B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
Will i turn into a vegetable, will my body not function as well as before, will i suffer long term brain damage? Im sure there are cases where one has survived taking SN, but how were they afterwards?

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
It depends exactly "how" it fails. Do you think you're going to be found early? Do you think you might throw up some of the SN?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, locked*n*loaded and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
There is a chance of suffering brain damage because all ctb methods include shutting down the brain. You will have to be found on time to prevent the damage.

• Informative
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
It depends exactly "how" it fails. Do you think you're going to be found early? Do you think you might throw up some of the SN?
i dont think i might get caught early. I live in a small room alone, none of the other lodgers here pry on other people's business so its unlikely id be found in a span of a few days. As for the throwing up of SN, idk yet, and even if i do, i will probably have a second cup. Im just concerned that if i wake up, i might sustain any permanent organ damage as there have been posts here where the person woke up after taking the SN without receiving aid from any medical team, just woke up as if nothing happened.
There is a chance of suffering brain damage because all ctb methods include shutting down the brain. You will have to be found on time to prevent the damage.
im pretty confident i wouldnt get found, but is there a possibility i might survive this by myself?

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
i dont think i might get caught early. I live in a small room alone, none of the other lodgers here pry on other people's business so its unlikely id be found in a span of a few days. As for the throwing up of SN, idk yet, and even if i do, i will probably have a second cup. Im just concerned that if i wake up, i might sustain any permanent organ damage as there have been posts here where the person woke up after taking the SN without receiving aid from any medical team, just woke up as if nothing happened.

im pretty confident i wouldnt get found, but is there a possibility i might survive this by myself?
I truly don't think you'd be able to wake up just without any help, im not sure for certain of course but I do not think that would happen. Always have the extra ready because it's likely you will throw up. If you aren't found you should be good.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Do you plan on adhering to the 48-hour best known protocol for SN, which provides the best chance for success?

jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
Please where do I get sn in uk. Please

Reactions: cscott
D

Deleted member 65988

i might sustain any permanent organ damage as there have been posts here where the person woke up after taking the SN without receiving aid from any medical team, just woke up as if nothing happened.
sounds like that one person who took Epsom salt instead of sn

Reactions: Meditation guide
B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
Do you plan on adhering to the 48-hour best known protocol for SN, which provides the best chance for success?
will the other one work as fine? the shorter one, i dont want the longer regime since it would provide enough time to reevaluate my decisions

chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
I agree with the others responses, waking up with brain damage is only possible to happen, if you don't follow proper protocol (not taking enough, or vomitting sn back up). If the brain goes without oxygen for minutes but then gets oxygen again, that is enough time to cause permanent brain damage

basically do not do sn half heartedly, do your prep work and research, only do it when you are very sure your method is fail proof and won't make your life even worse

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i dont want the longer regime since it would provide enough time to reevaluate my decisions
Is reevaluation really an issue? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with evaluating options, and then evaluating some more. I mean CTB is a freaking big deal. Why wouldn't you want to weigh all options, and then re-weigh them? Anyway, will the shorter method work? Maybe. I don't know. It's worked for others. Both methods have failed for people, too. I think some of it has to do with how determined you really are. Hey, you can only work with what is available to you, and that includes time.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and betternever2havbeen
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's hard to know if people who claim they just woke up from it really took it at all or what exactly they did or did not do. I've never heard of that before until coming back to this site just recently.
My opinion is you either die or you go to the hospital and even then have a 50/50 chance of dying.

I could be wrong though. But to me failure means you got to the hospital in time and were given the antidote.

Also, the idea you get out of the hospital with no brain damage may not be exactly true. Someone here posted an article that people at first don't seem to have brain damage but later they realize they do have some. After all, their brains were deprived of oxygen for a while, maybe not enough to be obvious at first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

My opinion is you either die or you go to the hospital and even then have a 50/50 chance of dying.
That's true, some hospitals may not even have the facilities to diagnose and treat sn poisoning fast enough and even if they did. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll survive.
Also, the idea you get out of the hospital with no brain damage may not be exactly true. Someone here posted an article that people at first don't seem to have brain damage but later they realize they do have some. After all, their brains were deprived of oxygen for a while, maybe not enough to be obvious at first.
I think this one depends on a few factors such as the individuals health such current underlying issues and I also think that when people talk about brain damage here, I think they are talking about ending up a veggie and being a burden to others for the rest of their lives so thats what they are mostly worried about because thats what most people fear, not just failure but ending up far worse from an attempt. From what I've seen, a lot more cases recover without permanent damage more times than actually getting anything that will be detrimental long term. Like this case below that I've seen.

