born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Im not sure with chemicals i just wanna know if Tech grade means anything in the food industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
My guess would be it is reagent grade to be used in chemical testing. My SN is rated similarly and was purchased from a chemical store for use in chemical testing, not for food use. It is my understanding this should work but I can't say with 100% assurance as I haven't tested mine yet.

Reactions: born2win
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I have only heard lab and food grade. Arccording to a quick seach, tech grade it somewhat impure, not meant for cosumption because too many impurities or precise reactions or meds, but is used to make other stuff. Most likely industrial use?

But I don't know how pure it is off that unfortunately. It still should be about 98% but no chemist is going to using it when regent grade exist. I think it's fine, just test it in case. (Edit)

Last edited:
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
My guess would be it is reagent grade to be used in chemical testing. My SN is rated similarly and was purchased from a chemical store for use in chemical testing, not for food use. It is my understanding this should work but I can't say with 100% assurance as I haven't tested mine yet.
Yep i guess it should work in their store description it says that it can be used for meat. Only one way, and one time to find out i guess
I have only heard lab and food grade. Arccording to a quick seach, tech grade it somewhat impure, not meant for cosumption because too many impurities or precise reactions or meds, but is used to make other stuff. Most likely industrial use?

But I don't know how pure it is off that unfortunately. It still should be about 98% but no chemist is going to using it when regent grade exist. I think it's fine, just test it in case. (Edit)
hmm but the seller stated in its product description that it is 99% purity. Is there a food grade with 99% and tech grade with 99% grade also?

Last edited:
LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
Yep i guess it should work in their store description it says that it can be used for meat. Only one way, and one time to find out i guess
There are 2 methods to test SN purity that don't involve consumption. One is the blood test which just requires adding a little bit of blood to the SN where it should change to a chocolatey brown color quickly. The other is using aquarium testing strips. There are multiple threads covering both methods. Here are a couple examples...

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-test-results-using-strips-and-reagents.90840/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-tests-blood-aqua-high-res-pics.90942/

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, raindrop9, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Anyone else can comment on this please?
Im searching for difference between Lab grade vs Food grade. Can i use either?

born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
There are 2 methods to test SN purity that don't involve consumption. One is the blood test which just requires adding a little bit of blood to the SN where it should change to a chocolatey brown color quickly. The other is using aquarium testing strips. There are multiple threads covering both methods. Here are a couple examples...

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-test-results-using-strips-and-reagents.90840/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-tests-blood-aqua-high-res-pics.90942/
ill try this out. thank you

Reactions: LifeHasNoOptIn
D

Deleted member 31858

Yes it will work for you. I asked for food, technical and reagent grade and they told me that any would do. Just do the blood or aquarium test as mentioned to make sure.

Reactions: 0000000000000, Sweet Tart and born2win
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Yes it will work for you. I asked for food, technical and reagent grade and they told me that any would do. Just do the blood or aquarium test as mentioned to make sure.
thank you

C

Cheza_mus

Experienced
Jul 1, 2021
I heard someone say Whether tech or lab or food or industrial grade it will work out....what matters is the purity

I

Iuam

Yawa
Aug 6, 2023
Im from Philippines btw. I also bought the samething. Na try mo na bang itest yung purity

J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Looks a bit dodgy to be honest. Even trying to read the label makes no sense.
Ensure the label fully …. ?
I dunno, it just looks a bit suspect.

born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Im from Philippines btw. I also bought the samething. Na try mo na bang itest yung purity
I know someone who died using this. I prompted him to delete his post actually to clear the online shop of any death.
Search Rideordie.. I chatted with him and also he tested the purity.

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Hi fellow countryman. Have you tested yours yet? I just ordered mine and now I'm having doubts since the store said tech grade and when i asked the seller they said 99% pure, but the pictures where just a buch of repackaged plastic bags with no markings. I also found another store that says food grade 99% but the bottle has no mention of the purity...

RealitySurf

RealitySurf

Aug 21, 2023
I also bought one that says is "Technical Sodium nitrite", ("Nitrito de Sodio Tecnico") but I don't know if that matters
I even asked ChatGPT (i know its not totally reliable) about "the difference between food grade and non-food grade SN"

This is what i got:

The main difference between food-grade and non-food-grade sodium nitrite is that food-grade sodium nitrite is specifically purified and approved for safe use in food products, while non-food-grade sodium nitrite is not intended for human consumption and may not meet the same purity and safety standards.

Altough in the website says it is 98%+ purity.

dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Hey born2win and other pinoys, we should have a group chat sometime. Paranaque and cavite resident here
Best option, test nation with the aquarium strips
Best option, test nation with the aquarium strips

riellending

riellending

successfully catching my bus
Oct 1, 2023
Hi fellow countryman. Have you tested yours yet? I just ordered mine and now I'm having doubts since the store said tech grade and when i asked the seller they said 99% pure, but the pictures where just a buch of repackaged plastic bags with no markings. I also found another store that says food grade 99% but the bottle has no mention of the purity...
were you able to test it's purity? i think i'm currently eyeing the same thing.

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
were you able to test it's purity? i think i'm currently eyeing the same thing.
Yes I have, the test was okay with the aquarium and blood test. Though i bought another batch from a different source...

riellending

riellending

successfully catching my bus
Oct 1, 2023
Yes I have, the test was okay with the aquarium and blood test. Though i bought another batch from a different source...
is it alright if i asked what it scored on the aquarium test? and where you bought your other batch? thank u !

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000