Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I been here for a while but this is the first time I'm legitimately thinking about SN. I know Stan's Guide is almost a year old and I know that we've learned a lot since. Is there anything important I should know besides Stan's guide? Thank you if you actually take time to help me.

Reactions: taw, Abir_london, Metalhead and 1 other person
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
This is something I'm curious about myself, since I was mainly thinking about nitrogen hypoxia until SS brought my attention to SN.

Reactions: Metalhead
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I think stans guide is still the best ref doc that we have. Don't think we have learnt too much more since then but only the fact that everyone reacts different to SN ... And the type of regime they followed. Even the time to go unconscious or pass out varied from person to person... Well that my opinion ...

Reactions: NodusTollens, Hyperbunny, Niftypoint124 and 1 other person
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I been here for a while but this is the first time I'm legitimately thinking about SN. I know Stan's Guide is almost a year old and I know that we've learned a lot since. Is there anything important I should know besides Stan's guide? Thank you if you actually take time to help me.

Have a second dose ready in case you puke.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Metalhead and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
The last edition of the PPeH now differs quite a bunch from Stan's guide which has not evolved, considering that it suggests 2 anti-emetics in tandem, a new proton pump inhibitor to replace Tagamet and pushes for a (refined) Propranolol dose

Reactions: Metalhead, Hyperbunny and dropdeadfred
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
The last edition of the PPeH now differs quite a bunch from Stan's guide which has not evolved, considering that it suggests 2 anti-emetics in tandem, a new proton pump inhibitor to replace Tagamet and pushes for a (refined) Propranolol dose
You don't need any of those things, all you need to do is make sure you keep SN down until you've absorbed enough of it.

As I just posted in another thread, a 130llb person only needs 4g to be absorbed for a lethal dose.

Proton pumps, multiple anti emetics etc just over complicates it, plenty of people just neck it with nothing else.

Reactions: whitefeather, Metalhead, NodusTollens and 2 others
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Not arguing. But the simplification is your call. Double AE is now a standard stance for different methods at several right-to-die organisations around the world.
Also, experiences of distress vary greatly with SN. Something that can be checked through reports with more or less extras. To each his own. I likely would go for Amitriptyline instead of SN if I didn't have better, since I don't mind to put out a little efforts to address a tough decision.

Reactions: Metalhead, Niftypoint124, dropdeadfred and 1 other person
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
As you say, no one knows what their experience will be, and many vomit even with AE's.

To me it makes the whole thing seem more complicated than it really is or needs to be, and if you're determined to go then worrying about a bit of nausea and vomiting isn't much of a big deal.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Stepheng7287 and Umbrellaterm
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Not arguing. But the simplification is your call. Double AE is now a standard stance for different methods at several right-to-die organisations around the world.
Also, experiences of distress vary greatly with SN. Something that can be checked through reports with more or less extras. To each his own. I likely would go for Amitriptyline instead of SN if I didn't have better, since I don't mind to put out a little efforts to address a tough decision.
What do you mean by double AE? Would that be 60 mg Metoclopramide instead of the 30mg Metolopramide 45 minutes before SN?

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
What do you mean by double AE? Would that be 60 mg Meto instead of the 30mg meto 45 minutes before SN?
No they mean 2 different types of AE. And a proton pump. And next will be something else. Then another.

Reactions: Meditation guide and pthnrdnojvsc
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, I don't know. To me a lack of planning looks rather like impulsivity than determination.
I've seen plenty of members spend months here and at the last minute still be clueless about what to do, something I don't quite understand.

Btw, the new proton pump inhibitor backed by Exit is easier to get than Tagamet.

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I don't think it needs to be a lack of planning, Dani planned it to death, took ibuprofen, no antacid even, SN and that was it.

Reactions: NodusTollens, Gnip, Stepheng7287 and 1 other person
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
What do you mean by double AE? Would that be 60 mg Metoclopramide instead of the 30mg Metolopramide 45 minutes before SN?
30mg Meto and 8mg Ondansetron (Zoffran) which have complementary actions. This upgrade is also followed for the DDMP and DDMA cocktails in Oregon recently
I don't think it needs to be a lack of planning, Dani planned it to death, took ibuprofen, no antacid even, SN and that was it.

Yes that does the trick, but so would Chloroquine or jumping from a roof. Who is Dani: the swiss guy ?
The planning at SS will be based on the information that circulates and is relayed, because we are left alone, DIY principally. Occasionally the data won't be broad but one-sided. I'm just not sure about what is the credit of Stan, a random guy that stumbled upon here temporarily, and was elected as cult for not knowing better. Why would it serve as a definite exemple.
None of the extra ingredients for SN are neither impossible not hard to get. To me, it seems that people tend to generally pull up misc excuses. It can be about laziness, lack of knowledge or funds, being low on energy and motivation or on the contrary sporting a careless defying personality, and just any reason in-between and beyond to imagine. Just yesterday, I received the argument "I'll keep it simple because I don't want to learn" lol. I stopped to care to filter the many random behaviours with logic :blarg:
It's only my opinion but an abundance of choices left to overlap and judgement seems better than restricted or enforced views, because let's face it, there is no authority in this field which is experimental enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide and pthnrdnojvsc
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Stan's guide is a really informative easy to understand guide but If you wanna know more, I'd say you could read posts by survivors of SN (took SN but survived) or read the list of people that died or survived-it says what regime they did too. And also maybe the pph guide

Reactions: Dymming Star6, NodusTollens, Hyperbunny and 1 other person
Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
It's striking to me how many people get bent out of shape over the changing recommendations, given that (a substantial portion of) users here are not PPeH's intended audience.

Reactions: NodusTollens and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Let's face it either way you are on your own to choose what to take.

Reactions: Niftypoint124
H

Hyperbunny

Student
Sep 12, 2020
do u know where i can view the latest edition of the pph pls. thanks
You don't need any of those things, all you need to do is make sure you keep SN down until you've absorbed enough of it.

As I just posted in another thread, a 130llb person only needs 4g to be absorbed for a lethal dose.

Proton pumps, multiple anti emetics etc just over complicates it, plenty of people just neck it with nothing else.
really, even without anti-emetics! how do they keep it down

Last edited:
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I did some research + stans guide and was going to use SN.
No food/drink for 24 hours besides a little water.
Odansetron for anti nausea 2 hours before
Tums to reduce stomach acid 1 hour before

Reactions: whitefeather and Metalhead