sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What foods do you want to try before you die? Personally, I want to try the butcher's feast from Cote (and as much kbbq as possible), the scones with clotted cream and jam from the Savoy, and try as many scones as possible from various places (the British kind though), as well as all of the biscuit (cookie) flavors from Fortnum & Mason.

I also want to try as many French, Korean, and Japanese foods as possible

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
I've always wanted to try rlly fancy/cute desserts with tea and maybe a gargantuan burger

Reactions: sserafim
theratonthebus

theratonthebus

Sep 21, 2023
ive always been curious as to what the hype is behind caviar, lol. like is it really just fish eggs? i cant imagine that it actually tastes good. maybe its just a rich person thing. either way, it sounds interesting

Reactions: Celerity, sserafim and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have really wanted to prepare lamb. Beef prices have gone through the roof, and lamb is actually price-competitive now even though it is imported. An Indian place near me had a goat dish I enjoyed. I think it could really turn out good, but I can't convince my family to let me buy it.

Also, lobster. I don't think I have ever had it, so I might as well add it to the bucket list.

I am also really fond of weird cheeses. I loved a tasting a local brewery held a year or two ago. I want to try this odd Irish cheese that has stout in it. It looks like stained glass.

Reactions: NSA, Saturn_ and sserafim
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I want to eat a chocolate cake with my bare hands like the one in 'Matilda'. I also want to try food from a Chinese night market

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i always wanted try stuff from every single american fast food chain. also more flavors of junk foods (doritos, oreos, monster and etc), we don't have a lot of variety here :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Saturn_
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Do you mean any food? not necessarily immediately before death? If so, I have some controversial options.
I can actually eat fast food and other typical foods whenever I want.
Therefore, I will choose specific foods.

- Human meat: No, I am not currently a cannibal who has a huge desire to eat humans.
Meat is meat.
If someone prepared human meat nicely for me, I probably wouldn't even feel the difference.
I would eat human flesh just to break the ethical rules of society in my own mind.
Forbidden fruit also tastes the best :).
I'm going to die anyway, so what difference does it make...right?

- Cat/dog meat: You are of Chinese descent, so this is your delicacy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Sorry, I love xenophobic jokes.
In my culture, eating a cat or a dog is very strange. I would just like to eat it out of pure curiosity.

- Insects: I have never eaten insects before (intentionally, because it happened by accident).
Eating insects is not very strange, but we Europeans are not used to it yet.
This has been changing recently.
Maybe if I have a chance, I'll buy some insects at the store.
Apparently some insects are quite tasty.

- Shark meat: Supposedly tasteless, but maybe it's a matter of taste.

- Snail: Why not?

- Takifugu: toxic fish.
You have to prepare this fish very carefully.
It's a bit risky.
Maybe this meal will make me die.
This food has no disadvantages

- And some other foods.

Reactions: NSA
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't really care enough about anything specifically to want to try it before death

Reactions: 4am
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hmm probably whale or dolphin meat. I just think it would be interesting to try but I'm not willing to go out of my way for it.

I think there's some famous restaurants I've always wanted to try like Waffle House or Rainforest Cafe or Medieval Times but I don't really have an idea of what I'd want to order from them.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I have alway s wanted to try ramen bc it look s so good! And I mean actual ramen, preferably from Japan or something. I have no idea witch one to try first though bc aparantly there are many, MANY different variant s! Where do I even begin???

NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Durian, real wagyu beef, and that weird maggot cheese from Italy that's banned now but people somehow still manage to get ahold of for social media stunts.

I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
There's no foods I want to try before I die, but as your asking, I'd like to know what truffles taste like, I guess.

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Hmmm I'd try to strike a balance between historically interesting foods, like Hawaiian cuisine which has been influenced by such different places, and novel species, like roasted water bug in SE Asia.

It'd be neat to have a map of "the tree of edible life"