Liru2002

Liru2002

Jun 19, 2023
Hi,

Therapy and Antidepressants doesn't do anything for me. My Psychiatrist doesn't do that much except for describing another useless medication. I tried Venlafaxine, Zoloft, Escitaloprame, Bupropion, Mirtazapine and Opipramol.

Even HRT doesn't help me with my Gender Dysphoria. My Hormone-levels are good but I think my Dysphoria will never go away. It's just a permanent problem. That's why I want to ctb but I don't know when I will do it.

Are there any other things, that I should try before I will ingest my SN?

• Hugs
Reactions: VioletNight, Aim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Sometimes getting to the cause of the problems can help. A lot of people investigate how past trauma has effected them and how it can be resolved.

I don't really feel qualified to talk about gender dysphoria so this may comes across poorly but I think acceptence can be important. Sometimes we have something we are desperate to go away we became fearful that we will be stuck with it forever. Often that can just give it more power and make it persist. Maybe if we can just accept a situation and be comfortable with it then it can often fade away on its own.

Reactions: NotToBeRemembered, VioletNight, Aim and 2 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I heard tripping on shrooms, psychedelics, and weed cuz all give you sudden realizations about life that make you suddenly better. Sounds too good to be true, but it's worth a shot if it works for some people.

Reactions: Liru2002
LifeCouldBeADream

LifeCouldBeADream

Why she bring these bright eyes to this dark place
Dec 13, 2023
I heard tripping on shrooms, psychedelics, and weed cuz all give you sudden realizations about life that make you suddenly better. Sounds too good to be true, but it's worth a shot if it works for some people.
From my personal experience when you take too much you panic and start to experience ego death where you feel like ur really about to die convinced even and you learn to just let go once you sober up you become grateful you survived and feel better about living but that feeling can fade like it does for me and become depressed once more but that one good scare for some people can be enough to never touch it again alot more is also happening all at once i can go on and on ive done shooms and lsd mostly lsd but to sum it up I think it can definitely help some people

• Informative
Reactions: penguinl0v3s
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Hi,

Therapy and Antidepressants doesn't do anything for me. My Psychiatrist doesn't do that much except for describing another useless medication. I tried Venlafaxine, Zoloft, Escitaloprame, Bupropion, Mirtazapine and Opipramol.

Even HRT doesn't help me with my Gender Dysphoria. My Hormone-levels are good but I think my Dysphoria will never go away. It's just a permanent problem. That's why I want to ctb but I don't know when I will do it.

Are there any other things, that I should try before I will ingest my SN?
In regards to the therapy, I'd try several different psychologists if I were you. I've been to 5 psychologists (and one psychiatrist) total in my life. 4 of them didn't help me at all. But one has helped me a LOT over the years.

I started off with such bad social anxiety that I couldn't leave my house to get groceries. But with her help in a few months I was able to go back to school and about a year later I had overcome my social anxiety enough to find a girlfriend.

Obviously I'm here now so it's not like she completely fixed me. But that being said that mostly has to do with a lot of really bad luck in my life and the fact that I came to her after my psychological problems were already really severe and my life was already a complete mess. She's a great psychologist, but she's not a miracle worker. So I don't blame her for that.

Anyway, point I'm making is if you can try many different psychologists. Good therapy is about not only the quality of the psychologist, but about the quality of your connection with them, the method they use and how it fits you and your specific problem. There's a lot of moving parts and you can find a lot of psychologists don't help you but then one has the right approach that it works for you.

Personally, I'm a fan of cognitive behavioural therapy but everyone has their own specific problems and tastes. My current psychologist is someone who looks very practically at everything with me and is very hands on, rather than just pure talk therapy. And that works far better for me than just telling some person about how I'm doing every week (which was kind of what some of my other psychologists were like).

No guarantees, but that's how it worked for me, anyway. I just wish I'd been brave enough to switch psychologists earlier.

If you only go to a psychiatrist then you might want to try a psychologist as well. In my experience psychiatrists are much more quick to just jump to medicine. Psychologists can't prescribe medicine so I feel like they're much less prone to going down that route over and over again. Mine doesn't, anyway.

As for the medicine approach, there are a couple of things.

• There's some evidence that psilocybin for depression. A course of about 7-8 weeks together with therapy.
  • Ketamine can also be effective for depression, specifically treatment resistant depression (aka when normal antidepressants don't work).
  • And then there's always TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). That helps about half of people who didn't respond to antidepressants feel better.
Those are the main things that I can think of.

Reactions: Liru2002
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Dffrnt thngs wrk fr dffrnt ppl bt thre = ovr-vw of dffrnt therpis on ths thred

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's not uncommon to see no effect with antidepressants. Antipsychotics come with their own problems but may be an option. If it weren't for the weight gain, I would probably still be on quetiapine. Right now, I only take trazadone for sleep, and it is enough.

Beyond medications, the ol' exercise & sleep schedule advice still applies. You probably won't see dividends until a couple of weeks at least, but it helps. I bought a cheap exercise bike at home that I pedal while playing videogames, preferably an FPS or racing game. If you exercise enough, it should be easier to fall asleep more consistently as well. Blue-light blocking glasses are goofy AF, but I have found them useful. You can still find cheap ones welders use online for <$20.

Reactions: Liru2002 and VioletNight
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
what works is bringing hope back into your life. doing something new or adding something to your routine every day to achieve hope that a brighter future is ahead. hope is key to challenging despair. finding a purpose is what drives people to tackle difficulties without falling to their knees as soon as an inconvenience arises.

Reactions: Liru2002 and VioletNight