3ndl3ss-v0id

3ndl3ss-v0id

Void
Jul 31, 2023
Let´s share some healthy ways of dealing with those not-so-nice feelings!

A friend of mine introduced me to fire spinning a couple months ago and I recently bought my own stick. Now every time I´m having thoughts about hurting myself or I feel I´m getting really sad I put on some music and spin the stick. It´s easy, accessible and because I have to concentrate so I don´t hit or burn myself I successfully distract myself. I´m really proud of myself for finding and sticking with a healthy (and cool) way of handling these negative thoughts and I´m getting really good at it. You don´t need a proper fire spinning stick if you want to start, a broom stick will do the trick just fine. You can also make yours for less that 20 euros so no need to spend a hundred on one if you can´t/don´t want.

It took me a really long time to find something I like that helps me without boring me quickly so don´t desist; you´ll find something eventually. :]

• Informative
Reactions: Regen and consider
dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
Currently reading Florence Scovel Shinn to try to help with mine.

She was a metaphysician who taught law of attraction/assumption.

It's hard in the beginning, though - when you've had a lifetime of negative programming running in your subconscious.

As soon as you start trying to think different thoughts of a different vibration, the old garbage starts coming up and challenging you.

Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
I try to laugh at something. God knows there's enough stuff on the Internet. There's an IT humor group on Facebook I frequent. I laugh at my bipolar, my suicidal thoughts; everything.

• Yay!
Reactions: consider, SweetItalianS and Innereye
maraNIya

maraNIya

Oct 17, 2024
Meditation and Buddhism have helped, and I'm focusing on spending more time outdoors in local parks. "Golden Light" visualization suits this perfectly, especially with the beautiful autumn scenery. I'm trying to make the most of it.

Reactions: Regen and Leiot
Innereye

Innereye

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
Depends

Owning my own pain and not resorting to alloplastic defense has been a big one for me.

Always seeking to understand the cause & effect relationships for my issues then looking for pragmatic solutions based on said etiology as opposed to stewing and trapping myself within them.

It's a mountain considering the pervasiveness of the void I carry but I can at least say it's my void and go from there (if that makes sense)

Reactions: Regen
watchdog

watchdog

watch-dog
Mar 24, 2023
usually I will allow myself to feel bad but only for a bit. I let myself get out whatever I need to say/do then listen to music or spend time with my dog. Those always cheer my up.

Rudi

Rudi

𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔦 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬 𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬
Oct 15, 2024
I actually wanna try this!

Though, I have a question, did it help immediately, or in a short time? Or how long did it take?

Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Student
Sep 10, 2024
I found some stuff on fire spinning, I might try it, it looks fun.

3ndl3ss-v0id

3ndl3ss-v0id

Void
Jul 31, 2023
I found some stuff on fire spinning, I might try it, it looks fun.
It is! It really help me to force myself to go outdoors and it´s really easy to get going. Tell me how it goes:]
I actually wanna try this!

Though, I have a question, did it help immediately, or in a short time? Or how long did it take?
I´m glad u found it interesting!

At first, like any other hobby, you will hit yourself with the stick a thousand times. I was a bit hesitant about it because I´m shy and I just can´t stand people staring at me while failing at something. But once you realize you look cooler than u think you´ll feel more confident and start to get better. The main key about doing fire spinning is being calmed and focused and it´s really easy to get the hang of it. At the end of the day is nothing more than spinning a stick. If you feel the stick isn´t your thing there are also more stuff related to that practice. If you look up in youtube fire spinning you´ll find people doing it with two sticks or even some poi dance! I promise it won´t let u down:]

Last edited:
SweetItalianS

SweetItalianS

Aug 11, 2024
Sleeping - once you've slept the emotional state gets reset and you might feel better, if you can't fall asleep due to constant stream of negative thoughts - try to imagine a campfire, add more details to it, how do the logs in it look like? how does it sounds? is it windy? what is the location, could it be the depth of Siberia with flaky snow falling from the sky... Kinda like counting the sheep

I also like reading books or going for a walk with some music those two are the best to clear out the head >:)

Reactions: Regen
bluefeather177

bluefeather177

drowsy in a dark room
Mar 2, 2023
Nature walks. Doesn't have to be a full blown hike. Doesn't have to be fast enough to get the heart rate up even, just being outside and around plants and birds does wonders for me. There's a nice creek trail by my work/study spot that feels isolated despite being right behind a shopping center. I walk there and look at how the vegetation grows/changes, crunch some leaves, watch the animals that live there, and count how many ducks, lizards, etc I see that day. My favorite is the snowy egret :^) it's a really good day when I get to see him.

Being in nature has a lot of cognitive benefits and has been shown to lower heart rate and cortisol. I've noticed since I started doing it how much constant noise levels actually bother me and hurt my well-being, and conversely how enjoying the natural world helps me calm down.

• Love
Reactions: SweetItalianS and Regen
3ndl3ss-v0id

3ndl3ss-v0id

Void
Jul 31, 2023
Sleeping - once you've slept the emotional state gets reset and you might feel better, if you can't fall asleep due to constant stream of negative thoughts - try to imagine a campfire, add more details to it, how do the logs in it look like? how does it sounds? is it windy? what is the location, could it be the depth of Siberia with flaky snow falling from the sky... Kinda like counting the sheep

I also like reading books or going for a walk with some music those two are the best to clear out the head >:)
I struggle a lot to fall asleep and never thought about this. Thanks for the tip:]