Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's by Dostoevsky. I don't really love anyone never have. It's felt ok.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, LostinCyberspace and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I disagree and agree with this quote

disagree:
it's hell to love/have the ability to love people

it takes a lot out of you

especially if you are the kind of person to love people unconditionally even if they do not reciprocate the love you show them or if they have hurt you emotionally, mentally, or physically

agree:
it can be hell to be in a relationship with someone who is unable or doesn't know how to love because it can be hard to teach someone how to love

especially if they did not grow up knowing how to or if they grew up in an environment where love is shown in unconventional ways or ways that are abusive in ways that they don't realize

but then again everyone has different needs and ways that they prefer to be shown love

so this quote and the word love in general is confusing to me because love could mean just about anything to anyone love isn't strictly positive, romantic, sexual, or negative in my opinion

it's so strange I wish there were more words to describe different kinds of love and feelings or romance and love

Reactions: katagiri83
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you don't know any different- then- I guess there's nothing to miss or mourn. Do you never wish you had deeper connections with people though? Do you ever look at others and wished you had experienced that?

Of course- it comes with a whole load of vulnerable heartache. So- it's debatable on whether you missed anything. I feel like I had the capacity to love very deeply but it never really happened. I think it can hurt more to love and lose and to feel you could have loved but never got the chance.

I don't know though. Some people here seem to be having a horrible time of it because they just don't feel like they relate to other people. I guess it can make you feel like you don't fit in. I guess 'love' is related to that. Simply caring about someone. It's got to feel kind of lonely if you don't care about anyone and you don't really notice or care whether people care about you.

• Informative
Reactions: irie and psp3000
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
To live without any kind of love must be a hard life to lead. I feel a lot of love for the world, I just feel like something's holding me back from helping others so I keep to myself. I wish I could help others, but I can't even seem to help myself.

I know you think it's foolish of me to believe in God, but I think you're someone He's eager to share His love with.

Reactions: irie
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I don't understand love, if you want to ask me about it, I'm an open book.

I don't feel connections with people, been snogged multiple times and it's just weird. I don't get it really.

So i don't feel like im in hell not partaking in that boring, dumb act.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
irie

irie

Mar 10, 2023
thinking about it in a broader sense (not purely from the angle of it being love for other human beings), going about living in the world without the ability to love experiencing or doing anything would be hellish, yes (there are a lot of things one can love, so it's hard for me to get into specifics). as for love for others, or just romantic love, it's extremely debatable; in some cases it can be more hellish to love (negative experiences, heartache etc.) than have the ability to love in the first place

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
To live without any kind of love must be a hard life to lead. I feel a lot of love for the world, I just feel like something's holding me back from helping others so I keep to myself. I wish I could help others, but I can't even seem to help myself.

I know you think it's foolish of me to believe in God, but I think you're someone He's eager to share His love with.
Which God? Jesus?
I don't understand love, if you want to ask me about it, I'm an open book.

I don't feel connections with people, been snogged multiple times and it's just weird. I don't get it really.

So i don't feel like im in hell not partaking in that boring, dumb act.
Sexual intercourse is bestial and a stupid desire that intrudes constantly. I hate it!

Reactions: LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Which God? Jesus?
Yes, well, I believe Jesus was the son of God, but also God in the flesh.
Sexual intercourse is bestial and a stupid desire that intrudes constantly. I hate it!
I think we can both agree on that, at the very least. I would like to be able to focus on reading and looking things up on the internet without constantly feeling distracted by my thoughts.

Reactions: Ambivalent1