• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
My plan is to CTB in a hotel in a state next to the one I live in. I will have my car and my computer and phone with me that I want to go to my family. I also plan to have my notes to my family members and will with me.

Does anyone know what happens to the belongings of a person who dies away from home, in a different state? Does it get sent back to family or would someone need to come pick it up? I'm trying to plan it to not inconvenience anyone as much as possible but I do want to make sure my family gets the notes, and my belongings. Is anyone familiar with what the process is for this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
I believe the family will inherit the belonging of yours, and they would have to pick it up.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It will be held for a while for investigatory reasons/evidence. Without a will, anyone can lay claim to your belongings, though. Bureaucratic government nonsense will more than likely delay the return of your belongings to your family for months. They may have to legally fight for their return. It's, also, possible that the state could lay claim to your belongings in order to recoup costs of investigation, autopsy, etc, maybe not so much the personal effects, but maybe the car, if it has substantial resale value. They might even try and attach onto your estate if you have one. Even if it seems apparent that you did ctb, there will still be an investigation to make sure it wasn't a murder staged to look like a suicide. How extensive the investigation will be is anyone's guess. I'm sure they'll try and look in your phone and computer.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
OICU812

OICU812

Aug 31, 2023
This is what I did on my failed attempt. I checked into a hotel. Before I tried to CTB, I wiped my laptop and put all of my valuables in the trunk of my car. The only thing I had in my hotel room was a post-it note of my full name, my driver's license number, and my car's license plate number.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
It will be held for a while for investigatory reasons/evidence. Without a will, anyone can lay claim to your belongings, though. Bureaucratic government nonsense will more than likely delay the return of your belongings to your family for months. They may have to legally fight for their return. It's, also, possible that the state could lay claim to your belongings in order to recoup costs of investigation, autopsy, etc, maybe not so much the personal effects, but maybe the car, if it has substantial resale value. They might even try and attach onto your estate if you have one. Even if it seems apparent that you did ctb, there will still be an investigation to make sure it wasn't a murder staged to look like a suicide. How extensive the investigation will be is anyone's guess. I'm sure they'll try and look in your phone and computer.
I read that if it's an obvious suicide they may not really do an investigation? I have a note for the police that states it's of my own volition and everything, but I get that that can be staged.

I also have a notarized will that I'll have with me that I want my car to go to a family member, they couldn't possibly take the car for themselves in that case right? Also, I feel like having a will with you seems like something that wouldn't happen if it was a staged. But idk, I don't really know anything about the process

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I read that if it's an obvious suicide they may not really do an investigation? I have a note for the police that states it's of my own volition and everything, but I get that that can be staged.

I also have a notarized will that I'll have with me that I want my car to go to a family member, they couldn't possibly take the car for themselves in that case right? Also, I feel like having a will with you seems like something that wouldn't happen if it was a staged. But idk, I don't really know anything about the process
You know, some states pass these "funny" laws that allow them to use any/all means to try and recoup taxpayer dollars which pay for anything from police investigations to autopsies. I don't know that all states do this, but know some do. Sometimes it's more the localities that do it. I know my city started billing the insurance companies of people who call 911 service to seek reimbursement for the cost of rescue squad, fire service, that kind of thing. I think I heard that if they can't collect from the insurance of the party who received service, that they send the party a bill for the service. It's happening all over. I don't know for certain if they'd seize your car and sell it at auction or something, but I would never put it by them to do something like that. They may do nothing. IDK. They may send a bill after the fact, at which point it would just become a debt of your estate. If there's no money to pay it, they would get nothing.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
This is what I did on my failed attempt. I checked into a hotel. Before I tried to CTB, I wiped my laptop and put all of my valuables in the trunk of my car. The only thing I had in my hotel room was a post-it note of my full name, my driver's license number, and my car's license plate number.
That's a good idea, I'll probably put my laptop and notes in my car to make sure my family gets them. I'll just have my license and note for police with me. I probably won't wipe my computer, just erase everything related to sources

Do you mind if I ask what happened that cause you to fail? If not, no worries at all

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Apparently I didn't pull the cable ties tight enough around my neck.

Here's more details on my first post: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-failed-ctb.131601/
I just read your post, damn that's awful, I'm sorry you went through that. I've considered the "night-night" method which sounds similar since you're using a strap of some kind around your neck to cut off circulation to your brain. I've experimented with it before to see if I would be able to make myself pass out, and I couldn't even get close. It sounds simple but it's really difficult in practice.