on some of Wildbow's other serials, but I've been too nervous to really get into them.

How about you guys?

antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
Wow! That sounds cool! Lately I've been reading mostly internet articles and legal docs. I can't focus when I'm reading books. Not anymore... :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: BooGirl
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Wow! That sounds cool! Lately I've been reading mostly internet articles and legal docs. I can't focus when I'm reading books. Not anymore... :aw:
That's cool! I can barely parse legal documents most of the time lol

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Blood Child and her short stories. The Core, the last book in the Painted Man series.

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I've got so into reading since I stopped smoking weed. Am trying obscure historical fiction. At the moment it's a book about a female bare fisted boxer set in Recency Bristol in the UK (1799) and my last one was a fictional autobiography by conjoined twins, prior to this it was a young Italian woman who travels to Argentina in 1913 to join her husband only to find he has died so she assumes his identity and lives as a man.. So a bit different to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBlue
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
This really scary weird online forum called Sanctioned Suicide:
quite hard to find & join, but you know how determined I am with a line of coke & an olive martini in my paw...
But Karen; them wierdo's and what they wrote I tell you!
I have dutifully whipped and flagellated myself for them to find salvation...
I've been tracking and tracing and they never went to sunday school i think that's
where it all began... (God overlooking his lost little lambs - hmmm never.)
but they mock the Life Force with their Methods and
maybe the rains like revelations must just wash those freaks away
but in every cellar of darkness is a tiny little light of illumination / salvation:
or maybe that's the evil glint in the corner of His eye,
or the evil crease in the corner of His mouth...

C4dba58695a5f02516498036e79fd1a3

so now if we look in the book of Psalms...
I've got so into reading since I stopped smoking weed. Am trying obscure historical fiction. At the moment it's a book about a female bare fisted boxer set in Recency Bristol in the UK (1799) and my last one was a fictional autobiography by conjoined twins, prior to this it was a young Italian woman who travels to Argentina in 1913 to join her husband only to find he has died so she assumes his identity and lives as a man.. So a bit different to you!
erm... what is the last book? Isabel Allende Daughter of Fortune?
Managed a weird bookshop in my 20's so. my taste is bizarre:
Have just re-read Isabelle Allende House of the Spirits - my favourite book ever.
she combines the magic and the real in such a mystifying way. Brought me peace during a hard time of my life. (the movie was awful though)
also read the poetry by Octavio Paz (mindblowing!) i have it in spanish and in english: he lived in india and has the most incredible way of seeing the world
if you into Covid / Plague Mass literature - read Edgar Allan Poe The Masque of the Red Death: no artifice can prevent the inevitability of Fate.
Everyone here should check it out -the last page is apocalyptic!

https://www.poemuseum.org/the-masque-of-the-red-death

Last edited:
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
As well as destroying books I am also sometimes able to read one or two - the last one being The Comforts of Madness by Paul Sayer.

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I finished Mark Twain's Letters from the Earth - Uncensored Writings earlier this week. It's a collection of various short stories and half-finished stuff that wasn't published in his lifetime. It's all from near the end of his life, after he had lost his wife and daughter.

Dude was pretty savage sometimes. Definitely tore religion a new one. And the French. If anyone has read his The Mysterious Stranger and liked it then this is more in that vein and worth checking out. It gets quite irreverent and existential at places.

Here's a sample:

To proceed with the Biblical curiosities. Naturally you will think the threat to punish Adam and Eve for disobeying was of course not carried out, since they did not create themselves, nor their natures nor their impulses nor their weaknesses, and hence were not properly subject to anyone's commands, and not responsible to anybody for their acts. It will surprise you to know that the threat was carried out. Adam and Eve were punished, and that crime finds apologists unto this day. The sentence of death was executed.

As you perceive, the only person responsible for the couple's offense escaped; and not only escaped but became the executioner of the innocent.

In your country and mine we should have the privilege of making fun of this kind of morality, but it would be unkind to do it here. Many of these people have the reasoning faculty, but no one uses it in religious matters.

The best minds will tell you that when a man has begotten a child he is morally bound to tenderly care for it, protect it from hurt, shield it from disease, clothe it, feed it, bear with its waywardness, lay no hand upon it save in kindness and for its own good, and never in any case inflict upon it a wanton cruelty. God's treatment of his earthly children, every day and every night, is the exact opposite of all that, yet those best minds warmly justify these crimes, condone them, excuse them, and indignantly refuse to regard them as crimes at all, when he commits them. Your country and mine is an interesting one, but there is nothing there that is half so interesting as the human mind.

Very well, God banished Adam and Eve from the Garden, and eventually assassinated them. All for disobeying a command which he had no right to utter. But he did not stop there, as you will see. He has one code of morals for himself, and quite another for his children. He requires his children to deal justly -- and gently -- with offenders, and forgive them seventy-and-seven times; whereas he deals neither justly nor gently with anyone, and he did not forgive the ignorant and thoughtless first pair of juveniles even their first small offense and say, "You may go free this time, and I will give you another chance."

On the contrary! He elected to punish their children, all through the ages to the end of time, for a trifling offense committed by others before they were born. He is punishing them yet. In mild ways? No, in atrocious ones.

You would not suppose that this kind of Being gets many compliments. Undeceive yourself: the world calls him the All-Just, the All-Righteous, the All-Good, the All-Merciful, the All-Forgiving, the All-Truthful, the All-Loving, the Source of All Morality. These sarcasms are uttered daily, all over the world. But not as conscious sarcasms. No, they are meant seriously: they are uttered without a smile.

Last edited: