ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
are we on the verge of collapse?

what are your thoughts about what's to come in next few years?

Reactions: infinitelove, puppy9 and Ghost2211
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
The future doesn't look that great to be honest. I don't like thinking about it too much because it sets off my anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, infinitelove, puppy9 and 2 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
It won't be truly human for much longer. maybe that's for the best...i doubt it though.

Reactions: ecmnesia, infinitelove, puppy9 and 1 other person
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Caspers, ecmnesia and 8 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Oblivion. Not a matter of if only a matter of when.

Reactions: ecmnesia, infinitelove, puppy9 and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think humans are on the fast track to self destruction.

Reactions: Weary Soul, ecmnesia, infinitelove and 5 others
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Statistics show that everything is improving for everyone at all levels of society worldwide i.e economically richer, better health, less hunger, longer lifespans, less war, less violence etc the list goes on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, ecmnesia and Ghost2211
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
In my eyes, it will improve but at the same time will destroy itself by greed and never ending progress.

Reactions: ecmnesia, Ghost2211, puppy9 and 1 other person
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Chinese world domination or hopefully some war nukes the whole planet out of existence

Reactions: ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Statistics show that everything is improving for everyone at all levels of society worldwide i.e economically richer, better health, less hunger, longer lifespans, less war, less violence etc the list goes on.

Which mean nothing as Statistics also show that as a society we are less happy than we have ever been ,
Self harm among 10- to 14-year-old girls in the U.S. has nearly tripled since 2009, according to a Centers for Disease Control
female suicide rates have risen by 53% since 1999
male suicide rates have risen by 26 % since 1999

Reactions: Lupgevif, Good4Nothing, ecmnesia and 6 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It will probably be really great in some ways for some people but still overall shitty or unremarkable for a majority of the global population.

Reactions: Lupgevif, ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...re-the-rise-of-civilization.40772/post-749628

@Sensei did a good summary of all of this, but I'm lazy and can't find it:/

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
A great big pile of shit for the majority of the population. Exponentially more loneliness for each new generation. So low life quality because of lack of labour division that most cannot even dream of a better one. Even for relatively rich people. Because even if you manage to get married, you cannot eat your salaries and there is no acceptable home-maker role left for women.

Also, what is with countries where it is socially unacceptable to walk to whereever the fuck you are going, enjoying the pretty city but you have to bike/scooter? While you HAVE to 'take walks' when you are not going anywhere in particular? You lot are not less brainwashed than North Koreans, you know.

Reactions: Lupgevif, Disappointered, ecmnesia and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Worth noting that human civilisations have risen and fallen many times, the difference here is the interconnectedness of the system and dependence on the technology that raised us to this point, which means the fall will be greater.
The pattern however, is exactly the same as the pattern throughout history and prehistory, it's just the scale that has increased.
Worth noting also that we are currently exhibiting an increase in the conditions that historically plagued societies in the past that were soon to collapse. Without that collapse, there would have been stagnation and unrelenting suffering. And then collapse anyway.
If this model holds true, then this is actually quite on point for this forum.
Rhetorical question: which would you prefer? A long drawn out demise or a quick brutal one?

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lupgevif, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
quick brutal one. what about you?

• Love
Reactions: marcusuk63 and Ghost2211
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Interesting times.

Reactions: waived
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
they'll stay interesting as long is it remains multipolar...once that ends it's basically the matrix. everything is already being prepared for a centralized virtual world and the only reason they're rolling out basic income is to radically restructure everything and keep the plebs in virtual pens until they can be used as pacified slaves or put down.

VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
too unpredictable, but I would bet on an even wilder capitalism in the midst of an environmental collapse.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, Lupgevif and waived
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
are we on the verge of collapse?

what are your thoughts about what's to come in next few years?

I think there's going to be more of the naive "see, a civil war didn't happen", "blue man good orange man bad", "see, an ecological collapse didn't happen", "see, an economic collapse didn't happen" sentiment while the symptoms of those things as a process become more and more severe, globally. I don't have any faith that because a civilization that sucks collapses that it will be some sort of Gaianist rejuvenation, and the consistency of the collapse is really just global empires premised on thinly veiled barbarism cannibalizing their citizenry and devouring each other without the veil.

