nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Hello all. Just posting this to see if anyone knows what gun this is and how I would go about checking for ammo & disabling the safety.
I found it in my garage recently. Also, if anyone has tips as to where to point the gun so I won't risk being saved I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
(and for those asking: no, I'm not a child. I have the unfortunate genetics of having baby hands lmao)
IMG 8183 IMG 8184
& just to add on, I have not had the chance to properly examine the box because I run the risk of being found by the people I live with. I had to snag these photos and run, so please bare with me.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
How did you randomly find a gun in your house? Is it another family members?

Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
The best place to aim with a firearm is the brainstem. It controls unconscious functions such as heartbeat and breathing among other things. The destruction of it will almost certainly result in death. IMG 2780

Reactions: raindrop9, conveniently_dead and MatrixPrisoner
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Springfield XD.
Although they look similar, there is no branding on the gun like springfields have.
The best place to aim with a firearm is the brainstem. It controls unconscious functions such as heartbeat and breathing among other things. The destruction of it will almost certainly result in death. View attachment 120781
Would it be best to point the gun upwards in my mouth? Or point it just behind my ear? I've always wondered which way works best.

Last edited:
Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
Although they look similar, there is no branding on the gun like springfields have.

Would it be best to point the gun upwards in my mouth? Or point it just behind my ear? I've always wondered which way works best.
In the mouth at an angle tends to be the most successful

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Is there any chance that's a flare gun? The bore looks enormous.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Is there any chance that's a flare gun? The bore looks enormous.
I'm not entirely sure.. I will update this thread whenever I'm home alone so I can get a better look at it.
Although, it would be quite humorous to pull the trigger only for sparks to fly haha
I will say, however, there are ammo boxes and an American hand gun pamphlet inside the bin. Not sure if all of that is needed for a flare gun

Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
Springfield XD.
I'm no gun expert by any means but I couldn't find any model of that gun that looks exactly identical to the one that OP shared pics of. I have a feeling it might be a flare or some kind of air soft gun from I could tell trying to analyze the pics.

noatacanti2020

noatacanti2020

Sep 29, 2023
You should check what kind of ammo it takes and make sure you know how to aim it

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, on closer examination of the pic, that's a box of actual bullets. It looks like the ammo was made by Remington, although that's not proof the gun was. It would be handy to be able to read the writing on the gun … is anybody able to clarify the image so it's readable…?

Ashe

Ashe

Sep 20, 2023
Okay so bad news for the OP I did some more digging with what very little I could see of the pics but that is saddly an UX XBG airsoft gun.
5.8173_XBG_links_ret.jpg

Found on website that sells airsoft guns so idk if it's allowed for me to link but I can provide the proof of the store front in dm's but this is 100% identical to the one in OP's pictures

nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Okay so bad news for the OP I did some more digging with what very little I could see of the pics but that is saddly an UX XBG airsoft gun.
5.8173_XBG_links_ret.jpg

Found on website that sells airsoft guns so idk if it's allowed for me to link but I can provide the proof of the store front in dm's but this is 100% identical to the one in OP's pictures
Ah, that is unfortunate. My question now is that if it's an airsoft gun, why would it have different bullets?
I will take a closer examination of it and take more photos when I can. Expect updates to this thread soon.
For reference, here is an image of the bullets that were in the casing. IMG 8190

Last edited:
Ashe

Ashe

Sep 20, 2023
My guess would be that the bullets belong to a gun thats being kept in a proper location like a safe somewhere or something of that sort and that airsoft gun was just being kept there because its gun related and in general a hobby for some outside of shooting actual guns.

nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
That makes sense. I know there is an actual gun in a safe somewhere but I thought that this was it due to us moving stuff around.
Very unfortunate that this method will not work for me. I appreciate the help from everyone regardless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashe
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
it won't be the the gun that gets ya. find out what it fires. i did a google image search. yeah airsoft. probably get a knot on your head