N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Probably not much. I think as a suicide forum reaction scores should not be relevant.
I barely care about views and especially not reactions. Many of my threads don't get much attention but even if only some people have read my thoughts that comforts me.

This is no place for being focused on getting attention or a popularity contest.

But I wonder why some people have astronomical high reaction scores (in relation to their post count).
Here are some possible reasons.

Many people can relate to the post of the person. Maybe the person hits the nail when they describe feelings and emotions.

The posts might invoke many reactions either good or bad ones. Maybe the content is controversial or not that nuanced.

Maybe many people like what the person says, let it be a philosophy or any other world view

Maybe the posts are particular sad, funny, well-written or infuriating etc.

I think it is safe to say that staff members have a very high reaction scores because they can provide the community with official information

There are people who say reactions should be abolished in this forum. It would be too much like social media. I feel comforted when someone sends me a love, hug or sad reaction. So I would not abolish them but one should not overvalue them.
Some say certain reactions get abused to make fun of people. I see this potential misuse but I prefer to call people out for offensive reactions or maybe just asking them whether they might have misclicked.

I think the reaction score have not much value except sending the person who posted a certain message how they perceived the post. This purpose is good in my opinion. But either good or bad content can lead to a high reaction score so there is no need for a competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash, eatantz, sserafim and 2 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
  • Informative
Reactions: eatantz, Celerity, avoid and 1 other person
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Screenshot 20231018 223424 Brave

Edit:
A reaction score tells me nothing because I don't know what they were given for. A hug for a sad story; a heart for received support; a laugh for a joke; a frown for incorrect information. I don't look differently at users for having a reaction score three times their message count or a reaction score below their message count.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: eatantz, Celerity, Morgengrauen and 2 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
This is no place for being focused on getting attention or a popularity contest.
Popularity contest no, but attention yes (with the caveat that the OP should not lie, inflate or manufacture outrage to get clicks) . The point of putting anything on social media is to get attention to the content which you feel strongly for , the more the attention the better . If there were 0 members/lurkers on this site , this place would be a personal diary not a community, and people are here to reach out to as many community members as possible .

You make good observations on the rest of the post and I agree with the rest .
@avoid
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
My like now ! I also accept payment in laugh reactions .

• Yay!
Reactions: fwompie and avoid
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
But I wonder why some people have astronomical high reaction scores (in relation to their post count).
I think sometimes those people are members who are active in the chats. Reactions in chats count towards your reaction score but messages sent in the chat don't count towards your message count.

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash and avoid
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think that the majority of users on this forum do not care too much about reaction scores. This is not to say that they cannot be used to be mean-spirited, because they definitely can (and have), but the majority of the time I believe that people do not think about the scores that they give or receive.

Me, personally, I tend to use the "Like" button to react to another users post if I want to respond, but do not have the energy to make a post, or just cannot think of anything useful to respond with - it is just something I (and many others) use to easily acknowledge others in a friendly and quick way.

Reactions: 0000000000000 and avoid
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I wish reaction score was abolished too, especially on SaSu.

Reactions: m4rius, fwompie, avoid and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Probably not much. I think as a suicide forum reaction scores should not be relevant.
I barely care about views and especially not reactions. Many of my threads don't get much attention but even if only some people have read my thoughts that comforts me.

Here are some possible reasons.

Many people can relate to the post of the person. Maybe the person hits the nail when they describe feelings and emotions.

The posts might invoke many reactions either good or bad ones. Maybe the content is controversial or not that nuanced.

Maybe many people like what the person says, let it be a philosophy or any other world view

Maybe the posts are particular sad, funny, well-written or infuriating etc.

I think it is safe to say that staff members have a very high reaction scores because they can provide the community with official information

There are people who say reactions should be abolished in this forum. It would be too much like social media. I feel comforted when someone sends me a love, hug or sad reaction. So I would not abolish them but one should not overvalue them.
Some say certain reactions get abused to make fun of people. I see this potential misuse but I prefer to call people out for offensive reactions or maybe just asking them whether they might have misclicked.

I think the reaction score have not much value except sending the person who posted a certain message how they perceived the post. This purpose is good in my opinion. But either good or bad content can lead to a high reaction score so there is no need for a competition.
That people interacted with/reacted to their posts/threads. There's really no need for it though

Last edited:
Reactions: avoid