• There is nothing

• There is an afterlife

• Reincarnation

• A combination (elaborate below)

• None of the above (elaborate below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
I know this gets talked about a lot, but I wanted to give my viewpoint on it. I've been doing a lot of research on Near-Death Experiences (NDEs), and they seem to be the best proof that there is an afterlife. Lots of scientists and doctors study them, but have no physiological explanation for why they occur. There's a lot of similarities, regardless of background, culture, religion, region, and even time period. I'm thinking of writing an analysis on it before I CTB. I think it could help a lot of people, suicidal or not.

Edit: A lot of the responses really make me want to write the analysis now. Plenty of what is being said about NDEs being fake has been thoroughly researched by professionals way more qualified than any of us. These explanations have already been disproven by the scientific community. I think the information about it should be more widespread.

Those who choose not to believe it won't believe it. That's fine. But I think those with an open mind might find solace in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
when we die our consciousnesses as well dies nde are the result of a malfunctioning brain just like a dmt trip
it's either nothing forever or rebith somewhere in the universe

Reactions: Nebel_meer, NumbItAll and bluebus
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'm terrified by the idea of reincarnation. I know it sounds absurd, but think about it: didn't it already happen? Aren't we all here right now? So who can be 100% sure that someday, somehow we will come back to life as consciusness (in another body of course and with no previous memories, as memories are stored in the brain). But the only thought of a possibility that this could happen... just terrifyng... an endless loop of life and death with no escape.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, thedivinezer0, NumbItAll and 2 others
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I know this gets talked about a lot, but I wanted to give my viewpoint on it. I've been doing a lot of research on Near-Death Experiences (NDEs), and they seem to be the best proof that there is an afterlife. Lots of scientists and doctors study them, but have no physiological explanation for why they occur. There's a lot of similarities, regardless of background, culture, religion, region, and even time period. I'm thinking of writing an analysis on it before I CTB. I think it could help a lot of people, suicidal or not.
If you've ever tripped really hard or gone down a k-hole, you'll know that those experiences aren't unique to almost dying. I've had some wild experiences fueled by drugs that are very similar to people NDEs. I've also been close to death (almost drowned a couple times while surfing) and I didn't experience anything fantastic- I just got weaker and everything began to fade into black.

Reactions: thedivinezer0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It simply ceases to exist, consciousness is stored in the brain and once we die, that is it for us, we are gone and there is the absence of everything for all eternity. The thought of permanent nothingness comforts me so much.

Reactions: thedivinezer0 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'd like to believe in reincarnation but I'm not sure. The main reason why I want to believe in reincarnation is that I want answers as to why my current life is so hard (neurodivergence: Asperger's/autism, adhd, and social anxiety). Some say that has to do with past life karma, so I want to figure out who and what I was in my past life for me to have these issues in my current one.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I honestly don't care much about what happens unless my consciousness somehow keeps on existing.

When I die, I want it to be a clean slate. Nothing of me exists anymore. Everything is gone.

What bothers me though is the fact that I am conscious now. So who is to say that this can't happen again, if I am already here? Even if I dissipate into nothingness, what if I somehow experience existence again? That would kinda suck. Granted, it won't be "me" experiencing life, but still.

Ideally, I'd just like to chill with the eternal void for a while lol

Last edited:
Reactions: NumbItAll
Deleted User#81194

Deleted User#81194

Staring into space
May 26, 2023
it's doubtful, humans always think they're so special, when they're really no different to other animals. What about mosquito or panda heaven and hell? does that exists? Any conscious experience we have automatically ends when our brain stops functioning, we're left as mere vegetables. NDEs imo don't even come close to count as proof for an afterlife. There are many things that can cause hallucinations: vision, memories, drugs, sensory defects, sleep-paralysis, etc. — low pulse, and getting into an anoxic state from low blood flow and trauma shouldn't be ignored either.

Reactions: Death is beautiful, pthnrdnojvsc and NumbItAll
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Existence is eternal for sure, and we are part of it.
But i think it's first nothingness, but i don't think even nothingness lasts forever.
I believe we get sort of reincarnated, maybe after infnite eternies, maybe not even to this universe, but i think there will be something eventually.

Reactions: Loserhero and TheSource
Cepi

Cepi

It’s not a bad existence, just a bad life
May 12, 2023
Personally I believe in God after experiencing a life altering moment where my OCD went away after I fell asleep. I begged god everyday for mercy and I wish it would all go away and it did miraculously. So I do feel like to some extent there's a God out there looking out for us but I think what you believe is the after life you receive. If you wanna be nothing then you're gone, if you wanna be with friends and family there's heaven, and if you want a retry in life reincarnation. But all of it could be a mixture to get you deal with your life trauma's to help your soul move on. I don't think there is true nothingness unless your soul is destined for that. Thats why we feel so unique in our suffering and alone. Maybe this life is meant for self reflection upon everything our souls have been through and this is just a bad life out of many we'll continue to live. Whatever you end up as I hope we can one day be who we wanna be.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Have you heard about Donald Hoffman theory of conscious agents? I'm not sure I subscribe to it but quite interesting that something like it could exist.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
So I do feel like to some extent there's a God out there looking out for us
i don't think it has anything to do with a god looking out for us because you was cured of a problem, just the problem went away by itself
how can you say there's a god looking out for us when there literally a billion people starving

Cepi

Cepi

It’s not a bad existence, just a bad life
May 12, 2023
i don't think it has anything to do with a god looking out for us because you was cured of a problem, just the problem went away by itself
how can you say there's a god looking out for us when there literally a billion people starving
Maybe suffering is necessary to understand how to be a good person in the next life. I didn't expect my life to turn out this way and I expected to commit suicide after I conquered my OCD since it ruined my life completely. But now I'm working in the mental health field to make mental hospitals a thing so people can get support for their issues. I feel a lot lighter ever since that day and things have been pessimistically positive ever since then.

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
I feel like once we die, we're pretty much stuck in limbo. Just wandering the earth. At least that's what I hope for. I would love to see my dad again if there was something after we die. Part of why I want to ctb is to see him again.

Reactions: TheSource
Letthisallbegone

Letthisallbegone

WTF 0-0
Sep 13, 2023
I believe it's like a dream and you are just stuck in a place for awhile . But also I wish it was like reincarnation but I don't think that's how that works .

Reactions: TheSource
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Maybe suffering is necessary to understand how to be a good person in the next life.
ridiculous statement next your be saying we need to suffer for life to have meaning

TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023

Edit: A lot of the responses really make me want to write the analysis now. Plenty of what is being said about NDEs being fake has been thoroughly researched by professionals way more qualified than any of us. These explanations have already been disproven by the scientific community. I think the information about it should be more widespread.

Those who choose not to believe it won't believe it. That's fine. But I think those with an open mind might find solace in it.
I already have a playlist of interviews. I'll just leave it at that. They'll explain better than I ever could. No need to make an analysis.

johnwatterson

johnwatterson

Sep 30, 2023
i feel like death is just like an eternal sleep, similar to being unconscious however you have no thought or feeling. you are just sleeping and peaceful no matter what the cause of death is.