Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
All will die eventually one day and forgotten...but do you believe in Hell or Heaven theory, what if God if he exists puts you in even miserable life next time for going through CTB against his will.

R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
All will die eventually one day and forgotten...but do you believe in Hell or Heaven theory, what if God if he exists puts you in even miserable life next time for going through CTB against his will.
"Heaven/Hell" like "God" are man made, made up concepts meant to control and terrify people.
Also we don't have a "soul/spirit".
These two are made up concepts by people.
We are our physical bodies more precisely our brains which is where our consciousness arises from.

What happens after death is eternal peace and sleep.

Think how you felt in 500bc or in 1492 or in 1789 or in 1900.
The same will be after you die

Reactions: dm1444, ChronicallyCynical, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there is no god or heaven or hell only this universe which can be heaven for some and hell for others
there is no evidence of any kind for there to be a god God was used to explan how the universe got here
but science has proven it came into existance from nothing
the real question should be what are the chance of me existing now or in the future

Reactions: Immensevoid, ChronicallyCynical, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
afraid

afraid

I might just be able to feel pain the last time
Aug 4, 2023
I mean the time you're passed out, what do you feel? Nothing. I believe death is the same. Literally nothing, no concept of time, existence or anything else. No pain whatsoever, you're just gone from this universe.

Reactions: Immensevoid, ChronicallyCynical, Darkover and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A lot has been said already. When you have a few more messages you can use the search function there are many threads around discussing this topic incl. ideas about a possible afterlife.

Heaven and hell are invented by mankind to make other people fearful.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, afraid and Darkover
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
We will find out, if, indeed, there is a "we" to find out. Until then, no one can offer empirical proof.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and Praestat_Mori
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Nobody knows, but the science has not found a single proof that there's something after we die.
So most likely there's just nothingness.. actually the same as what you felt in year 1350, just nothing

Reactions: Immensevoid, ChronicallyCynical, redeyepiranha and 1 other person
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
I believe humans are dicks that like to be in control of others.

Hence they're willing to make up any fairytale or lie to scare people into submission. Even one so convoluted and contradictory like the Bible.

---

Now I'm not saying that you will be released from suffering post-ctb, but I don't think God exists. Thus I don't think heaven and hell exist. And I'm pretty sure after death comes nothingness, as the brain and the conscious are likely interlinked. Which to me definitely seems like a release from suffering.

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Conciousness ceases with the last breath or soon after. U will have no recollection of ever being alive or any memories of your life while u existed. Your flesh body goes back to being dirt. The soul ends when u stop breathing. If u have Holy Spirit, it goes with God into a container until Jesus's return, then when Jesus returns, the dead in Christ are raised up in the gathering together, of all the people who had Christ spirit while on earth, then the people still alive also disappear and are raised up. Not sure after that, but I'm thinking we enter God's kingdom after this event. Not sure what memories will remain after we are in spirit bodies, brought back to life, but have no flesh. I'm not sure how God will deal with the unsaved but it won't be like cruel and unusual punishment, they might not get to experience the life in paradise though. In the Bible it talks about how Jesus was raised from the dead, even though they locked his body in a cave that would have been impossible to escape, God still raised his body out of there somehow. There was even a guard watching all night to ensure Jesus's body can't be taken out. Yet when they went to check his dead body was gone. Then Jesus came back to say goodbye to his followers in his spirit body. They didn't recognize him at first because I guess we will look a little different in our new and improved spirit bodies. This is the same thing that will happen to people who are believers. I could be wrong but this is what some people told me who are Christians. Ultimately nobody knows what happens until it happens lol! This is the big mystery.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe in any God, afterlife, religion or reincarnation, I very strongly believe that once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we are gone, death is nothing more than a dreamless, eternal sleep, we simply won't exist in any form and the thought of such a thing comforts me so much.

Reactions: limeoctave and Immensevoid
dm1444

dm1444

Aug 3, 2023
Don't worry about it. Nobody lives for anything. You're born, you live and you die. All accomplishments, all money, all events are instantaneous. You've been and you're dead. And you have nothing and you're gone, just like you never existed.

How to spend this microscopic interval, when you are, is everyone's business, and it is absolutely indifferent how it will be. All lyrics, consciences, morals, meanings and other bullshit are for the living, so that they don't get so obsessed about their meaninglessness and insignificance. Many people need something to believe in, some invented religions for the sake of it, not to be afraid of death and to fill their lives with something. But in fact everything is empty, does the life of a flea or a cell in an organism, even if it is very important and pompous, make sense. Don't worry, while you live, live, when you die, well, you die and that's it. Nobody gives a fuck, even those who don't give a fuck, don't give a fuck, at least because there are no options anyway. The universe doesn't give a fuck, the world doesn't give a fuck, evolution doesn't give a fuck, so the fact that you don't give a fuck is normal.

• Love
Reactions: limeoctave