DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Preparation question for ctb tomorrow: if the police/paramedics come to pick your dead body up and you have a dog around, and your next of kin doesn't/can't come pick up the dog for a few days, do they just leave the dog to fend for itself or take it to a shelter or...?

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
This can put your pets in danger. Please see DM.

• Informative
Reactions: DyingToDie123
Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
They would most likely surrender it to a shelter. It would be best to hand off your furbaby to a family member or friend first.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and DyingToDie123
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
My dog is the biggest reason I'm still breathing. I feel like I owe her a decent life. Soon as she's gone I'm going with her. If I can make it that long.

• Hugs
Reactions: DyingToDie123 and AllCatsAreGrey
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Thanks for asking this question OP. It's something I've considered, but haven't pursued an answer.

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
This can definitely put your dog in danger. It'd be best if you make the necessary arrangements for him to be safe (even better adopted) and not simply seized by animal control. There are many stories about pets standing by the death bed of their owner, probably waiting for him/her to return. I had 2 instances when my dogs literally saved me, standing in the way of death. I don't thing we deserve dogs, we must do our best to keep them self even/especially upon our deaths.

• Hugs
Reactions: DyingToDie123
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
This is all really helpful and I've started looking into a place to board him before my parents can pick him up because of these replies and PMs, thank you all!