Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It seems the population is comprised of this type now. Where did they come from? Why do they exist? Where are they going?

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
A lot of these ppl seem to have stemmed from TikTok. And they want a utopia where everything is as they want it to b. They think they can achieve this through censorship and saying they're offended but refusal to accept reality further creates a rift between humanity and truth seekers and speakers. Good question. I was just studying this phenomenon a few days ago

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Ambivalent1
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's rooted in attention, and stems from having been hurt by something or someone. That person then focuses on the perceived injustice and can either score quick internet points with others, or else vent about whatever seems to be a "symptom of the problem" as they perceive it. These people often don't realize that everyone has been hurt by some other person or group in the past. And that the healthy thing to do is let go, rather than try to control and change some broader thing that is bothering them (because they can't). But it's a trend, for sure.

It seems like a Gen Z thing. Older generations know the world is so far from perfect anyway that it's like you know what, just try to deal because there are bigger fish to fry. We're also used to nobody giving us any time for our problems. We never really got to have any group traction with regards to a minor gripe of ours. We just had to put up with it.

It's also a way to stand out. If we can't be rich, or beautiful, or anything else desirable then we can at least try to one-up someone else in terms of morality. But despite all that, these people are often some of the least pleasant to be around.

It only really became a thing with people high-fiving each other over this stuff on social media. Without at least a little validation from other people saying "you're right, that IS wrong" this would never have taken off.

Reactions: Ambivalent1, Message In A Bottle, アホペンギン and 1 other person
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I find I am not around these people a lot, but one of my co workers is like this now. She is a hypocrite, a lot of these people are hypocrites imo. I cannot bring up much without her taking a social justice spin on it and telling me why it is problematic (which is a lot bc I am already into social justice myself so it is not like I am mentioning things that are actually genuinely problematic). It got tiring, but recently when it came to her actually DOING the right thing and protecting others others in a simple way she freaked out and made a bunch of excuses as to why she cannot and didn't want to. So yeah in my opinion it is about control and wanting to feel power, it is not about actually doing the right thing. It is ego focused and therefore cannot translate into genuine justice.

Reactions: Ambivalent1 and Message In A Bottle
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm guessing respect and acceptance deep down. The question maybe boils down to whether they have been disrespected. Did the person who said or did something that insulted them do it intentionally to ostracize them?

Still- even if someone does things unintentionally- should they still not be called up on it? What if someone is just copying what others are doing and says something racist/ homophobic/ really insulting? Shouldn't someone say- think about what you're saying?

Is bullying ok? When is it just poking fun? Having a laugh? When does it cross a line? It's tricky. I'm a big fan of free speech but I also don't like it when people are ostracized. Some people are insulted at the tiniest thing but- maybe it's because they've heard that all their life- and they've had enough.

For some groups- say trans. They feel persecuted already. They are genuinely and openly persecuted. So- maybe their assumption is that EVERYONE hates them. I think they can be on the look out for insults and blunders- when it may not be that people really meant to insult them. They maybe just didn't think. I guess- they just want the world to adjust so that they don't feel ostracized. Which- I guess is what we all want deep down. Most people do have a desire to fit in.

Of course- then you go the other way. People who are offended by others just living their lives. Maybe they see life a certain way and EVERYONE should comply to it. So- when they don't- that offends them. There are plenty of people who are racist, homophobic, fat phobic. They simply don't want to live around people who are different to them. They may even take offence at how a neighbour chooses to decorate their house. Irony is- they're probably the ones who want to ostracize the others!

Still in terms of sensitivity levels- everyone's different. For the ones who seem to get offended by everything- I guess they ultimately want control. To make people different than how they are.

Reactions: psp3000 and Angst Filled Fuck Up