Another alternative is that the current acceleration of civilization's collapse slows down for some reason and all the misery of the current world gets to be experienced as a protracted event like an ugly sunset that lasts a thousand years without the possibility of intervention or agency in life.

Reactions: Lupgevif
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
intuitively i give the humans not more than 50 generations.

one option is that the will be replaced by some artificial intelligence. if so, i guess, the can't do a worse job than humans are doing.
another option is extinction before they are able to have a self-sustaining colony on another planet.

i read once that intelligence is in term of survival a two sided coin, cause besides the possibilities it creates, it also increases the chance of self-destruction.
seems you can't escape dualism. ^^

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
i read once that intelligence is in term of survival a two sided coin, cause besides the possibilities it creates, it also increases the chance of self-destruction.
seems you can't escape dualism. ^^
Exactly.
"Stuff can be more than one thing."
quick brutal one. what about you?
I honestly don't know.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Which mean nothing as Statistics also show that as a society we are less happy than we have ever been ,
Self harm among 10- to 14-year-old girls in the U.S. has nearly tripled since 2009, according to a Centers for Disease Control
I think the dude was talking about statistics worldwide here

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Increased wealth gap
Climate change
New technology will be used for authoritarian surveillance of citizens in 1st world countries
etc

Reactions: marcusuk63, Lupgevif, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Worldwide human happiness would be extremely difficult to quantify but I have little doubt it is increasing. Sure you get little blips in the statistics that look bad but in the grand scheme of things humans are better off in the year 2020 then they were only a few decades ago. I do not believe we are heading towards destruction. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution everything just keeps getting better and I see that improvement continuing exponentially as technology continues advancing in leaps and bounds.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Worldwide human happiness would be extremely difficult to quantify but I have little doubt it is increasing. Sure you get little blips in the statistics that look bad but in the grand scheme of things humans are better off in the year 2020 then they were only a few decades ago. I do not believe we are heading towards destruction. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution everything just keeps getting better and I see that improvement continuing exponentially as technology continues advancing in leaps and bounds.

i agree that it is partly hard to evaluate. and in general on the average it goes up, but if you look at median values it shows a bit of a different picture, cause the imbalance increased so much in the last 30 years that we are partly back to late 19th century values of imbalance.

and also the increased development of debt since the reagan/thatcher area will sooner or later explode in our faces, if we don't manage to get some kind of cut here.
cause the challenges don't get easier right now. and this thinking of getting climate change somehow handled when everything runs smoothly is a bit too optimistic as we see now in this covid crisis which binds ressources. but in the end its the usually the weaker half of global population who will suffer.

and technology is to some extent also a two sided thing. it helps with a lot but it also seems to make it easier to suppress many by fewer people in power.

Reactions: marcusuk63 and Lupgevif
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I believe that technology elevates us to the point where cultural evolution out-strips biological evolution.
At this point we have too much influence over our environment, but not yet the wisdom to control that influence, as we are still enslaved to the negative selection processes that drove us here; ie. the acquisition and maintenance of power, which continue to drive us into an unsustainable ecological position.
This is the metastatic tipping point that we now face.
It's a paradoxical equilibrium, where the very thing that drives us to our future is the same thing that limits our progression.
This is a natural homeostatic feedback that is baked into any living population, but it is especially prominent in a species intelligent enough to develop technology such as agriculture, industry, computers, the internet and artificial intelligence.
LOL the last one is particular telling as to the culprit of all this.
It may be possible to achieve the wisdom to survive, but generally this is only gained through experience. And that experience is by way of Malthusian Catastrophe.
We have to fall down before we figure out how to stand up and run, and in many ways we are still infants in that regard, going through a particularly painful process of growing up. Without that process though, there can be no adulthood and it may be that we won't reach that phase if we can't figure out how to grow up as a species.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: marcusuk63, puppy9, ecmnesia and 5 others
Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
not gonna ngl we are heading toward Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism and im happy about that

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lupgevif, Silenos, 141592653 and 3 others
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
If you look at this forum right now then yeah.
based, the forum right now clearly shows there is no future for the human race B)

• Love
Reactions: marcusuk63, puppy9, Silenos and 3 others