• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

What doesn't kill you...

• Fucks you up mentally

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Makes you stranger

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms & a dark sense of humor

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Makes you wish it did

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mutates and tries again

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Still tried to fucking kill you

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Steals your sense of self

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leaves you heavily wounded and/or psychologically traumatized

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
Since it doesn't fucking make you stronger, pick your favorite.
If you have more, please share.

(Edit: The origin of this shit: "In 1888, Nietzsche wrote 'Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens.—Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker,' which can be translated as 'Out of life's school of war—what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.'"
Well, Nietzsche can go fuck himself, and I will assume that people who use this aphorism have no idea where it came from - and probably wouldn't like that it was the father of nihilism and the Nazi's favorite philosopher who coined it.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, ToMoveOn, thewalkingdread and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I love this! Ha ha- 'mutates and tries again'- brilliant. For me- life shit has given me unhealthy coping mechanisms and given me a dark sense of humour. I'd say what hasn't killed me has made me cynical and bitter. Enough to try to do the job myself one day (hopefully.)

• Yay!
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Praestat_Mori, JinZhin and 2 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
The very recent stress that didn't kill me, the one I was being praised of being resilient and brave for taking on, was my literal breaking point. So yeah, I'd say what doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Praestat_Mori, JinZhin and 1 other person
JinZhin

JinZhin

Student
Nov 2, 2021
My favourote is Makes you wish it did - Although I agree with everything except option 2)

I don't know- maybe the "makes you stronger" narrative was something people came up with as a cope in order to rationalize the pain they go through, the society glamourizes suffering yet in most cases it has no meaning at all. Most of it- it's all for nothing, and if we were collectively honest and admitted it, most people would just lose their shit.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I originally chose "fucks you up mentally" but changed it to "makes you stranger" because I like the play on the phrase

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, thewalkingdread, Rocinante and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
What doesn't kill just causes way more meaningless and unnecessary suffering, it terrifies me how humans are capable of feeling such immense agony yet are programmed to survive no matter what.

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4, sserafim, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
F

findingquiet

Jun 4, 2024
My favourote is Makes you wish it did - Although I agree with everything except option 2)

I don't know- maybe the "makes you stronger" narrative was something people came up with as a cope in order to rationalize the pain they go through, the society glamourizes suffering yet in most cases it has no meaning at all. Most of it- it's all for nothing, and if we were collectively honest and admitted it, most people would just lose their shit.
Or - it was popularized by people with access to the resources and support that enable them to be resilient in the face of failure and hardship. Classic survivorship bias, because anyone without those resources and support is less likely to still be around.

Reactions: sserafim, thewalkingdread and Sylveon
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
...makes you wish it did

Reactions: Sylveon and sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
what doesn't kill you makes you worse off

Reactions: Sylveon and sserafim
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
Perhaps soldiers who cam back from war blind, crippled, or crazy would be the best people to ask.