sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What enneagram type and instinctual variant are you? I'm a sp 5 and I just read the most accurate description of me. It's actually kind of scary.

"Strangeness
Suppressing feelings and avoiding life impoverishes the experiences of the conservation E5. He feels empty on the inside. He describes it as an existential desert. This feeling of living dead is due to the disconnection with the body and the emotions. It is also a feeling of strangeness that makes him feel lost, like a weirdo on the planet. He does not feel belonging to this world."

Like this is literally me.

This is the website if you want to read about your own type:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
5 and 9 is me for enneagram typing

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and EternalShore
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
593 for me and sp/so with type 9.........ouch

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
593 for me and sp/so with type 9.........ouch
Actually I think I'm so/sp. I looked at the so description and it seemed to match me more instead. I do feel like an alien on this earth and that I don't belong in this world though.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
5+8 (40/60%?), apparently.

RedHotRage

RedHotRage

May 1, 2023
Think I'm an Sp/Sx 864. My favorite author is Sandra Maitri, although I also consider Sexual 8.

On Type Eight in General:
Eights tend to be very self-confident, domineering, controlling and no-nonsense kinds of people. These are the bad boys of the enneagram, eager to get down and get dirty, and mix things up. They prefer to be in charge and running the show, giving orders rather than taking them. Often they are big and blustery – energetically if not physically – making their presence felt and determined to get their way. With a fundamental orientation that life has treated them wrong, they are out for justice and to set things right by exacting vengeance – hence the name of this ennea-type Ego-Revenge. Their method is the biblical one: an eye for an eye, doing to others as they feel they have been done to. They are confrontational, always on the lookout for a challenge and a fight, something to pit themselves against.

I love life and try to go the extremes out of it. Growing up, I was pretty domineering, not necessarily a bully per se though. More like I wanted to get whatever the hell I wanted and didn't really even consider others in my decisions. I always viewed myself like a chained up bull or gorilla, who wanted to live life to the extremes. Crude pleasure, etc. That being said, I can be pretty swing-y. I'm also pretty impulsive and like weapons and do have suicidal impulses from time to time, so despite how intense and good my usual life generally is, I sometimes find myself in total stress and deadness where I can just snap and end it all.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
What enneagram type and instinctual variant are you? I'm a sp 5 and I just read the most accurate description of me. It's actually kind of scary.

"Strangeness
Suppressing feelings and avoiding life impoverishes the experiences of the conservation E5. He feels empty on the inside. He describes it as an existential desert. This feeling of living dead is due to the disconnection with the body and the emotions. It is also a feeling of strangeness that makes him feel lost, like a weirdo on the planet. He does not feel belonging to this world."

Like this is literally me.

This is the website if you want to read about your own type:
That's likely due to the Barnum effect. Those statements are vague and could apply to literally anyone, hence why they feel so accurate. These types of things are usually bullshit. If I remember correctly, I think the closest there is to an accurate personality test is the MMPI, which is used to test people for certain mental health and clinical issues. If you wanted to take it, it would have to be administered by a psychologist.

I'm mostly just saying this because while pop-psych personality tests are fun and all, a lot of people end up taking them too seriously (to the point at which I've heard cases of psychotherapists giving their patients MBTI tests to do) so I felt it was just important to point that out real quick.

Reactions: sserafim and Skathon
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
The general description of the tritype group 145 fits me quite well. I'm probably a 4 or a 5, with instinctual stack sp/sx.
It's interesting that the more I look into the enneagram theory the more I find that actually no type describes me well (or let's say accurate) enough for me to shout "that's literally me!"

btw "level of health" sounds like just another pro-life spiritual theory that's kind of out of touch with reality. You can see how it's biased, how it's linking "healthy" with "loving life", "high functioning", "contributive" lol.
level 1 - Everything about you is ideal/perfect. It's too perfect there's no suffering (completely unattainable irl but *for some reasons* it still needs to be described in detail).
level 3 - you're perfectly fine with reality being what it is. You LOVE this life. You work your ass off happily and voluntarily so that reality can continue being what it is.
level 9 - utter hell. it's the point where you ctb lol.
Since I've never truly loved this life I can't say anything about that, but at least it can be observed that the ctb part isn't true - not all ctb happen at level 9. Not all are like that utter hell that is described in their books.
Theories like this can do a great job at misdirecting people, with beliefs like "you're suffering just because you're a x type with a low level of health".

I always say things like "god is evil", "plz reconsider giving birth", "all systems are faulty", "don't be brainwashed", "the only way that you can actually solve a problem is to dissolve it at its source". Now with this I have to find a way to kiss life/people's ass with my whole heart or I'm just "a nihilistic E5 on the unhealthy level 6 or 7". Nope thanks.

Reactions: sserafim and Skathon
Don’tDoxMe

Don’tDoxMe

Victim of abuse and the US healthcare system
Oct 19, 2023
If it's possible to be a shy 7, that's what I am

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
5+8 (40/60%?), apparently.
You should take the tritype test! Apparently everyone has an enneagram tritype, not just one type
If it's possible to be a shy 7, that's what I am
Wait I think I'm also a (shy) 7 in addition to a 539, but maybe it's just my ADHD…
That's likely due to the Barnum effect. Those statements are vague and could apply to literally anyone, hence why they feel so accurate. These types of things are usually bullshit. If I remember correctly, I think the closest there is to an accurate personality test is the MMPI, which is used to test people for certain mental health and clinical issues. If you wanted to take it, it would have to be administered by a psychologist.

I'm mostly just saying this because while pop-psych personality tests are fun and all, a lot of people end up taking them too seriously (to the point at which I've heard cases of psychotherapists giving their patients MBTI tests to do) so I felt it was just important to point that out real quick.
I've been diagnosed with Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety though and I'm pretty sure Asperger's is the reason why I feel like an alien.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don’tDoxMe