N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I never tried to commit suicide. But i did some stuff close to suicide. I have the weird anxiety that if i survive a suicide attempt i see this as a wonder, Like a miracle and gift that i should live on. Moreover i think this is a very scary and brutal event. My big hope is that i succeed the first time if i try. Therefore i would try to combine two methods. I am really scared about surviving. The feeling must be shitty and I fear the damage that can occur.
What is your experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and alice-in-wonderland
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
You'll feel like shit and get locked up. Also your family will see you as crazy for the rest of your life.

• Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Barracuda91, Meditation guide and 3 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I got a bit better, then life decided to yo-yo me back into the dark side again. Compounded by a failing marriage and a toxic environment has made me think about my choices. I could either try to suicide again, or live life on my own terms and divorce, if things don't work out or I fail somewhere during the divorce, then I can just drink my SN and be done with it all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Storm225, Meditation guide and alice-in-wonderland
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You'll feel like shit and get locked up. Also your family will see you as crazy for the rest of your life.
This is absolute worst case scenario. It's not the same for everyone.

I never tried to commit suicide. But i did some stuff close to suicide. I have the weird anxiety that if i survive a suicide attempt i see this as a wonder, Like a miracle and gift that i should live on. Moreover i think this is a very scary and brutal event. My big hope is that i succeed the first time if i try. Therefore i would try to combine two methods. I am really scared about surviving. The feeling must be shitty and I fear the damage that can occur.
What is your experience?
Obviously, you'll keep living. What happens after depends on a lot of things.

If you are found and saved, there's a possibility you will end up sectioned and admitted into a psych ward. You could be referred for meds and therapy.

If nobody knows you tried, that's probably not going to happen.

People might become aware of how you're feeling, but it's not guaranteed to be all bad. You might find support and real help. It all depends on your relationship and how understanding they are.

Depending on your method, you might suffer lasting damage or just feel sick for awhile after and recover. It all depends. Some methods are riskier than others.

I totally understand the anxiety about not getting it right, but I'd recommend against more than one method. Just pick one, keep it simple, and do it right. When you start combining methods, it really just creates more things that could go wrong and make you fail. It's generally overkill.

Reactions: Lara francis2, alice-in-wonderland and Weary Soul
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I think it depends where you are in the world, as to what happens, if you are in the UK they don't care, and let you go home and carry on as normal

Reactions: Barracuda91 and alice-in-wonderland
greyback330

greyback330

Student
Oct 20, 2020
i was traumatized for a while and angry cuz i'm still alive

• Aww..
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
. I could either try to suicide again, or live life on my own terms and divorce, if things don't work out or I fail somewhere during the divorce
I hate to see you ctb over a brutal narcissist. I vote for the second choice for you as I see a lot of good things in you. Divorce since that seems to be at the root of your issues.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I hate to see you ctb over a brutal narcissist. I vote for the second choice for you as I see a lot of good things in you. Divorce since that seems to be at the root of your issues.
Trauma bonds are a bitch to break. One day I feel good, I'm gonna succeed, and today I feel guilty, shameful, and sad.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Trauma bonds are a bitch to break. One day I feel good, I'm gonna succeed, and today I feel guilty, shameful, and sad.
I understand. But committing suicide is a bitch too. Living the way you describe is a bitch too.