KushComa

KushComa

Aug 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

New here, and have been a little shy to post anything until now. I dont think I am very good at putting my feelings/thoughts into words, so I apoligize if the question below does not make sense in advance.

I'm looking for advice. My life took a turn I never expected on Christmas day 2022, and things have been steadily getting worse since. I have attempted and not succeeded twice since then, and since my 2nd attempt I decided I would try my absolute best to keep on living, and be happy again one day, no matter how much harder things got. There are times I feel hopeful that things will be okay, and other times where I feel theres no point in trying anymore, and that it would be best to give up instead. I dont have anyone I can really talk to in my life about these things without being judged, since anything related to CTB (even recovering, since that means you wanted to CTB in the first place) is very taboo in my culture.

I was wondering if there is anything specific that helped give you hope, or made you want to keep trying? Even for just another moment? I am hoping that hearing from some of you will help since I'm really not in a good place right now. Hearing peoples responses on other threads often does help even if its a little bit.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to share :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ChronicallyCynical
Alessa_Silent_Doll

Alessa_Silent_Doll

Aug 13, 2023
Don't be afraid of your darkest thoughts, embrace them and try to understand how to live with your inner demons. It really helps me to understand that having bad days or feeling like "dog shit", is completely fine, actually I would rather say that it is necessary in order to overcome some dark situations or times. However, this is not something you get magically or as a miracle, you have to work on it like everything in life.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, rosenwasser and KushComa
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
Honestly yes and it was medications. ADHD meds made me focus on my tasks more and have fun again. It fuels me like a stronger coffee and has been the source for excitement in my life taking me to uni where I just study stuff and save up my meds some days to look forward to other days. I don't abuse them, Ive been diagnosed with ADD attentive and I couldn't believe the difference it made in motivating me to do things. If you are inattentive you can become a little shy and not saying U have ADHD but it would make a difference if you were or just wanted to bury Ur head into a hobby and steadily improve... for me that's computer science. I enjoy what I do but if this one doesn't relate to U just give it a miss. The other thing I found to be very helpful in my life is kratom. Kratom is an Indonesian/Malaysian herb that works on mitrigana in the brain. Unlike regular opioids it has no withdrawals, no risk of overdoses and it's not addicting. I would say however that it's habit forming but I would compare it to a strong cup of coffee. Pain decreases so U can actually exercise more and get fitter. You will talk a lot more than usual and find it easier to get words out and it will most importantly keep you happy. It's not something a lot of people even know about really I just take it to get through uni. It's these things that give me something to do BC it motivates me to study every day and I'm barely depressed anymore. Whether it works for U or doesn't do much idk šŸ˜ but it certainly works for me and if Ur interested there's a documentary on Netflix called "a leaf of faith". You could also probably find things online about it. Honestly whether it helps U or not I really don't know but speaking from personal experience it's helped a lot. There's more things out there that can help like SSRI's (though I hate them) and I don't encourage U to go near drugs aside from things U actually need but if you've got clinical depression or Ur suffering from anything e.g. anxiety, it can be inhibiting. My life went from the most miserable thing in existence to something I can totally cope with and get through for a few more years at least. But these are just my personal 2 that make my life less miserable not saying it works for everyone.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
What helped me before getting out of a dark place was remembering the people in my life who supported me