B

blue101

Jul 3, 2020
i'm scared that when I kill myself, i'll find out that the dead go to a place worse then this.
i don't think we jst become nothing because energy can't be destroyed or broken and we-humans-hold a lot of energy. what happens to that energy?>

Reactions: Pisceslilith and KleinerWolf
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Do you like fruit, blue101? Take a banana peel and discard it somewhere in your garden, among the soil and flowers. Make a point to go out into the yard and check it once per week, watch it decompose and eventually disappear. What do you think has happened to it? The atoms that compose the peel haven't been lost or destroyed, some have gone off into the atmosphere, some have gone into the soil and ultimately found their way into the diets of the flowers themselves forming parts of the leaves and petals etc, some have been consumed by bacteria or fungi or small animals etc.

The banana peel has no 'consciousness', it has no sense of self, no sentience or awareness, it's akin to a body after death. Eventually, it breaks down into its most basic constituent parts and returns to the earth.

Whether or not you believe in a soul and an after-life is a more complicated debate (there are about as many different views on that as there are people on the forum), but in terms of pure organic matter and the release and transformation of energy - the banana peel is a pretty decent visual :)

Reactions: blue101, BrokenBeing, charlottewilts and 8 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
You wont feel pain after you die

Reactions: blue101
P

Parisienne

Jul 7, 2020
i'm scared that when I kill myself, i'll find out that the dead go to a place worse then this.
i don't think we jst become nothing because energy can't be destroyed or broken and we-humans-hold a lot of energy. what happens to that energy?>

I think the same as you. I wonder especially if after it will be worse. I hope it's not a reincarnation frenzy because I wouldn't have the strength for that. Sorry if my English is shit I use Google translation

• Love
Reactions: Pisceslilith, blue101, FreddieQuell and 1 other person
H

Heavy

Student
Jun 20, 2020
There's no energy.

There's no god or religion.

People are masters of making shit up and fantasizing.

We are bacteria on the face of earth.

Reactions: blue101, FreddieQuell, peacefulhorizons and 1 other person
dumbteenagerlol

dumbteenagerlol

Jul 8, 2020
High-grade energy can be destroyed due to entropy. But this probably wasn't what you were asking about)

Reactions: idkimtired
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
SlowMo is wise. I like what he/she said there.
The body dies.
Where the consciousness/energy goes depends on your spiritual/religious belief.
I think the same as you. I wonder especially if after it will be worse. I hope it's not a reincarnation frenzy because I wouldn't have the strength for that. Sorry if my English is shit I use Google translation

It's okay it translates perfectly.

Reactions: Parisienne
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
The theories are endless but I think you have to take that risk to escape this world.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
The theories are endless but I think you have to take that risk to escape this world.

To be fair,
everyone dies eventually,
there's no risks involved really.
It's only risk if it's something you can prevent from doing.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
To be fair,
everyone dies eventually,
there's no risks involved really.
It's only risk if it's something you can prevent from doing.
yes but I was thinking of the risk of going to hell if that exists or something like that.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I feel like its eternal sleep, you know when you finally fall asleep and wake up hours later, those hours inbetween, that's what I feel like happens, you just don't wake up from it.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Could be an infinite amount of positive, negative or neutral outcomes so there really is no point thinking about it.

Reactions: charlottewilts and KleinerWolf
S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
Part of me hopes I will meet my parents again , but the atheist in me says there's no afterlife.

• Hugs
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Absolutely nothing

Reactions: TotallyIsolated and KleinerWolf
LUCIFERYAN

LUCIFERYAN

Jun 28, 2020
Well the energy that you hold into your body will be released to wherever your body is, then it's gonna be reused for the planet's benefit, our atoms will literally never die, Lavousier once said, in the nature nothing is created or gets lost, everything is transformed, one day all our atoms is going to be swallowed by the sun at somepoint of the story of the universe.
If you worry about hell, the Bible is a book written in the metal age, about the thoughts of an ancient people who lived very specifically around the Mesopotomic area, where today is Iraq, if it weren't for the Roman Catholics who imposed religion throughout Europe and then in all their respective colonies, we might believe in the gods of nature as our indigenous ancestors.
And even if you want to believe the Bible, it says only 2 or 3 times about hell, and never mentions eternal suffering with fire, but said that we would be consumed by fire, instantly, which is like some derivations of Christian churches like those Jehovah's witnesses believe. The hell as an eternal punishment was described in other literatures like Dante's hell in Divine Comedy, written in 14th century. In the end, what matters and where we are all going after this life is all a matter of belief. I like to think if there's really a hell, I'm already on it, so after leaving this place I should find my redemption.

Reactions: charlottewilts and Parisienne
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
The body is made of atoms, if you disassemble a human, and reassemble his atoms into many flies, which fly is he? None. Because brain does the thinking.