A 22-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis after intentionally ingesting 25g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. A blood methemoglobin concentration was "too high to measure," suggesting severe methemolobinemia. Prior to ingestion, she had read specific instructions online for obtaining sodium nitrite and using it for suicide, including exact doses and expected symptoms prior to death. She was successfully treated with methylene blue (2mg/kg) and supplemental oxygen administration. The patient recovered without permanent injury.

• Love
Reactions: intheend and Praestat_Mori
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
That's true, some hospitals may not even have the facilities to diagnose and treat sn poisoning fast enough and even if they did. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll survive.

I think this one depends on a few factors such as the individuals health such current underlying issues and I also think that when people talk about brain damage here, I think they are talking about ending up a veggie and being a burden to others for the rest of their lives so thats what they are mostly worried about because thats what most people fear, not just failure but ending up far worse from an attempt. From what I've seen, a lot more cases recover without permanent damage more times than actually getting anything that will be detrimental long term. Like this case below that I've seen.

A 22-year-old arrived at a NYC emergency department with cyanosis after intentionally ingesting 25g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. A blood methemoglobin concentration was "too high to measure," suggesting severe methemolobinemia. Prior to ingestion, she had read specific instructions online for obtaining sodium nitrite and using it for suicide, including exact doses and expected symptoms prior to death. She was successfully treated with methylene blue (2mg/kg) and supplemental oxygen administration. The patient recovered without permanent injury.
When they say they recovered without permanent injury, did they do a follow up at six months, with an MRI? Or did the person just walk out of the hospital appearing perfectly normal without a follow up a few months down the line? Are there memory deficits, dementia like symptoms starting to show up or other symptoms that become obvious as time goes on? I don't know one way or the other. I did read that article though which mentioned some latent brain damage.

It may be possible a few rare people survive drinking two or even three glasses of SN without any noticeable effects, maybe one in a hundred, since the way people's bodies react does vary quite a bit. One man at the hospital had an incredibly high concentration of SN, the converted substance in his blood, which would kill just about anyone, yet survived without showing any negative effects. Some people have the ability to block it with the chemistry of their bodies, like a natural resistance to it. It's rare though. That man was sick enough to go to the hospital, he wasn't just perfectly normal after drinking it and sleeping it off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

When they say they recovered without permanent injury, did they do a follow up at six months, with an MRI? Or did the person just walk out of the hospital appearing perfectly normal without a follow up a few months down the line? Are there memory deficits, dementia like symptoms starting to show up or other symptoms that become obvious as time goes on? I don't know one way or the other. I did read that article though which mentioned some latent brain damage.
I couldn't possibly know that much from what I read since there isnt any info on that. But i don't know what kind of brain damage could be common with this method and at what point of cyanosis or stage of Methomoglobinemia is a person more than likely to get brain damage because between 30-90% of Methomoglobinemia can already be lethal. I think it could all come down to how fast someone gets help and if unconsciousness is reached at all. There's been a lot of shifting narratives around this method over the years so thats where a lot of misinformation can take place, I'm sure you've noticed since you've been around for a while. It's been a great concern of mine to know at what stage is someone most at danger of getting any significant and detrimental brain damage, is it after unconsciousness or what? I have no issue accepting this method will have that risk.

Here's an example

Look at what blueclover says specifically in that thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I couldn't possibly know that much from what I read since there isnt any info on that. But i don't know what kind of brain damage could be common with this method and at what point of cyanosis or stage of Methomoglobinemia is a person more than likely to get brain damage because between 30-90% of Methomoglobinemia can already be lethal. I think it could all come down to how fast someone gets help and if unconsciousness is reached at all. There's been a lot of shifting narratives around this method over the years so thats where a lot of misinformation can take place, I'm sure you've noticed since you've been around for a while. It's been a great concern of mine to know at what stage is someone most at danger of getting any significant and detrimental brain damage, is it after unconsciousness or what? I have no issue accepting this method will have that risk.

Here's an example

Look at what blueclover says specifically in that thread.
You either die which is the most likely outcome, or you survive and there was an article about someone who survived but did have brain damage, after being rescued and intubated for a few days in the hospital. So you may or may not get brain damage.

I imagine if you are unconscious and resuscitated that indicates your brain was without oxygen or low oxygen for a time but that's just a guess. Being unconscious with a low heartbeat would cause brain damage, so maybe that's why PPH stopped recommending propranolol. Just a guess. It's odd they stopped recommending it when before at one point they said it was a necessity.

At least one or two people who took SN had such unbearable headaches they called for an ambulance. I remember one saying he was almost unable to move and had to crawl to the door to let them in. When SN hits the stomach it is bathed in stomach acid. That creates a reactive gas that causes a headache. I forget what the name of the gas is. But that was the reason to take acid blockers first. Why PPH eliminated acid blockers I don't know. Others have mentioned a mild headache, such as Sadworld.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988